Raising awareness for my fellow Blood Knights

85 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593739411

In the above thread in General, I outline the fallicies in Blizzard's broad spectrum treatment in limiting level 60 PVP sets to vanilla Rank 8 players. Being a Rank 8 myself on another character from vanilla, I have issue with Blood Elf Paladin's iconic Blood Knight armor being transmog limited to paid transfer Alliance Rank 8 Paladins who transferred factions. While people like me who have played Blood Elf since TBC release can't transmog a set of armor that not only was added in the game post-vanilla, but was created specifically for BE paladins.

Basicslly, Blood Knight armor (added post-vanilla) is locked for transmog except to those who had Rank 8 Paladins in Vanilla. Due to the fact that Only Alliance could be paladins in vanilla, the only Horde toons who can currently transmog this set are Alliance Vanilla paladins who later paid faction changed to Horde paladins, i.e tying a set of armor that was added in TBC (specifically FOR Blood Elves!) to a vanilla requirement (when Blood Elves and Horde Paladins did not exist).

Alliance Draenei Shamans do not run into this problem, because their level 60 PVP set exists visually in transmoggable PVE equivilents, whereas the Blood Knight armor is a unique set that exists nowhere else in the game.

Fellow Blood Knights, speak your thoughts in the thread above! Thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Grab your self a suit of Liadrin class Paladin armor.

It represents your order post-Kael'thas
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
There are pieces available that are identical to the bloodknight armor if you want the look but weren't vanilla ranked. It might take some patience and gold collecting them all, but unlike the other level 60 pvp sets you can obtain this look through other means.
Edited by Halfcalf on 1/13/2013 7:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think it kind of shows favoritism, I myself didn't start playing this game till TBC and of course my choice was a blood elf paladin, I love the lore, the armor they wear to represent their order. Honestly I could care less about a pvp rank that was out before blood elves. But the fact that players that especially choose a blood elf from the second they started playing expresses favoritism to the Alliance, which doesn't surprise me. There's my two cents.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Im not sure how this is favoritism to alliance, draenei shamans are in the same boat.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/13/2013 07:25 AMPosted by Halfcalf
There are pieces available that are identical to the bloodknight armor if you want the look but weren't vanilla ranked. It might take some patience and gold collecting them all, but unlike the other level 60 pvp sets you can obtain this look through other means.

01/13/2013 07:25 AMPosted by Halfcalf

I do not believe you are correct here. There are "similar" plate items in black/red color, but in terms of "identical" you would do me great favors letting me know where and how. AFAIK, the only sets that look identical to a T are the the original lv 60 Horde Paladin PVP sets (unmoggable) and their respective replicas (moggable by rank 8 paladins from vanilla, i.e. impossible for a Horde Paladin who has always been horde). I believe you can get an identical helm from a hellfire quest, but other than that, the rest of the set has no exact copies.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Faceguard of Determination Inferno Tempered Chestguard Inferno Tempered Leggings Inferno Tempered Gauntlets Inferno Tempered Boots Warmaul Epaulets Cloak of Blade Turning Chain of Unleashed Rage

It's not exact, but the differences are very small.

I'd also like to note now that very few blood knights actually wear the set. Vranesh, the two Silvermoon battlemasters, and basically the "random blood knights" that tend to be quest mobs for Alliance. Most of the named ones wear other things.
Edited by Cayse on 1/13/2013 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
that's not even close
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/13/2013 03:19 PMPosted by Jedieyecandi
that's not even close

So much this.

We all know about Inferno Tempered and Dark Iron and blah blah. Skirting the issue, which is that a set implemented in TBC specifically for us Horde Blood Elven Paladins isn't moggable because it's tied to a Feat of Strength that is impossible for any original Blood Elf Paladin to have ever obtained, seeing as Blood Elf paladins, nor this set in question, even existed in vanilla era PVP.

This set should be moved to the dungeon vendor and made available for transmog to Horde. That is my issue. I'm not looking for X's list of Black/Red smattered plate that might pass off as similar. I'm well aware of the existence of other models.

These two sets, however, are the original iconic Blood Knight sets (ones that were made for the Blood Knight Tabards), and should be made available to those of us who would like to continue using the look of a set we've owned for -years-.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You can pretend it's "not even close" but they use the same model and the actual set was simply pushed one shade closer to black, put on a new helm model and an existing but otherwise unavailable colored shoulder because they were just short-cutting the set so that it existed. You can look on wowhead and clearly see it so it's ignorant to pretend otherwise.

Again, most of the blood knight npcs in the game don't even wear it. Their looks were created before the set was available, and while they look similar, many of the items they actually wear aren't available in the game at all. A number of npc blood knights actually wear the dark iron shoulders, or full set.
Edited by Cayse on 1/13/2013 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I understand the issue of it being impossible to get without being a faction change alliance who also happened to clear the appropriate rank, but if they decide to make this one set available then what would be the second stipulation since the old PVP rank system was scrapped before BC? They would be opening a huge can of QQ worms if they made one set available that didn't share the same requirements as the others, especially since getting those required pvp ranks was not easy.

The aforementioned set isn't a 100% match, but it is still pretty close. I understand wanting to be authentic, but at least the option is there to get something similar, whereas all the other classic pvp sets are not so easily mimicked.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
you can call me ignorant and any other name you can think of under the rainbow it really doesn't matter what you think of my opinion because it is MY opinion which is the only thing I was trying to get across so we disagree, good keep it moving. Insulting someone isn't staying on topic. Besides you basically repeated what you said in your last post so what was the point of posting exactly?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just be happy they created a set for blood knights at all. Dks never got a 60 set created for them, nor did monks, and they are the only ones who really have a valid claim at what you are saying.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/13/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Lobster
Y'all should make your own Blood Knight set like I did. My paladin doesn't wear it because I haven't collected all the pieces but he looks damn amazing, and it's much more fitting for his character's personality and history. Much more of a statement than those old poorly-textured lvl60 pieces.

The lore nerd in me cries when I see a non human or Dwarf paladin wearing that tabard.

And then the lore nerd in me eats a gallon of Cookie Dough ice cream and watches lord of the rings.

And more importantly: Make the Blood Tempered Ranseur's model and colour scheme available again.
Edited by Nathanyel on 1/14/2013 4:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Grab your self a suit of Liadrin class Paladin armor.

It represents your order post-Kael'thas

False. Look at the Reliquary NPCs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]