Heroic HoF 2nd boss

90 Human Priest
My guild dabbled in heroic hoF this past week and I must say it is challenging, yet very enjoyable.

Well on blade lord or w.e his name is, everything in the fight is easy to handle except one thing, the debuff that ticks for 150,000 every other second. Literally the only thing on this fight that is a challenge.

I heal with two other resto shamans and I heal as disc. The people with the debuff would die often and I am clueless as to what to do. I am tempted to go holy and see how I do with keeping people alive, but they just keep going down.

Anyone who has downed it feel free to share your strat because I am at a loss for how to keep them from dieing. One hunch I have is that the other healers are not exactly pulling their weight and going oom, but would be much easier to compare and see what other healers are doing.

Thanks!
Edited by Masseý on 1/7/2013 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Don't go holy.

hmm one thing you can try since you have two shaman and you as that person is have you completely take care of every unseen strike and not worry about the debuff person (leaving that to the shaman).

I am assuming you mean people are dieing with the debuff only during blade tempest or unseen strike as it doesn't make sense for any other part of the fight.

Spirit shell every single unseen. its a 1 minute cd. spirit shell is 1 minute. cast it a bit early so that you can get it full. make sure this is your focus. Shamans keep up the tanks and the target with the debuff. Obviously your spirit shell won't be full on the current tank and that target.

You will have 5 of those unseen strikes if your dps is good enough.

for unseen 1 use SLT
unseen 2 - use other SLT
Unseen 3 - your disc bubble
unseen 4 - SLT
unseen 5 - SLT

SLT single handedly takes care of targets during the unseen strike even if they have the debuff so its very powerful and they should not be dieing there. Your bubble + any other personal power word shield or personal cooldowns will take care of that target in unseen 3.

As for blade tempest, ask your shaman to rotate their SWGs

As in for tempest 1 - shaman 1 swg
tempest 2 - shaman 2 swg
tempest 3 - shaman 1 swg (they are also 1 min apart so swg is up every other time for these)
tempest 4 - shaman 2

apart from that, your shamans are free to healing tide, but if you get a full spirit shell off, they probably won't need to really use it (they might as well since there is no other point to saving it if you won't use it within 3 minutes). Just make sure they BOTH have it up for phase 2 (no healing tides past unseen 3 or they won't be up at the start of phase 2).

But with 4 slt's for 4/5 of the unseens, I think you should have no issues after you work with the shamans a bit. That target should never die. And since they can cast on the move during blade tempest for every one, no one should die there either. It really is on your shaman for those targets as that is where they will excel at for this fight

Also, before entering phase 2 make sure you have a full spirit shell before he casts cyclones. you can time your dps to make it this way. it makes phase 2 (the start of it) a ton easier.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
IDK if there's a strategy other than spam heals and make absolutely sure that only one person gets debuffed at a time (i.e. spread out). We go with disc, shaman and druid. As the druid I will symbiosis the shaman to get Spirit Walker's grace so I can spam Regrowth during Tempest, although that is usually not necessary. I would think your shaman could alternate using Spirit Walker's grace so they can heal the debuffed person during Tempest. During non-Tempest periods there shouldn't be a problem, especially with two shaman, unless as you indicate, your partners are slacking off.

Edit: During unseen strike we have the debuffed person stay out and everyone else gathers at the target.
Edited by Merise on 1/7/2013 9:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Do you have a Paladin in your raid at all?

HoP removes the debuff. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you're dying in P1, you can take a note of what we did (we also ran 1 disc, 2 rsham on one of our earliest, if not the progression kill).

Shaman 1 on tanks
Shaman 2 on Wind Step debuff.
Priest on Atonement + spirit shell for unseen strikes. (After the first one, you can usually start stacking your shell shortly after the Blade Tempest)

You don't really NEED to rotate swg's on blade tempests. 2x healing stream + pws + mobile penance (you definitely should glyph it for this fight) are typically enough. however if you want that added measure of security, you can assign it.

If you still have issues with people dying to wind step debuff during unseen, it's likely the clothies (most notably yourself, because you don't have disperse/block/dark bargain) and leather wearers. If you're spirit shelling each unseen, you can get away with having the person who has debuff to stay out, unless, of course, they are also the target of the unseen strike (try to have pain supp or a HoP for this case).

After he gets to about 25%, he won't use unseen strike again. It may be beneficial to have the raid wait for you to spirit shell before pushing into the next phase. During the movement phase, you can drop one HTT on the way there and burn a SWG + ascendance, and do the same on the return trip. Cascade and Body&Soul are very useful talents for this phase. 2x Healing rain is amazing once people are on the platforms, and you can stack spirit shell again (or at least use it to top people off, since the damage may overtake the absorbs) before people make their way to the other side.

Good luck, and hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I pray you are not trolling. Are you for real?

for unseen 1 use SLT
unseen 2 - use other SLT
unseen 4 - SLT
unseen 5 - SLT

I have discussed with my shamans healers and the SWG for Tempest and SLT for unseen would prove to be better then what we were doing.

Also for my barrier, I assume it wouldnt hurt using Pain sup (if needed) on one target and some flash heals for the other should do the trick.

Edit: During unseen strike we have the debuffed person stay out and everyone else gathers at the target.

Well, I can see this normally happening, but with spirit shell as noted by Gardiff, it greatly reduces the probability that some will die.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shaman 1 on tanks
Shaman 2 on Wind Step debuff.
Priest on Atonement + spirit shell for unseen strikes. (After the first one, you can usually start stacking your shell shortly after the Blade Tempest)

This is what we were doing, but I think either my atonement wasnt enough (I do bust my !@#) or the other two healers were not doing their part.

I know one healer is ehhh but he hasn't done anything to solidify my assumptions that he is the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/07/2013 10:21 PMPosted by Masseý
I know one healer is ehhh but he hasn't done anything to solidify my assumptions that he is the problem.

Its 2 healable so that shouldn't really matter.

As for the debuff, it appears you have a pally in your raid. As Tiriel said, HoP removes it. Ice Block, etc.

Our pally puts Hand of Purity up on the target for every Unseen Strike. Between that, PS, HoP, and my SWG we're usually fine.

Personals are always good - everyone pretty much has something they can push.

Our Disc Priest Spirit Shell's all the Unseen Strikes, and I usually focus on the debuff.
Edited by Pebble on 1/7/2013 10:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/07/2013 10:18 PMPosted by Masseý

It does remove the debuff, and I don't know why you'd think she's trolling. We have our ret spec into clemency so it can be used twice.

Edit: The debuff we're talking about is the wind step, not the stacking debuff on the tank.
Edited by Icecreamsoup on 1/7/2013 11:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Absolutely not trolling. :) We have our Holy Paladin and our Prot Paladin spec into Clemency to take care of the debuff on healers before unseen strikes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

for unseen 1 use SLT
unseen 2 - use other SLT
unseen 4 - SLT
unseen 5 - SLT

I have discussed with my shamans healers and the SWG for Tempest and SLT for unseen would prove to be better then what we were doing.

Also for my barrier, I assume it wouldnt hurt using Pain sup (if needed) on one target and some flash heals for the other should do the trick.

Well, I can see this normally happening, but with spirit shell as noted by Gardiff, it greatly reduces the probability that some will die.

She is not trolling. A Holy Paladin + a Prot Paladin with the right spec means no Wind Step during 4 Blade Tempests.

Also in hard mode, we do not use HoP during Unseen Strike. Spirit Shell is more than enough to handle Unseen Strike. Unseen Strike in 10-man HM is 4.5 mill. Split between 9 people thats 500k each. Spirit Shell + DA stacking easily put a 240 - 300k shield on everybody. At worst your health will go down to 50 percent.

So Disc Priest takes care of Unseen Strike, the other healers concentrate on the person with Wind Step. Just have him stay out for Unseen Strike.

For Blade Tempest, if you do not have Paladins, put as many HoTs and Shield as you can on the Wind Step person, and have the person use his personal damage reduction CD. Save your instant heals for this phase. I can usually do 2 WoGs + 2 Holy Shocks while moving. You can do Pain Supression. Shaman can drop SLT for Blade Tempest also. Don't do them all at once though. You will go through at least 4 Blade Tempest. So rotate them. You only need one for each Blade Tempest.
Edited by Rasul on 1/7/2013 11:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HoP Definetly does not remove the debuff, but it does make immune to its damage for 10 seconds (still very powerful).

HoP isn't the same as divine shield. Divine shield, iceblock, etc., remove it.

Utilize it during the tempest or unseen's depending on where you are dieing.

Alternatively, have your paladins (just one) spec into hand of purity. it should be up for every tempest as well as unseen if done right (30 second cd, makes dot damage do 70% less damage for 6 seconds).
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
01/08/2013 04:26 AMPosted by Gardiff
HoP Definetly does not remove the debuff, but it does make immune to its damage for 10 seconds (still very powerful).

HoP removes it.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jpkmryrxhlk6ve94/xe/?s=1435&e=1892&x=%28spell%3D%22Wind+Step%22+or+spell%3D%22Hand+of+Protection%22%29+and+type%3DTYPE_AURA
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
oo indeed you are correct, I am mistaken on this. Learn something new every day.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We finally got this, after 50%, make sure you have a paladin specced into clemency so he can do 2 x HOP and dedicate a healer full time to that debuff person and it's GG. Unless the target has immunity, but it's a lot better if you keep it for healers.

Before tempest I was putting Enveloping Mist on the target.

It took us 5 pulls to kill it once we started to use that strat, after 2-3 weeks of wipes. 2nd kill was a one shot.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

S/He's for real. Paladins HoP works wonders for this fight.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
As everyone said, HoP (talent for 2x is nice for this) works well. Also, mages might spec into double ice block. Other than that, make sure the raiders use damage reduction cds.

We also have 2 druids, and we alternate who does stampeding roar during the.. aoe pull in ability. Make sure no one is too far from him when that ability is coming up. If anyone is too far, they'll get hit by the spin and probably die (he'll finish, or nearly finish his cast before they land).

Also, for phase 2, we have all but a tank and healer hop into the side stream at 11-12%, so they get a shortcut to the other side.

And, as has been pointed out, two people getting wind step at the same time is trouble. It's sometimes a wipe, and sometimes it just helps to oom our healers a lot. If you have a HoP up, that's a good time to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Doesn't hurt to save PWS for the blade tempest on the wind stepped either as I'm assuming that's where ppl are dying most often?

Shamans glyphing UE and UE/Riptide on the Windstepped at all times helps, keeping HST down. Little things, making big differences.

Also mages can spec into the double invis or iceblock thing that let them remove the debuff twice.

Have dps save cds for blade tempest, ex hunter is windstepped, use deterence for blade tempest.

CLEMENCY!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

I forgot about this...Sigh...I've been on ez mode since we got a pally a few weeks ago..

If you have a Holy Pally AND a Disc priest, you're literally laughing at this fight, should be 2healing it if you have either of the two.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/09/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Karuzo
and dedicate a healer full time to that debuff person and it's GG

You shouldn't really have to do this but if it's something you have to do then I can understand why it works.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]