Really, Repentance was the problem with Ret?

90 Human Paladin
So Ret paladins have all these issues horrible sustained damage , no RBG representation, hardly any Arena representation and guess what the Devs thought the problem was???

You guessed right Repentance nerf. Lord knows those OP RET paladins needed a repentance nerf and nothing else. I have no faith in the devs for Ret pallies I'm just gonna finish level my rogue to 90 and never look back.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
what's the nerf?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
well, for some, . . . 2 tenths of a second is a lifetime.

edit - i'm totally being a smartass
Edited by Krucifux on 1/9/2013 6:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/09/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Lobster
Repen base cast is now 1.7sec instead of 1.5sec. SHOCKING I know.

I don't care the nerf really but the point is where is the help to sustained damage? Where is some fixes to issues. anything really? Id be happy for Inquisition to last longer.............something........
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You don't even use Repentance in either of your Ret spec's. Maybe if you were a Holy Paladin someone would take you seriously (although I doubt it Holy is in a good spot right now).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/09/2013 06:29 PMPosted by Zaldeth
You don't even use Repentance in either of your Ret spec's. Maybe if you were a Holy Paladin someone would take you seriously (although I doubt it Holy is in a good spot right now).

Okay lets forget about the nerf it's not groundbreaking whatever! my point is where is the fixes for Ret??
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/09/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Lobster
PTR isn't done yet. More changes to be expected. Who knows what next week's patch notes will say.

You have a better chance of Winning the Million dollar lotto next week then seeing Ret buffs in patch 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
01/09/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Maxxicon
I'm just gonna finish level my rogue to 90 and never look back.
so how do rogues look in the ptr then?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Repentance was not the problem with Ret; in fact most of us don't even use it. So changing Repentance will have pretty much no effect on Ret.

Remember, after all, that the Official Position(TM) is that Ret is juuuuuuuust right. Which is... not terribly correct, but since that's what they think, it really shouldn't be surprising that the patch notes contain no major changes for us. Not something to be HAPPY about, but certainly not surprising.
Edited by Ravicana on 1/9/2013 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Cyclone, Polymorph, and Fear all have 1.7 second casts to allow for the amount of haste players tend to otherwise stack. Like others have already said, it's not a heavily used talent by ret anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The real problem with Ret right now is that it is continually getting nerfed because of other classes/specs. While this .2 second Repentance nerf is very minor, it is in fact another nerf to Ret caused by another class/spec. Other, though more important, nerfs to Ret caused by other classes/specs are as follows:

Hybrid healing nerf, the nerf that broke Ret this season. This nerf was caused because of Spriests. Spriests were, and ironically still are, healing way too much, but instead of simply nerfing Spriests healing, Blizzard just nerfed all hybrid healing, which destroyed Retribution's entire defense system. (Because let's face it, bubble and wannabe-Barksin are jokes.)

Battle Fatigue healing nerf. This furthered the nerf on Retribution's healing, as if it wasn't a big enough nerf. Completely sealing the fate of Rets because HEALERS were healing too much. But instead of nerfing healers' healing like they did with hybrid healing, (via PvP Power), they nerfed all healing in the game. Handing this season to pures, with only Spriests and Ferals having even the slightest chance at succeeding, because Spriests having Void Shift and retarded OP CC and Ferals having almost as much damage as a Warrior, with better off-target CC.

Burst, on use, trinket nerf. This nerf was caused because of Warriors, Hunters and Ferals. But instead of nerfing their damage specifically, Blizzard decided that even though the Badges had been balanced forever, that nerfing them would fix burst from Warriors, Hunters and Ferals. This nerf probably hit Ret the hardest, because all we have going for us now is burst.

PvP weapons having more PvP Power buff. Because of hybrids no longer receiving healing increases from PvP Power, this is further handing the game to the pures, because PvP Power doesn't benefit hybrids as well pures. (Ret would now, for example, prefer strength > PvP Power because Strength increases our healing too. Warriors though just want damage increase.) Also, no idea why they got a buff, guess Blizzard thought burst wasn't high enough in the game.

This season is absolutely horrendous. I wonder what Blizzard is thinking. This was supposed to be the "PvP expansion", but so far it's been the worst for PvP in history. Did you even see the last tournament comps?..... Lol what a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
The real problem with Ret right now is that it is continually getting nerfed because of other classes/specs. While this .2 second Repentance nerf is very minor, it is in fact another nerf to Ret caused by another class/spec. Other, though more important, nerfs to Ret caused by other classes/specs are as follows:

Hybrid healing nerf, the nerf that broke Ret this season. This nerf was caused because of Spriests. Spriests were, and ironically still are, healing way too much, but instead of simply nerfing Spriests healing, Blizzard just nerfed all hybrid healing, which destroyed Retribution's entire defense system. (Because let's face it, bubble and wannabe-Barksin are jokes.)

Battle Fatigue healing nerf. This furthered the nerf on Retribution's healing, as if it wasn't a big enough nerf. Completely sealing the fate of Rets because HEALERS were healing too much. But instead of nerfing healers' healing like they did with hybrid healing, (via PvP Power), they nerfed all healing in the game. Handing this season to pures, with only Spriests and Ferals having even the slightest chance at succeeding, because Spriests having Void Shift and retarded OP CC and Ferals having almost as much damage as a Warrior, with better off-target CC.

Burst, on use, trinket nerf. This nerf was caused because of Warriors, Hunters and Ferals. But instead of nerfing their damage specifically, Blizzard decided that even though the Badges had been balanced forever, that nerfing them would fix burst from Warriors, Hunters and Ferals. This nerf probably hit Ret the hardest, because all we have going for us now is burst.

PvP weapons having more PvP Power buff. Because of hybrids no longer receiving healing increases from PvP Power, this is further handing the game to the pures, because PvP Power doesn't benefit hybrids as well pures. (Ret would now, for example, prefer strength > PvP Power because Strength increases our healing too. Warriors though just want damage increase.) Also, no idea why they got a buff, guess Blizzard thought burst wasn't high enough in the game.

This season is absolutely horrendous. I wonder what Blizzard is thinking. This was supposed to be the "PvP expansion", but so far it's been the worst for PvP in history. Did you even see the last tournament comps?..... Lol what a joke.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
kinda like this change actually. take that holy pallies :) i kid i kid.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/09/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Maxxicon
Okay lets forget about the nerf it's not groundbreaking whatever! my point is where is the fixes for Ret??

you're not even 1500 and you're worried about your class being broken. HA
Reply Quote
Can we just have reck bombs back?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
01/10/2013 01:11 AMPosted by Harlemisha
Can we just have reck bombs back?

tee hee, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goCtuBPPKlk

sad thing is that it won't do today what it did in vanilla. maybe increase from 4 to 8 charges?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]