make gear cheaper as season progresses?

(Locked)

For Battlegrounds
Why not just make us all Nude, give us a sword, or an axe or a wand and our spell abilities and handle the whole thing in one fell swoop.

It would be more fun fighting on the battlefields and we'd all be closer to equal.

Legend has it that the ancient Irish used to fight battles in the nude because they didn't want
to bloody the only single pair of clothes that they owned, so this approach would be sticking to the traditional ancient world theme which WoW is based upon.
90 Troll Druid
Hope you guys completely reconsider this change. Changing the rating system to promote quantity of games, rather than quality of games, is just going to inflate the MMR out of proportion and turn this game into a job. Please don't give arenas 'the daily treatment' you forced onto competitive raiders.
People !@#$%ing about "getting left in the dust mid-season"; it's your fault you are a casual player to be honest. Making it easier for lazy people to get gear demeans the work of the hardcore players who actually earn it in my eyes.
Also, don't complain at me about me being a stuck-up hardcore player because I'm casual too, and perfectly content with being left in the dust by the people who do the work to earn the gear.
Better be fixed by the time next season rolls around
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/10/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Why not add in a reduction in conquest points required to purchase gear as the season progresses? Like a 25 point deduction per week. That way casuals/people re rolling aren't left in the dust mid way through the season.

Stay strong! This is a subject that we've been giving a lot of thought to lately. We'll have more to report in the near future.

-Pokes Daxx-

This guy, right here, is awesome. /nodnod
90 Night Elf Warrior
This is How PvP Works for me in the middle of a Season:

1. Do BGs after BGs until you have all your Dreadful Gear for Arenas

2. Once you are in Dreadful the hardcore Random BGs is over, and you notice a dramatic skill increase after every arena loss.

3. You start to Win some arenas which increases your self-esteem, and you eventually get the 1800 points for the week.

4. Once you are guaranteed you can get the 1800 points per week its log on to WoW One time a week to quickly get your 1800 Points.

5. While you can only login once a week to get the 1800 Points a Week (Unless you PvE too) you just play many other games like LoL, Sc2, BF3, D3, AC, Halo, CoD, Need for Speed, PS1 games on the PC, GW2, Skyrim, and just really any game.

6. Once after months when you finally can play competitive in PvP from the time wasted from how the stupid rating system works you can start to play rated BGs, and Arenas competitively since you have the gear for it.

Smart PvP Players are not stupid, and won't play beyond the 1800 Points a week after getting the Dreadful Gear to get crushed by Fully Arena Geared Players because they know the Limits Very well that the Arena gear people holds.
Edited by Goldilocked on 1/13/2013 1:56 PM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
What about something like this

Instead of buying a piece of gear you unlock a slot. So let's say on my pally I spend 1750 conq pts to buy a chest "unlock." I then go over to the conq gear vendor can can buy a ret or holy chest piece for 50g or something. Now, this would be account wide... so if I have earned 11 pieces of gear on my paladin I can also spend 550g and get equally geared on my shaman that hit 90 mid season. I think this would ultimately solve two issues, swapping specs mid season and starting off the season late on an alt. Obviously, there would still need to be something to work for, so t2 would have to be earned by obtaining 2200. But this way for a little money you can be up to date on alts and specs.

Just a thought
90 Tauren Shaman
Instead of buying a piece of gear you unlock a slot. So let's say on my pally I spend 1750 conq pts to buy a chest "unlock." I then go over to the conq gear vendor can can buy a ret or holy chest piece for 50g or something. Now, this would be account wide... so if I have earned 11 pieces of gear on my paladin I can also spend 550g and get equally geared on my shaman that hit 90 mid season. I think this would ultimately solve two issues, swapping specs mid season and starting off the season late on an alt. Obviously, there would still need to be something to work for, so t2 would have to be earned by obtaining 2200. But this way for a little money you can be up to date on alts and specs.

Just a thought

I like this idea.
90 Night Elf Warrior
It should work more like this:

1. Very Cheap Crafted Gear Only about 10g on the AH (Item Level 440)
2. Cheap Crafted Gear Only about 100g on the AH (Item Level 550)

These Crafted Gears are Optional so you won't get owned since the Entry Level is pretty High. The Item Level 550 is Already in the Game, but some refuse to buy it at 100g, but may at 10g.

3. Very Week/Cheap PvP Honor Gear (Dreadful) Required to Buy (As Cheap as buying level 70 Gear atm)

The point of this is to make it so you won't get nuked every time a player attacks you compared to dying slowly instead. This will make PvP more balanced, which increases competition tied up to fun because it will decrease the limitations from gear, but still gives you a disadvantage because your gear is weak, but much better off than having no gear at all

4. Trade in your Dreadful Gear for Malv Gear

You can trade in a Dreadful Gear you have, and Honor for a Malv, and if you get enough honor points for the season you can buy the Malv weapon.

5. Upgrades.

Now you can Upgrade your Malv Stats Item Level up to a few times by purchasing a item for honor that's like "Right Click On a PvP Gear to increase its Item Level". This will make it so you have a upper edge with your Malv Gear compared to Arena geared people, but the Arena gear level still will own you.

The Arena Gear will be Amazing, compared to the Malv gear, but what if you started half way through the season? You don't want it easy to get because it will then ruin the point of getting gear at the start of the season so you want it to be more challenging , but possible through hard work half way through the season.

The answer is for every week the Season Progresses the more Conquest you can get for trading in Honor Points. So you will be punished for not doing your weekly arenas, or starting a season late because you have to trade in a lot of honor for some conquest, and you can't abuse this to gear up fast because for every week a season goes by it only gives up to 1800 Conquest Points Max that does not interfere with weekly max using this vendor which makes it possible for everyone to catch up on gear to play competitive.

Then last, but not least they play competitive for a REALLY good wep like always, and once they get it they can brag to everyone about their gear.

Edit: In SHORT trade Honor for Conquest
Edited by Goldilocked on 1/13/2013 2:25 PM PST
90 Night Elf Warrior
01/13/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Carnij

I like this idea too
90 Night Elf Warrior
Idot - You are WAY off Topic; This Thread is about issues that need to be addressed about how the PvP Gear System Works -_-

01/13/2013 02:25 AMPosted by Maxiownz
Better be fixed by the time next season rolls around

Also This. It does not matter since I wil lStart Day one of the Season, but others will be left in the dust.
Edited by Goldilocked on 1/13/2013 2:37 PM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
Also This. It does not matter since I wil lStart Day one of the Season, but others will be left in the dust.

Idk why but I always try and do this and don't get motivated till it's too late >.>
90 Undead Rogue
Instead of making the gear cheaper it might be a better idea to slowly increase the CP cap and CP gained through each match/BG each week. If the gear got cheaper then there would be this awkward situation where people would want to hold off buying the next piece of gear until the following week when it was cheaper. If you increase the CP gained though you get the same benefit but don't effectively incentivise hoarding, which wouldn't be very enjoyable for anyone.
85 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think the gear should be made cheaper, but I do think something should be done with the conquest cap as the season progresses.

We should be able to play catch up on alts as the season progresses. The conquest cap should be the (default rating-less cap) x (number of weeks into the season).
90 Human Warrior
Why don't arenas just go back to how they were when gear was simply a rating requirement so baddies couldn't attain gear they didn't earn or deserve.
90 Troll Shaman
What about something like this

Just a thought

This idea would be good except for the account bound part. Just no. If I get full geared raiding on my shaman I can't just log on my priest and purchase full raiding gear. Gearing should be an effort put in per character.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]