HCT 4: Theorycrafting Pokemon

Anyway, back on topic: Iz gonna be real sad if we can't down Elegon tonight. Yes, I am that far behind the rest of you.
90 Draenei Hunter
You stole from Crucifixus!! :P

Talking about Heroic Will
@Crucifixus:
It really depends on your raid lineup, but one not hectic way to handle the adds is to kill every pair. One offtank (we had a rogue do it) handle the Strength while we took care of the Rages.

The only time we would CC Rages is when a Courage was about to spawn (when the timer said about 30-40 seconds prior to it spawning). We would CC a set of Rages, and have 2 people CC the second set while the rest of us dealt with the Courage. Then we would run back to a single spot so they would gather up on us. Then we would all move in the same direction so the sparks would follow, while the soaker took care of them.

Here is the video of our first kill from the PoV of a Boomkin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LQ-FEV9WYe8

The purple mark is where all ranged/healer stand throughout the fight.
The yellow/red mark is where we would move to after the CCd set of Rages die so people don't get hit by the sparks.
Green and blue are where the Courage can spawn. We would call out the colors instead of left/right.

It was from her stream so there is no music.
You get to hear how spastic I get during raids ...

01/14/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Sneakys
Anyway, back on topic: Iz gonna be real sad if we can't down Elegon tonight. Yes, I am that far behind the rest of you.

Don't feel bad if you can't. It takes some coordination and get tricky.
You only really need 4 waves of orbs each phase (8 total). No need to stress out for more than that. If you have a DK, he can run through and spread diseases right as they spawn. A lock is nice for this too.
Phase 3 is all super mega healing. Rotate your raid CDs and have a healthstone ready.
90 Troll Hunter
@ Mezasu

I was not aware that the 26 pages capped thingy applies here too (nostalgia for the good o' days HCT which goes literally infinite till a Mod closes it). Glad that Sneakys picks this up as I was refreshing for replies to the old thread LOL.

I guess I'm somewhat overwhelmed by the encounter, really messy on 25 man when everyone who is focused was running everywhere (I was telling another Hunter who is soaking with me that it kind of resembles Mission Impossible or http://blastfunandgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/laser-maze-30a-destin.jpg) and nobody was really calling out stuffs; in short, we were not really prepared. Gotta pick this up in the coming week I guess. All in all, still glad to down 4 new heroic bosses with the new guild after coming in as Trial 3 weeks ago.

Thank you for all the advices!
01/14/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Mezasu
You stole from Crucifixus!! :P

Sorry Crucifixus :(

Don't feel bad if you can't. It takes some coordination and get tricky.
You only really need 4 waves of orbs each phase (8 total). No need to stress out for more than that. If you have a DK, he can run through and spread diseases right as they spawn. A lock is nice for this too.
Phase 3 is all super mega healing. Rotate your raid CDs and have a healthstone ready.

This is the first time I've done the fight with sound on. Elegon sounds like a stroke victim.
90 Draenei Hunter
01/14/2013 08:08 PMPosted by Sneakys
Elegon sounds like a stroke victim.

Craaaaaaap now I'm going to bust out laughing every time he says something. Especially when he transitions to the orb phase.

01/14/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Crucifixus
(nostalgia for the good o' days HCT which goes literally infinite till a Mod closes it)

Those were good days :)
Downed Elegon the Stroke Victim.

No trinket, no mount, Spriest barely edged me out as top DPS. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh
90 Dwarf Hunter
Working on Tsulong
90 Draenei Hunter
01/14/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Sneakys

Grats!!
90 Pandaren Hunter
01/14/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Mezasu
Elegon sounds like a stroke victim.

Craaaaaaap now I'm going to bust out laughing every time he says something. Especially when he transitions to the orb phase.

Cannot unhear :s
90 Troll Hunter

Do give the Heroic version a try asap... I find it way easier and straightforward than the Normal Encounter (except the Soaking part which is easily handled anyway).
90 Dwarf Hunter
Down. Come Saturday, Imma throttle Lei Shi
90 Dwarf Hunter
Apparently my guild loves my Silithid, "Bootsie".
90 Orc Hunter
hey
90 Orc Hunter
Oh hello new thread.
90 Troll Hunter

Grats!

Except for that whole no trinket thing
90 Dwarf Hunter
Also gratz sneakys.

Shame you didn't get the trinket. D:

Take it you've gotten a handle on the orbs, though
Also gratz sneakys.

Shame you didn't get the trinket. D:

Take it you've gotten a handle on the orbs, though

Why thankee ;)
90 Troll Hunter
Kind of off topic:

Anyone has any suggestion for a helm transmog I could use; don't like the look of this hat. Would mostly like to go for a black gunner look (mainly to coincide with this beast gun that I have just gotten).
Edited by Crucifixus on 1/15/2013 12:28 AM PST
90 Draenei Hunter
01/15/2013 12:27 AMPosted by Crucifixus
Anyone has any suggestion for a helm transmog I could use

Eye patch!
88 Blood Elf Hunter
3rd week in a damn row sarth hasnt dropped vanq gloves for my rogue. this is pissing me off :|
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]