make gear cheaper as season progresses?

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Paladin
This idea would be good except for the account bound part. Just no. If I get full geared raiding on my shaman I can't just log on my priest and purchase full raiding gear. Gearing should be an effort put in per character.

I agree, this idea should not be introduced into PVE.
90 Undead Warlock
01/13/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Covahredro
Who said anything about putting in less hours douche, just because someone actually works for living and can't commit to playing every day like some sad obsessed freak, doesn't mean their lazy. As it is now miss one week and you can never make up for those missed hours ever, that ain't fair to those of us who wish to put in the same hours of play.

I work 40+ hours a week, and have no problem capping CP each week. It is soooo easy now it's not even funny. It's frustrating, I give you that, but it's not hard.
90 Human Paladin
01/13/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Khòrd
Why don't arenas just go back to how they were when gear was simply a rating requirement so baddies couldn't attain gear they didn't earn or deserve.

There is three arguments that people say one shall get gear were they have both advantages/dis advantages:

Skill
Weekly Cap
Earning (Hard Work)
90 Human Paladin
I world also like to add in the casuals love the Weekly Cap, and the Hardcore loves the Earning (Hard Work), or the Skill, or both.

Competitive Gear (Elite Arena) > Casual Gear (Arena) > Hardcore Gear (Honor)

This system is very flawed.
91 Tauren Druid
Soon™.

hahaha
Edited by Pawnzerkin on 1/13/2013 6:47 PM PST
90 Undead Warlock
01/13/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Covahredro
Some of us would like to have a break once in awhile from world of warcrack. It might all your life consist of, but I sure as hell don't want it to be.

Then that's your perogative (sp?). Why should you play at your leisure and acquire gear as fast as someone who caps each week? It honestly takes 3-5 hours a week (doing rbgs at least), prob less if you just find a partner for 2s and hit the 1800 cap each week. This is a gear progression game, and they already raised the CP cap (significantly for a 1600+ rbg rating) to make it even more easier.
90 Human Death Knight
I personally think season caps would be a 100 times better idea...otherwise the gear is going to get cheaper for everyone...including the people that out gear you....so you will still be too far behind.

I think making a season cap makes much much more sense because everyone has the opportunity to catch up at any given time..

The nice thing about season caps is they will only be getting a 1800 cap each week....while if you played arena at anything over 2k you were getting a 2700 cap...so you will still be slightly ahead...but it will make it so they are not LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead.
80 Gnome Death Knight
It would be better if there were "Rollover Points"

Each week into the season the cap gets higher and higher.
Those who have played will obviously not see the cap increase, but those that roll new toons or gear alts late in the season can spend their entire weekend catching up if they want to.

This would not only get MORE diversity in arena, but it would also allow players to be more competitive and roll a class that fits them better if they should choose to.

They should also remove being able to purchase gear/weapons with RBG rating.
RBGs should award you with 1000 Conquest points per win, but you can not purchase any gear.

A good way to catch up if you want to waste time finding an RBG group, but not a way for people to pay/get carried just so they can roll face in Arena. It's getting ridiculous.
90 Undead Warlock
I'm sorry but they should not reward FOTM rerollers...
90 Human Paladin
The suggestion of increasing weekly cap each week is a bad idea because then everyone in this game would be almost fully epiced.
80 Gnome Death Knight
01/13/2013 09:52 PMPosted by Jugaa
I'm sorry but they should not reward FOTM rerollers...

Perhaps, but some of us would like to try other classes in Arena; we shouldn't be punished because our "main" is not a popular spec, or isn't viable.

It takes WAY to long to try and gear an alt if rolled in the middle of the season.

People are going to roll FOTM NO MATTER WHAT. Look at the ratio already.

Who cares about them.

Plus, if someone has a bunch of toons already, they can just switch to the most OP one at the beginning and get it primed.

Increasing Cap per week will do nothing but push more people to actually play. Which is what it's all about in the end.

01/13/2013 10:25 PMPosted by Dominatrixed
The suggestion of increasing weekly cap each week is a bad idea because then everyone in this game would be almost fully epiced.

Actually, no it wouldn't.

It would make alternate toons "epic" in the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME as gearing up your toon that you started the season with.

By the end of the season, everyone will be epic anyway. It's not like they are going to get epic faster at the start of the season.

It simply means that people will be able to join mid season and still have a FIGHTING chance.
Not to get rolled by everyone who sneezes at them.

Considering you have Zero RBG, Zero Arena and Zero PVP Achievements, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Perhaps, try getting past 1800 in Arena before opening your mouth on PVP matters?
Edited by Whatevas on 1/13/2013 11:23 PM PST
90 Undead Warlock
01/13/2013 11:17 PMPosted by Whatevas
It takes WAY to long to try and gear an alt if rolled in the middle of the season.

It really does not. You roll randoms get carried by your teammates. In the process of honor gearing up you are capping up to 1800 points CP each week. It's no longer than at the beginning of the season... you're not rewarded less points.
90 Undead Warlock
01/13/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Covahredro
if you miss one week currently you can never make up for it. All I'm asking for is if ppl can't(or don't want to) play one week, that they be allowed to make up for it next week.

I've missed a few weeks tbh due to RL stuff. It's really not as bad as it's made out to be except a handful of people

Posted by Covahredro
*quote: All I'm asking for is if ppl can't(or don't want to) play one week, that they be allowed to make up for it next week. *quote

See my problem is this. You shouldn't be able to pick and choose if you "want" to play. If you want the gear, then you should make the effort to come on at least 1 day a week. I'm sorry if you can't log on for an entire week, no one has that busy of a life..
Edited by Jugaa on 1/14/2013 12:03 AM PST
87 Goblin Rogue
Yeah ... make stuff even more easier to obtain ... has worked for everything else in the game ! . Just keep listening to those casual players !
90 Worgen Warlock
As a person that:
.Hates the hell out of PVP
.A big transmog fan
.Loves the new warlock pvp set
Can you please allow us to trade valor for conquest or allow us to buy pvp gear with valor like the old days?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I inquired on this issue as well...trade valor for conquest so the current system of earning a paltry 100 conquest for first win and 50 for every win thereafter would not be the only option to earn conquest. If that continued to be the case, there is no way I feel motivated to continue to try getting enough to earn the purple pvp weapon. As I see now, we max out at a blue 463 weapon with option to "upgrade" for a jp cost.

Their suggestion? Log in-game, click the question mark at bottom and select "submit a suggestion". That's it. If we all do that, power in numbers, maybe this might expedite our situation.

I loved pvp prior to this current system. I know they all say change is inevitable...but don't they also so, if it ain't broke, don't fix it?
Edited by Vedder on 1/14/2013 6:11 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]