make gear cheaper as season progresses?

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
01/14/2013 02:32 AMPosted by Covahredro
If you think that than your stupider than I thought

Ok I'm sorry, maybe you do, but most people don't and to cater to those who can't even log on once a week is ridiculous.
All for this, as being a WW Monk alt behind on PVP gear, it has been an absolutely miserable process of trying to do anything in arena. At least in the past PVE gear could help you a little bit (although you felt squishy). Now, expect to get blown up instantly and have no damage output whatsoever.
01/10/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Opticdino
Why not add in a reduction in conquest points required to purchase gear as the season progresses? Like a 25 point deduction per week. That way casuals/people re rolling aren't left in the dust mid way through the season.

How about, no.
90 Night Elf Warrior
This game has been broking since they came out with lk and dks......pvp wise that is
90 Night Elf Druid
two men doing the same job
one works for five days straight for 5hours day.
The second works for two days straight for 12 and half hours a day.

But according to you the first guy should be payed more, even tho the second guy put in the same amount of work and hours.

Apples, meet Oranges.

For your comparison to work....
The owner of a company says "you must work 25 hours a week to get paid, do it all at once, or some every day, but 25 hours a week is manditory"
guy 1 works 5 days straight for 5 hours a day.
guy 2 works 2 days 12 and a half hours a day.
guy 3 says "f u, i have a life and dont feel like coming in until february, send me my paychecks"

Do they all get the same pay?
90 Night Elf Druid
01/14/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Covahredro
Apples, meet Oranges.

There both fruit and grow on trees

/highfive
...?
90 Undead Priest

Rating should provide trophies not better equipment.

This.

Skillful PvPers don't need better gear to stomp their competition. PvP should really be about player skill. After all, it's "Player vs Player" not "iLvl vs iLvl".

Give those who truly earn representation as great Pvpers some other way to /flex..
90 Undead Mage
You don't need to make it so your alts have the same gear as your main.. Just make the gear cost less and cut the conquest points required for weapons down a bit
90 Undead Warlock
two men doing the same job
one works for five days straight for 5hours day.
The second works for two days straight for 12 and half hours a day.

But according to you the first guy should be payed more, even tho the second guy put in the same amount of work and hours.

Ummmm what? As long as you cap each week, no matter if it's in one day or 5, you're both capping. If you miss a week, that's your fault. You have 7 days to make a measly cap, if that's too hard, this game is not for you.
90 Undead Warlock
01/14/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Frreeze
NO! DON'T DO IT! Gear would be too easy to get. However, you could make an alt deduction. Let's say you had four 90's. Get the first to full malevolent, redeem some BOA token, mail it to the character, and then they get all gear 25 percent off of malevolent pieces for the rest of that season. This would make you NEED to do arena's to get gear at any times, just less on alt's. Seems fair.

Now that is a good idea. But, just lowering the cap for everyone as the season progresses is absurd...
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/11/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Soon™

I was waiting on that to happen.
29 Undead Warlock
01/10/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Why not add in a reduction in conquest points required to purchase gear as the season progresses? Like a 25 point deduction per week. That way casuals/people re rolling aren't left in the dust mid way through the season.

Stay strong! This is a subject that we've been giving a lot of thought to lately. We'll have more to report in the near future.

Funny how you don't wait till "the near future" to charge my credit card with your sub fee.

Should your subscribers tell you to "stay strong" and expect payment soon?

We've purchased a product, if our fav part of it isn't upto snuff then we want to know what you're doing to handle it and we want to know now. The "near future" isn't good enough, and neither is any of what you've been posting in the pvp forums. Give us answers and tell us what you're doing to fix it.

We might not like your "solution" and want to unsub in advance.

I hope I see another post from you in this thread but I sincerely doubt it will happen.
90 Undead Warlock
01/15/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Covahredro
As usual your stupidity made you miss the point, so its not worth explaining again. Also you think its about me not being able too, well its not. I have friends who work all of one week straight or whole months straight. They don't have access to internet for gaming at the sites (and why would they're there to work unlike some ppl) So they physically can not do the weekly cap. All I ask is that they be allowed to EARN thats right EARN the points they missed, not get free gear. Whats earned today or earned tomorrow IS STILL EARNED.

No, you're an idiot if you think this game caters to those who can't play for a whole month. It's just not the way it works. I'm sorry if your friends go one week even one month without being able to play. I agree making it easier for alts, as you already geared up normally on one character. But, to make it easier for a new player, or someone who can only play once a month is absolutely ridiculous!

01/15/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Covahredro
But of course if we had it your way, then blizzard may as well delete all the old content for new players. Because they weren't there to play it during those months, and there for must be lazy to have not played earlier. So shouldn't be allow to experience it.

I never said people were lazy because they couldn't log on. I understand some people may have busy lives. But, that's only a handful of people. For 95% of people it's not hard to hit the cap each week. As I said, for alts it's different because those people spent time on their mains gearing up already.
Edited by Jugaa on 1/15/2013 10:33 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
Guys. Guys. Do we realize that the ONLY t2 (Elite Gear) that is upgraded from 1 is the weapon?

EDIT: Typing is hard.

Do you realize there is no other game where players are forced to use inferior equipment against direct opponents because of rating?

The two core problems with the current PvP gearing system are a rating based weekly cap and rating based access to a higher ilvl weapon. If whatever changes they have coming don't address those two issues, then the changes are moot.
90 Undead Mage
why not punish teams who trade win, and also, if you make it too easy, it defeats the purpose of playing a mmo. could go back and give free pvp gear to everyone... but i quit back then because whats the point...in...a...mmo..
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]