Professions for DK?

90 Pandaren Warrior
hey guys i was wondering what are some good professions for a DK?

i have 600 mining on my main so ore would not be an issue.

blacksmithing? enchanting? scribe?

what do you guys prefer?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Blacksmithing / Engineering.

Engineering for Synapse Spring macroed with Pillar of Frost; it is without a doubt the best profession a frost DK can have.

Blacksmithing for the flexibility of socketing secondary stats, because they'll often times be greater than 0.5 strength.
Edited by Solution on 1/8/2013 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
hey guys i was wondering what are some good professions for a DK?

i have 600 mining on my main so ore would not be an issue.

blacksmithing? enchanting? scribe?

what do you guys prefer?

Which spec are you going to play? this is a consideration for min/maxing.

1. What solution said about frost is correct, Engineering. Those 2 together will give you a slight boost.
keep in mind for JC with frost -
Dual-wield Str is a weight of 1, Mastery a .462 weight - so the 2 extra BS gems will not make a difference, since it will be straight str still.
2H Frost Str 1 - haste is .597 - so a small gain with BS sockets.

2. For Unholy Strength is a stat weight of one, and the next best stat - haste is a 0.44. So Gemming into blackmsithing sockets with the new double secondary stat gems is not worth it. Your best bet here is Straight Str Gems for red slots or socket and glove bracers, still. So for unholy the professions are equally good.
Just decide if you want another ability you have to activate (synapse springs) in a spec that is already chock-full of abilites you need to use and priotize. I feel the rotation/prioritization is busy enough as it is and does not need more.

3. For Blood Tanking it is currently hands-down Blacksmithing for the extra sockets. Sorry, I don't remember those stat weights off the top of my head, and it's late here. But the secondary stat weights are higher then for dps, especially Mastery - which rates very high. So you get more stat weights out of the extra sockets.
Then of course the stamina bonus form Mining is very nice here as well.

That being said I really like what Blizzard did to gems in this expansion - it was very well done and fixed the issue of ignoring socket bonuses and having every slot in red. However other profesisons may be adjusted at some point to match - possibly.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Leveling? Mining and herbalism for the extra experience.

Otherwise, see above.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Just a small note. Stat weights aren't static, they'll shift around pretty often. If you ever need your stat weights simmed out you can track me down in the DK forums, I have entirely too much fun with simcraft.

Alternately, you can send me a message if you see me online.

That was a good breakdown of your options though, and +1 for a fellow Dune fan.
Edited by Solution on 1/9/2013 7:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Just a small note. Stat weights aren't static, they'll shift around pretty often. .

^ Absolutely correct.

And a hello for another Dune fan as well :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Herbalism and tailoring. Just because it's funny to have a death knight who's into picking flowers and sewing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]