Healing is becoming not fun (PvP)

44 Goblin Warrior
The 5.0 class changes were a fantastic overhaul that breathed new life into the game for veteran players to relearn how to play all of our characters (I have an exception to that statement but this is not the place for it).

However, the layering of CC in both Arena and more frustratingly, RBGs, has created a situation where healers spend too much time waiting to use an ability compared to time spent in actual "combat". "Limitations" are a good type of CC, but not actually being able to do anything for 15+ seconds at a stretch is simply not compelling gameplay.

Specifically, fears are too long, and stun-locked from 100% to death is common. Snares, roots, silences/interrupts, magic school lockouts, etc. are fine because at least the healer can still move or use abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
At least as a holy pally you can bubble and not be dead for a few seconds...but you know it's coming.
I blame it on the addons that show who's healing, because no one in a bg would actually care enough to look.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Yes, the CC is out of control. My favorites are the CC combos like poly into an ice ring, scatter into a freeze trap, rooted into a solar beam, Sapped 3x in a row into a kidney or whatever else. Being in a 10+ second cc from one class is bad enough, much less if you have 2 on you.

Even if you are selective about your trinket like you should be, only using it for critical reasons, you can instantly get a long CC after anyway. It would be nice if using a trinket gave a few second immunity to mooooar cc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You dont enjoy spending the majority of your game as a sheep, sapped, cycloned, feared or silenced? Its great. Sometimes I feel like I could cruise on over to the fridge, get a drink, then come back in time to watch myself be ccd once again. Yay!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Patch 5.2:

All Healing Specs get Willpower

Willpower:
Passive
All CC durations are 50% effective

MAKE IT HAPPEN
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, it isn't just healing, its PVP. I don't know many people happy with it in its current state.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/10/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Tasteyface
Sometimes I feel like I could cruise on over to the fridge, get a drink, then come back in time to watch myself be ccd once again.

Sometimes I actually do this.

It's amazing what little difference it makes.
Reply Quote
44 Goblin Warrior
Patch 5.2:

All Healing Specs get Willpower

Willpower:
Passive
All CC durations are 50% effective

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Until I read "MAKE IT HAPPEN" I was hoping that you were informing me on a patch note I hadn't come across. You broke my heart.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yup so fun to get 7 sec feared and 7 sec cycloned and 5 sec stuned best of all i cant even bubble while cycloned lawl
Reply Quote
Dudes, as a former dps arena player, I agree with the CC mechanics of the game. If you don't agree think about how frustrating can it be to use every bursting skill of your spellbook to kill someone and see it being 90% insta-healed!!
Now, I play as a healer and I think CC is annoying, but I understand it. The only thing I wanted to be mega nerfed is Fear! OMG I hate that thing!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Yes, the CC is out of control. My favorites are the CC combos like poly into an ice ring, scatter into a freeze trap, rooted into a solar beam, Sapped 3x in a row into a kidney or whatever else. Being in a 10+ second cc from one class is bad enough, much less if you have 2 on you.

Even if you are selective about your trinket like you should be, only using it for critical reasons, you can instantly get a long CC after anyway. It would be nice if using a trinket gave a few second immunity to mooooar cc.

It's pretty nuts. Example, a Holy Paladin (yes, Holy), HoJ's, blinds then repentance you followed up by another classes stun or blanket silence. It's insane.

Apparently somebody at Blizzard was a HUGE fan of MLD from WotLK because the layered CC that every class can do now is like MLD. It's not a fun way to play the game. Now, a lot of the blanket silences are being removed but that still doesn't change most of what I posted above that JUST a Holy Paladin can do to a person.
Reply Quote
44 Goblin Warrior
[quote]Example, a Holy Paladin (yes, Holy), HoJ's, blinds then repentance you followed up by another classes stun or blanket silence. It's insane.

When I run 2s the stalemates are usually against Paladin healers simply because I can never apply enough extra offensive pressure for the kill because I spend the whole game CC'd or trying not to be.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
01/11/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Aani
I don't know many people happy with it in its current state.

Dks and rogues, same as last expac. Bliizard wants you to play a melee class, obviously.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Dudes, as a former dps arena player, I agree with the CC mechanics of the game. If you don't agree think about how frustrating can it be to use every bursting skill of your spellbook to kill someone and see it being 90% insta-healed!!
Now, I play as a healer and I think CC is annoying, but I understand it. The only thing I wanted to be mega nerfed is Fear! OMG I hate that thing!!!

im pretty sure the mechanics of blood fear is being changed (it should be less of a threat to healers anyways)
Reply Quote
94 Goblin Warlock
01/15/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Javascript
Dks and rogues, same as last expac.

Seems like two of the oddest classes to complain about right now, neither are particularly impressive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I would love to see a 5 second immunity to CC/silence/anything that a pvp trinket can get you out of added to pvp trinkets. That would be a significant addition to the time that you get to play your character in random battlegrounds as a healer.

I would also love healer marking addons to be disabled.

And, I would love to know what kind of gear/spells people are using to get the "90% insta heal" that #10 Isoc is complaining about. Seriously, the only thing I know that could do that is a lay on hands from a paladin. With the kind of cooldown involved with a lay on hands, his precious dps cooldowns will be up sooner.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I think everyone, including Blizzard can agree that over-the-top CC is making PvP unpleasant.

Blizzard implied that are considering changing, but it would be a significant change and they are not willing to do that mid-season (or mid-expansion cant remember which one).

In my opinion they should do that as soon as possible. PvP is a big part of the game, it should not remain mostly unfun.

Overall, it feels like that this expansion Blizzard forgot what fun is all about. Its like they tried to solve problems but forgot to check if the solutions they applied are fun and interesting. Being constantly CCed is not fun, doing dailies (a.k.a. chores) is not fun, making all non-raid content super easy is not fun. I think this is by far the most boring expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can understand why there is so much CC, but it's gotten to the point that the chain stunlocks people used to whine about with rogues are back, and more classes have them. Currently I can hoj. Trinket? Oh, how cute. I can still blind or repent. Then my druid friend can chain cyclone you. Then my priest and warlock friends can fear lock you. That's at least 30 seconds of constant CC, ample time to take down the EFC you are supposed to be healing.
Reply Quote
44 Goblin Warrior
01/11/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Aani
Well, it isn't just healing, its PVP. I don't know many people happy with it in its current state.

This statement takes the focus off of a specific topic and role and, instead, simply says that people aren't happy with PvP. There's nothing constructive about that.

To keep things clear: All that I am trying to establish is that - as a healer - the time I spend doing NOTHING while in PvP combat is becoming frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
At least as a holy pally you can bubble and not be dead for a few seconds...but you know it's coming. I blame it on the addons that show who's healing, because no one in a bg would actually care enough to look.

I agree w/ OP, 5.0 was way more fun healing.

I don't know how these add-ons like "kill the healer" work, if I don't choose a role, does that make me less conspicuous? Is it my armor that makes me stand out? Given the amount of time I spend sapped, sheeped, stunned, etc. I'm willing to do whatever I can to stay alive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]