Any such thing?

76 Worgen Druid
Are the days of guild get-togethers gone forever? Is there no such thing as a party atmosphere where guildies have events that have nothing to do with progression?

If there's a friendly guild out there who not only raids and progresses through the current content but also has silly events like, Flash Back Fridays, Halloween or Christmas parties and Easter egg hunts...or hell, maybe even guild participation days when several newbies get to name the instance they want to run and people sign up to help on the calendar, I want to be included in the fun.

Call me old fashioned, call me crazy, but guilds where no one says anything in guild chat, doesn't respond when someone asks for the odd item to raise a skill, keeps all their noses in their little questing, daily grind world are boring.

What's the point of a guild if each of 450 members live in their own little world and never interact with their fellow guildies? The guild level perks and rewards? YAWN.

If there's a guild out there who does more than just exist by name and numbers, please respond in a positive light. Cuz that's, to me, what its all about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
We recently have a battle pets tournament, and hopefully will have more stuff like that. But ya, those days seem to be gone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm sorry if your experience hasn't been good as of late in the guilds you have been in. I imagine there are times in every guild when people aren't necessarily feeling social and not using Gchat much because everyone is doing their daily grind maybe while listening to a podcast or they're in an instance and focusing on instance mechanics and social interactions. But the thing is if you want that kind of social community atmosphere and you are in a guild that is generally pretty friendly you need to proactive and organize it. If you take the lead I'm sure the officers would support you but they aren't being paid to keep you entertained, so can just sit back and complain when nothing gets done if you aren't willing to make the effort and take the initiative.
Reply Quote
76 Worgen Druid
01/12/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Taheraliel
I'm sorry if your experience hasn't been good as of late in the guilds you have been in. I imagine there are times in every guild when people aren't necessarily feeling social and not using Gchat much because everyone is doing their daily grind maybe while listening to a podcast or they're in an instance and focusing on instance mechanics and social interactions. But the thing is if you want that kind of social community atmosphere and you are in a guild that is generally pretty friendly you need to proactive and organize it. If you take the lead I'm sure the officers would support you but they aren't being paid to keep you entertained, so can just sit back and complain when nothing gets done if you aren't willing to make the effort and take the initiative.

Well, thank you for the reply but you take a little too much for granted with the "aren't willing to make the effort" thing.
I'm just looking for a nice little guild, not interested as much in volume (anything that has two legs and is level 1), as they are interested in helping to create a fun atmosphere with those members. The one way I find out there's no one to participate with, is through my efforts to engage my fellow members into some friendly activity.

No luck so far. I'll find a guild that's interested in their members eventually. It just felt good to post about it. And maybe get some like minds to speak up.
Reply Quote
76 Worgen Druid
01/12/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Lasagna
We recently have a battle pets tournament, and hopefully will have more stuff like that. But ya, those days seem to be gone.

That sounds interesting and fun!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/12/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Lasagna

We did? Why wasn't I invited?!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Too bad you're alliance. We help everyone in my guild.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
01/12/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Tritium
Too bad you're alliance. We help everyone in my guild.

These guys even let me hang out and make stupid jokes in Org!

Edit: I noticed it was easier to find people to do fun stuff during Cata because they completed all the other stuff and had time to do other things. Seems like all the dailies with this expansion has killed that time. I don't always get to log on so when I do, it ends up doing a chore of dailies instead of misc fun stuff. :/ I decided I'm finishing the Klaxxi and saying screw it to the rest of them. I play to socialize too; not just play catch up on every faction out there.
Edited by Ura on 1/13/2013 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
76 Worgen Druid
Agree.

Ya, its a matter of so many directions, so little time and it's a never ending daily grind.. which I used to like!

When people get burned out enough, like me (/shrug) maybe the fun and games will start again.
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Monk
Guilds have become strange since guild levels were implemented. The vast majority of guilds are gigantic conglomerations of people who hardly ever talk to each other and in a lot of cases, don't even like each other.

My old guild (back in TBC and WotLK) used to chat non-stop. Guild chat was always running and people were always joking or discussing whatever topics they wanted. People liked each other for the most part and would do things together, like run instances, do dailies, etc.. There was even a couple of real life get togethers that happened and when one of our guildmates lost a job he moved in with another temporarily to help him through it. The guild members were close and considered each other friends.

Since then, I've found that most guilds have a roster 10x larger and have far more people online concurrently, but nobody ever really talks other than a few people who want to let you know how stoned or drunk they are (because when you're 17 or 18 years old, it's really cool to be stoned and/or drunk I guess).

There are definitely good guilds still around, some of them above are prime examples of that. But I think those are in the minority now days. I've been searching for raiding guilds, especially as my Monk nears 90 I'd like to raid tank on him at some point, and my experience has been much the same as your's. :(
Edited by Jeuk on 1/14/2013 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
It's literally really unfortunate you guys are alliance. Everything you want in a guild, mine provides. We know each other by first names and are always chatting and messing around. I don't think I'd want someone in guild that is just there for perks or has no interest in making friends with guild mates.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Our guild chat happens so fast you sometimes need to scroll up to keep track. Perhaps you should consider creating your own guild, its true, it will take you a long time and a lot of effort, but in the end-you will have it your way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pretty sure everyone in my guild equally hates sasofrass and thinks he's a fatty. We write poetry about his largeness in a group setting.

I am the only member
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Monk
01/15/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Biotchythang
Our guild chat happens so fast you sometimes need to scroll up to keep track. Perhaps you should consider creating your own guild, its true, it will take you a long time and a lot of effort, but in the end-you will have it your way.

I actually used to be the GM of a raiding guild on this server back in TBC/WotLK. To be quite honest, I'm not very interested in being a Guild Master again. Not that I'd be against an officer position. But I'm just hoping to find a guild that fits my needs and I'm sure I will eventually. There's plenty of them out there. :P
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
<---- thirteendevils.enjin.com
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
We're having a naked noob run from Undercity to Stormwind tomorrow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]