Ret pally sustain healing

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Doesnt exist anymore... Now no point to be chosen for rbgs or arenas we just can't off heal and dps like we use to. Also crap heals mean crappy survivability
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yea the nerf to pvp power, lack of mana, lack of the heal being meaningful have slain what used to be a defining class in WoW. Holy is good for pvp obvi, but ret just doesnt do what it used to and doesnt fill the role. Tho Selfless Healer is great for healing others but as for healing urself? forget bout it, barely moves ur health bar. IT's a sad time for ret, BUT I WILL PRESS ON
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And the solution: PVP Power increase healing now. So, with PVP Power we have now, increase our healing by 10%.

That makes AMAZING heals from 30k to heal BUFFED 33k. Now that's a reason to take a Ret pala, huh?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizz is also increasing the boost one of our passives (light of the sword i think) gives to fol. Was 30% increased healing. I believe its being upped to 100%.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/18/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Thermadin
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE IM SICK OF MY CLASS BEING SOOOOO BAD NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY WITH ME. I AM SO SKILLED YET NOT A SINGLE PERSON WILL TAKE ME TO THEIR RUNS THIS IS UNREAL AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT. BLIZZARD FIX MY SPEC OR ELSE I WILL STILL PLAY AND CRY ABOUT IT BUT FIX IT OK. RET IS SO BROKEN WHY DO PEOPLE EVEN BOTHER TO PLAY IT. THIS IS A JOKE!!!!!!!! FIX MY CLASS NOAWWWWWWWW

That's helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE IM SICK OF MY CLASS BEING SOOOOO BAD NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY WITH ME. I AM SO SKILLED YET NOT A SINGLE PERSON WILL TAKE ME TO THEIR RUNS THIS IS UNREAL AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT. BLIZZARD FIX MY SPEC OR ELSE I WILL STILL PLAY AND CRY ABOUT IT BUT FIX IT OK. RET IS SO BROKEN WHY DO PEOPLE EVEN BOTHER TO PLAY IT. THIS IS A JOKE!!!!!!!! FIX MY CLASS NOAWWWWWWWW

That's helpful.

The guy is a complete cretin who sits on the forums all day while pet battling. He has not offered one single constructive comment and when challenged he "showcases" his pvp achievement from THREE years ago.

On the actual topic: Blizzard has identified that the healing nerf hit us harder than most and is now taking steps to rectify the situation with the sword of light buff. Secondly we will be receiving a boost from pvp power which will use half for our healing as well. It is a wait and see for the final notes to see what actually makes it through.
Edited by Harthvader on 1/18/2013 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The 30% WoG is already here since MoP launch.

The sword of light buff they're talking about is FoL only, not ALL the Heals (Holy Prism, Execution Sentence and WoG too).

Truth is, now our FoL with SH is fairly OP - we off heal for 150k instant with a Crit. But we can self heal for 30k non crit. Its a HUGE gap here. So they fixed as everyone seen now. OK, needed to be done on MoP Beta, but OK.

This DOES NOT fix our survivability tough. WoG trade our main damage for not enough heal to keep us alive for the next 3 HP generators. FoL buff will help only every 30 secs IF we chose SH or get behind some pillar.

Still, we can't mitigate damage or make any BIG heal even with a big CD like almost every other DPS can (Death Pact, Dark Regeneration, Exhiliration, etc, etc). Our heals are FAIR, takes a LOT of GCDs and we trade damage for it.

So, no mitigation + no heal = no survivability.

In any PVP where there is a Ret there's always an easy tatic:

1) Force Ret to bubble.
2) Dispel or wait bubble to end.
-> Now you have almost 5 minutes to execute the simples next 3 steps:
3) CC healer for 3 secs is enough.
4) Just hit Ret as normal. No need to burst.
5) Ret Dies.

So if Ret already bubbled, theres NOTHING he can do. DProt won't help if he can't heal, Devotion lasts for 6 secs and has 3 mins CD, so whatever. With BoP he can't hit so can't generate Holy Power to heal PLUS all magic damage will get in anyway. And he have NO OTHER TOOL to stay alive.

Ret has to trade most of his damage AND GCDs to heal for not enough. Get to suffer from FULL ALL CCs (not like any Warriors or DKs with Icebound and Enrage or lots of others).

The game is balanced as if Ret has a 1 min CD on bubble.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Do we really need another one of these qq threads?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret healing's going to be exactly where it's supposed to be come 5.2

Our survivability is fine if you don't pop literally all of your CDs at the same time like a moron.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Link 5 Rets with 2400+ rating or a print screen of a real "LF Ret Pala for RBG or Arenas 2000+ " on public chat, than you can say it's a qq.

Else, it's a constructive analysis pointing facts as evidences that the game need changes to deliver what is promissed to the company client's: a game that it balanced enough the player can chose between the classes offered so he can compete in a fair game. And don't hear everyday: "just reroll man, Blizz will never fix Ret and you will never be wanted on a high rated PVP".

If it's a qq, prove it. We have LOTS of evidence and explanations that the spec is NOT balanced.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/18/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Crono
"LF Ret Pala for RBG or Arenas 2000+ "
Why would anyone pug for a 2000+ Team that isn't on the PTR?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Between the PvP Power buff and SoL FoL buff(30% to 100%) our healing is going to be fine next patch.

I do think our passive survivability needs buffed. But it's a fairly easy fix. Make the Templar's Verdict glyph a retribution passive, increase the duration to 8 seconds, and throw in Inquisition and Word of Glory as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/18/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Crono
the game need changes to deliver what is promissed to the company client's: a game that it balanced enough the player can chose between the classes offered so he can compete in a fair game.

Did Blizzard offer you this? I don't know anyone who has ever been offered this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Link 5 Rets with 2400+ rating or a print screen of a real "LF Ret Pala for RBG or Arenas 2000+ " on public chat, than you can say it's a qq.

Else, it's a constructive analysis pointing facts as evidences that the game need changes to deliver what is promissed to the company client's: a game that it balanced enough the player can chose between the classes offered so he can compete in a fair game. And don't hear everyday: "just reroll man, Blizz will never fix Ret and you will never be wanted on a high rated PVP".

If it's a qq, prove it. We have LOTS of evidence and explanations that the spec is NOT balanced.

Seeing as how they are addressing some of the healing issues in 5.2, this thread is a QQ. I wont argue that ret is in need of change at the moment, but change is coming so people need to stop crying about the present. Do people expect blizzard to just go in and hotfix everything? It doesnt work that way. Yeah they dropped the ball for 5.1, but being that its the first season of an xpac its only expected that things can get out of whack. It's like the child in the back of a car on a trip complaining "are we there yet?", it doesn't help anything and it doesn't speed up the process.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My point about the pug is that nobody takes Ret for serious PVP. Ret is a spec that get only pity and is looked down upon as casual.

With the PVP Power buff to heal applied right now on PTR, our heals will go 11% up, with my full Malevolent gear with some upgrades. This means our WoG will heal 55k on 5.2 instead of 50k that heal now - tested, it's how it is on PTR.

FoL heals now for 29k - will count as 30k on live. With buffs will be... 33k * 2 with Sword of Light buff it's a self heal of 70k

Increase of 5k on WoG and 40k on FoL will fix our survivability?

Or we need better utilities or lower CD to our defensive CDs too?

As it is on PTR, our WoG heals for not enough to be worth the cost to our DPS (that is already way too low sustained) and our new buffed FoL is still casted and we as melees are always on the run - we whould sacrifice too much DPS/etc if we were to go behind a pillar to heal up, or just lose the melee range to cast, plus the risk to be interrupted/CC'd - the numbers for FoL are right with the fix. But WoG is still too weak. And even with better heals, we're still on the weak spot because we still have to trade damage for heal, it costs GCDs, and we can't do it silenced or CC'd as other classes can patch for 100k instant or activate huge HoTs, or cancel stun/sap/fear or whatever. We whould be still on the weak spot.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
W/o adding some kind of defensive fix you'll still be cc trained in situations when you cant build Hopo. Silenced at ranged ensures an auto death, an entire fleet of hunters pets + silence can solo you, Inq dropping during cc, losing 10% damage reduction when simply selfhealing from not using TV. I think a straight up strength% buff would help both sustained and healing
Inqs duration should Be increased 100% in pvp
WoG should apply the TV glyph
We lack any kind of worthwhile cc if spec'n BoG
We lack any kind of free ae cleave/snare. I guess when the nerfed the SoL cleave heal wit HoTR they also removed HoTr appling justice snare to all nearby enemies.
Holy Prism applying a silence would Be nice on a minute cd, but it would be countered when we are silenced.
Less ramp up time on censure, allow all attacks to generate a stack.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/18/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Harthvader
The guy is a complete cretin who sits on the forums all day while pet battling.

That's not true. I raid and play alts too.
I'm simply just posting in the countless of QQ threads with the OP having low experience with the spec, crying over something that isn't much of an issue, gosh

01/18/2013 10:27 AMPosted by Halfcalf

see he knows what im talking about
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/18/2013 02:29 PMPosted by Thermadin
The guy is a complete cretin who sits on the forums all day while pet battling.

That's not true. I raid and play alts too.
I'm simply just posting in the countless of QQ threads with the OP having low experience with the spec, crying over something that isn't much of an issue, gosh

see he knows what im talking about

Listen man, even people with "high experience" playing retribution have issues with the class i.e. Vanguards, who is arguably the best retribution paladin atm. Is his word the be all end all? No it is not, however he can offer the best insight into the class at the moment.

Secondly, by your own admission you do not/no longer pvp, so why do you consider yourself qualified to comment on people who are actually trying to pvp as ret? Because you had a pvp achievement three years ago? Are you just trolling? Seriously now, you scold others for making "QQ" threads, but I have not seen anything constructive from you ever. Your drama queen posts serve no purpose. If the threads are frustrating you, stop posting, it's just that easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]