Shaman or Priest?

74 Pandaren Monk
Hello all!

I hate to be making another this or that thread, but I am really confused on whether I want to do a Shaman or a Priest.

Endgame I would like to be a healer, but I would like some nice dps for leveling. I dont know which one would be better for leveling. I was either thinking a Worgen Priest or a Pandaren Shaman. Alliance please and no, "Don't do alliance, be sexy like the me" either please. Thank you all for the input!
Reply Quote
74 Pandaren Monk
~~~EDIT~~~ Or panda priest i dunno
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ONE
Shadow is kinda boring for leveling until the last 10 levels or so. Enhancement at least is pretty fun all the way from 10 to 90.
Reply Quote
93 Gnome Warrior
I think leveling a shaman as enhancement was fun. I had great survivability and ended up dual speccing ele and resto. She was my main for a long time. My priest is still sitting at 50. That said, probably for everyone who tells you "shaman" there's another person who will say "priest".
Reply Quote
Both shaman and priest have fun DPS specs.

Enhancement is more fun while leveling, and Elemental is really fun at max level.

Disc is really fun while leveling, and Shadow is really fun at max level.

Resto, Disc, and Holy are all great healing specs too.

Just .... don't make a worgen. THE SNIFFLING. OH GOD, THE SNIFFLING.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My 2 cents' worth, for if you're interested to dps *and* heal while you level:

Priest, as all the gear is interchangeable between all three specs for you to experiment with (lvl 85+, you'll want some non-Spirit gear for Shadow).

Int/Spi mail is interchangeable for Elemental and Resto, but Enhancement requires you to keep a separate set of Agi gear, thus I'd suggest if you go Shaman to do Elemental/Resto instead of Enhancement.

For healing end-game, Worgen the Worgen Crit racial isn't optimal, whereas the Pandaren Gourmand racial is... very, very worthwhile.

If you're not interested in min/maxxing, disregard that last bit and choose either :D
Reply Quote
74 Pandaren Monk
I think im just stuck. I really like what I have seen in both, but I am having a hard time choosing which one would be a good main. I really like what I have seen in priest, but shaman seems to be better for questing. I would want to do dungeons up to level 55 or 60 (because I dont want to redo them :/) but I cant decide between the two.
Reply Quote
74 Pandaren Monk
The thing is I REALLY REALLY REALLY like what I have seen in priest, but i was visually turned off by all but worgen priests racialwise. I also REALLY REALLY REALLY like what I have seen in shaman. I know i definitely want to do both, but I really dont know which one should be main or alt.
Reply Quote
9 Pandaren Priest
My 2 cents' worth, for if you're interested to dps *and* heal while you level:

Priest, as all the gear is interchangeable between all three specs for you to experiment with (lvl 85+, you'll want some non-Spirit gear for Shadow).

Int/Spi mail is interchangeable for Elemental and Resto, but Enhancement requires you to keep a separate set of Agi gear, thus I'd suggest if you go Shaman to do Elemental/Resto instead of Enhancement.

For healing end-game, Worgen the Worgen Crit racial isn't optimal, whereas the Pandaren Gourmand racial is... very, very worthwhile.

If you're not interested in min/maxxing, disregard that last bit and choose either :D

You know what, you are right.

Thanks for all the help guys

-Posting from new Panda Priest :D-
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Shadow is really fun for leveling from about level 80 or so, but sort of meh before that. Disc can be amusing (or boring, depending on your tastes) as a low-level DPS spec.

Enh is a lot of fun at low levels. Never tried it past 30. I find Ele to be pure torture, but that's probably a matter of taste...some weirdos are mainspec Ele.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
, but shaman seems to be better for questing. I would want to do dungeons up to level 55 or 60 (because I dont want to redo them :/) but I cant decide between the two.

For questing, all the way til about level 88, disc priest is cannot die god mode.

Unlike most healing classes, the majority of those offensive spells heal you - so you're never stuck choosing between an underpowered (in comparison) offensive healer spell and healing yourself up - which makes you about as efficient as most dps specs.

It's a little slower after 88, just because mana efficiency goes down and mob health goes up. But if you want easy levelling, disc is it.

On the flip side rarely being in danger can be a bit boring... on the other flip side if people aren't taking much damge in dungeons you can dps for all your heals and stay busy :p
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I find shadow really fun in PvP. Never did much PvP until I found shadow.

01/11/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Ziero
-Posting from new Panda Priest :D-

You obviously have good taste.

01/11/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Kaels
Shadow is really fun for leveling from about level 80 or so, but sort of meh before that.

I agree.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 01:50 PMPosted by Ziro
but i was visually turned off by all but worgen priests racialwise

You have good taste. Ignore the fact that I'm posting on a worgen -- I'm a druid, so I'm in shapeshift forms pretty much all the time. Worgen are not pretty. Their model looks really weird from behind. Helms never look right. They are constantly sniffling. It's like Razorfen Downs and the squealing there, only YOU CAN'T GET AWAY FROM IT. Sniff sniff. Sniff.

Sniff.

.... Sniff.

Stick with your panda.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]