make gear cheaper as season progresses?

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
Well the purpose of this mmo is pve which I don't find fun but pvp is all about fun for me ad such great gear disparity where gear means everything at the moment is not fun.
I'm not sure why everyone is so scared about having equal gear seems a bit strange to me in anything competitive you don't really expect an advantage as big as gear is in pvp.
You should still have to grind wins for gear I just don't think a season requirement on weapons was a great idea when the weapon is so damn important.
90 Orc Shaman
When guys like Reckful and Nadagast in entry level pvp gear are getting destroyed on their alts, its disheartening, the gear should help, but it shouldnt decide who wins by such a large amount. The difference between entry level and top tier pvp gear is too wide of a scale.
80 Gnome Death Knight
If you miss a week, that's your fault. You have 7 days to make a measly cap, if that's too hard, this game is not for you.

The fact that you are full Mal and only at 1500 shows your "skill" in PVP.
Perhaps since you are bad, this game isn't for you?

Who are you to say that a game [we pay for] is or isn't for us?
90 Undead Warlock

Never said I was skilled. The fact I'm not skilled and can still cap shows this game is not hard :) This is a gear progression game, not a "gear when I feel like logging on game".
Edited by Jugaa on 1/17/2013 12:45 AM PST

Never said I was skilled. The fact I'm not skilled and can still cap shows this game is not hard :) This is a gear progression game, not a "gear when I feel like logging on game".

"The fact I'm not skilled and can still cap shows this game is not hard"

No one said this game is hard.
Mere fact that (and to be nice here...) "people with too much time to dedicate to videogames" get to faceroll over anyone who either bought the game late, has other things to do, or likes to play alts doesnt make much sense.

You're "not skilled". Well, with that extra bit of time on your hands and blizzards gear upgrade system creating a huge gear gap, I wouldnt be surprised if some rank one player rerolled a pally or something, and you continued to !@#$ on him just because he'll NEVER catch up, regardless of how good he is.

Game isnt hard.
Its that no matter how good you are, you'll never catch up, ever. Thats cool if you like to drool over your locks item level. But if someone is truly skilled and wants to play multiple classes, if he's willing to put in the hard work to gear them: he shouldnt be punished for doing so.
90 Human Paladin
I think it would also be nice to close the gap between Honor and Conquest gear stats.

Going from my Dreadful chest to my Malevolent chest I got ~200+ in almost every stat.
90 Undead Warlock
Game isnt hard.
Its that no matter how good you are, you'll never catch up, ever. Thats cool if you like to drool over your locks item level. But if someone is truly skilled and wants to play multiple classes, if he's willing to put in the hard work to gear them: he shouldnt be punished for doing so.

I already posted before that I disagree with making it harder to gear alts. Once you have geared your "main", you should have some recognition like a token (someone elses suggestion) which makes gear cheaper. But, if it's your first character, or you came in late to the game, that's a whole different story. 3-5 hours a week on a videogame really isn't much, not even an hour a day...
100 Night Elf Hunter
"Season 13 Gear now available on the Blizzard Store!"

-Starter set $15!
-Season Set + Weapons $25!
-Elite Set and Season Titles $35!

Sad, but I would pay that. Rather pvp be about the little bit of skill you can bring to an imbalanced game, than that and bashing your head against the wall trying to gear and having 0 fun.
90 Tauren Warrior
"Season 13 Gear now available on the Blizzard Store!"

-Starter set $15!
-Season Set + Weapons $25!
-Elite Set and Season Titles $35!

Sad, but I would pay that. Rather pvp be about the little bit of skill you can bring to an imbalanced game, than that and bashing your head against the wall trying to gear and having 0 fun.
I can't tell if you are being serious or trolling my face off about the s13 gear being in the Blizzard store..
8 Pandaren Hunter
hi guys anyone had that problem BLZAPPBTS00008 when I click on world of warcraft it says failed to extract required files from an archive
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]