Hey blizzard drop me a {fishing} line

100 Gnome Warlock
I have been trying to get the sea turtle for ever. I have caught over 15000 fish/junk. Now my time hasn't been wasted because I do enjoy to fish but, I am starting to wonder if its bugged for me.

Each cast is 22sec long, In most cases you catch at or around 11sec. So take that 11sec and multiply that by 15000. Now divide that number by 60sec, then divide that by 60min and you will come to the reality that I did. I have spent 46 straight hours fishing and no sea turtle....

"And yes I am fishing in schools of fish for those that just want to assume ignorance is the cause"

Is this typical? Am I bugged? Is there some secret force keeping me from my destiny?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Bad luck
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
How come your casts are 22 seconds long? Mine are only 20. I know that doesn't help the situation but confused.

I did always think that you're cast times should decrease as you leveled up. Would give a good perk to those who actually level it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Same issue for me, but with that Lucky Fishing Hat. Got the book early, think when this toon was in high 20s, but no hat. I do all three fishing dailies, but so far, nada, nothing, bupkis. And no, no damn turtle either.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
You know to fish in the pools right?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
01/08/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Jozie
You know to fish in the pools right?

He mentioned this in the first post. :)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
OMG It has happened. The Mighty Sea Turtle has finally graced my bags with its presence. I can't believe it.

I AM SO HAPPY
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Some one do the math on this

15729 fish and things caught to get sea turtle

What was my {Sea Turtle} drop chance?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm over 15,000 fish caught and got the sea turtle about two weeks ago while fishing up Jewel Daino in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. I don't think our numbers caught were unusual. We simply weren't one of the lucky few to catch it quickly. I've caught "Old Crafty" within 50 fish total on an alt and still haven't managed it on my main despite a number of hours trying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sometimes you are just that unlucky. I think I was around the same, if not higher, when I finally caught mine as well.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I caught mine during the grind for Seafood Magnifique in Cata. Since that's only 10k casts, my odds were apparently better than yours.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]