Pet Battle Tournament!

90 Dwarf Hunter
Do you think you are the best pet battler in all of Azeroth? Well, Wayward Enforcers is giving you a chance to prove it! In a few short weeks we will be holding the first ever Aerie Peak pet battle tournament. This will be a double elimination tournament with the top 3 finishers in each bracket claiming the winnings.

Date: January 27th
Time: 5pm server
Place: South of Goldshire
Format: Double Elimination, each match will be a best of 3 battles
Brackets: pet levels 16-20 and 21-25
Pet Limitations: Fluxfire feline is not allowed in this tournament due to balancing issues. You can use any other pet you want as long it is within the bracket you are battling in. You can heal pets between battles. You can switch pets between battles if you choose, but all pets chosen must be within that same level range. If a pet levels after a battle and is no longer in the level bracket, that pet will have to be replaced. If a pet outside the level range is used in a battle, that match is forfeited.
Buy-in: 75 Gold buy-in with an initial 750G put into each pot by Wayward Enforcers
Player Limits: 16-20 bracket - 16 players
21-25 bracket - 16 players
you can compete in each bracket with separate teams, the 75G buy-in would apply to each team
Pay out: Winner 50% of total pot, 2nd place 30%, 3rd place 20%, that's right, all the Gold brought in goes directly to the players!
Assuming we get a full 16 players in each bracket, that means a payout to the winner of 975G!!
Registration: Send an in game mail to me (Thagar) with which bracket you would like to compete in along with the entry fee and your spot will be reserved. If you don't show at the time of the tournament, your entry fee will be forfeited to the prize pool. Any entries after the 16 spots are filled will be returned to you. If spots fill up fast, I may open it up to more entrants, but time constraints will limit the total entrants.

If you think you are the best, come prove it at the first Aerie Peak Pet Battle Tournament brought to you by Wayward Enforcers!! If you have any questions, please contact Thagar, Zenstorm, or any of the Wayward Enforcers leadership team and we'll get an answer to you as quickly as possible
Edited by Thagar on 1/8/2013 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
There should be 1 pet not allowed in this beacuse it's pretty unfair and OP.

Fluxfire Feline. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68838

It can 1 shot any battle pet right now and is being fixed in 5.2

I crit on of the pandaren spirits pets for 3k with it earlier >.>
Edited by Ranikotar on 1/7/2013 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
There should be 1 pet not allowed in this beacuse it's pretty unfair and OP.

Fluxfire Feline. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68838

It can 1 shot any battle pet right now and is being fixed in 5.2

I crit on of the pandaren spirits pets for 3k with it earlier >.>

this
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
after consideration and review of the issues with Fluxfire Feline, I have decided to take that component out of play and this particular pet is no longer usable in this tournament. Any other pet is fair game.
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Warrior
They need a pet called Bullcrap

I would definately participate then.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Keep this at the top, want more participation!! Cmon Aerie Peak, this is a fun event that can get you some good Gold!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If I can get my pets to lvl 16 before the 27th, I'd be interested. This actually sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you get enough people interested in it to get it going.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
This is an awesome idea, I'd love to spectate to see how it plays out :).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
BUMP!! This is still happening if we get enough participants!!

C'mon Aerie Peak, show us your stuff!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'm In.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Great idea, I've posted it on our guild FB and website.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/07/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Thagar
Assuming we get a full 16 players in each bracket, that means a payout to the winner of 975G!!

Seems very low to me... I'm a high roller.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
A possible 1300% return on investment seems very low? Considering Wayward Enforcers is bank rolling the majority of the prize pool for a pet battle tourney, I think think it's generous enough to get some interest on the realm.

Also, this isn't necessarily about the G, it's more about giving the community something to do other than raid and make snide comments in trade chat. The G is a nice little bonus to the whole process.

and BUMP!! Need more participants!
Edited by Zenstorm on 1/23/2013 6:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
What a fun idea. Good luck this evening!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Congratulations to Argentz of My Other Mount is a Tauren, the winner of the first ever Aerie Peak pet battle tournament!!

1st place: Argentz
2nd place: Chatroulette
3rd place: Tutonious

Thanks for playing everyone, keep an eye out for the next tournament!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]