Why won't Blizz let us transmog ANYTHING? and

90 Undead Warlock
Character customization has always been WoW weakest point and even with the changes they've made it's still abysmal. Maybe someday they'll take character customization a bit more seriously, but, even as an undead, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
As a roleplayer myself, I'd argue this to no end. One look at any AH on an RP realm will tell you that's not the case. RP'ers will pay tremendous sums of gold for the craziest things.

Roleplayers want more transmog options, not less.

I'm sorry but for every one of you, there's six or seven of the other.

Or at least, it seems that way since the amount of their !@#$%ing equals to six or seven times your vocality.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Transmog is definitely a vice of mine. You have no idea how many cross armor sets I have created via dressing room and said "Man that would look so awesome!." I can understand blizzard not wanting to make this game silly with tanks in dresses or people using fish as weapons, but what seriously made me doubt that was the reason? Pandas. Fighting-Talking teddy bears was a brilliant idea, but limiting transmog options because of people "Being silly"? Im sorry if I dont understand the logic behind that. Im pretty positive that given the opportunity, most players would come up with some wonderful creations. I mean, I've seen some amazing creations come out of a very limited supply of materials to work with.
Now, Im not saying allow EVERY item to be used, but I really dont see the harm it could possibly bring to allow plate wearers to use a few items outside of their armor class, and vice versa, to give that perfect touch to their desirable armor creation.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

I'm sorry but for every one of you, there's six or seven of the other.

Or at least, it seems that way since the amount of their !@#$%ing equals to six or seven times your vocality.

Not really.

Trust us, the majority of Wyrmrest and Moon Guard would probably kill to have transmog restrictions lifted, let alone the rest of the RP communities.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
because they dont want ppl to look too silly. Honestly i wouldnt take a tank seriously if he was wearing a cloth or a pumpkin on his head
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Why prevent people from doing that?

I could go into a long explanation of the "why", but I've done it so many times I'm kinda tired of doing it. I'll sum it, though.

They didn't have a clue how to do an appearance feature even though there are THREE other triple-A MMOs that did it before Blizz even started working on theirs.

You can also look to their asinine defenses of the arbitrary restrictions. My favorite? "We don't want players to transmog into things that look 'silly'." Meanwhile, Boomkins on mounts, poop quests, fighting world level threats in bikinis (cloth, chain, plate), etc....
You're the one here making asinine points.

WOW is a mixture of silly & serious, it's not supposed to be full on naked people with fish in their hands. It's an aesthetic balance, and you citing examples of exceptions does not in anyway invalidate the norm, it just makes you look like an unreasonable child stomping your feet and using adult words to sound like less of a brat. Silliness here or there doesn't mean anything goes.

Mogging is restricted for aesthetic reasons. It's easy to throw out aesthetics if you don't appreciate them, but it's just asinine to accuse them of being lies or fabrications or foolish just because you don't share them.
Edited by Elrith on 1/14/2013 6:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
EQ2
Rift
LOTRO

inc "lol those aren't aaa" The industry sees them as such.

City of Heroes/Villains (yes yes, I know, the game is now defunct. No thanks to NCSoft >.<).

The amount of customization available in CoH/V was astounding, compared to WoW. It also released seven months PRIOR to World of Warcraft (April 2004, compared to WoW's November 2004).

So what's Blizzard's excuse?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
01/14/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Mintchip
I'm sorry but you're stupid.

*points to Elrith, who is on a RP realm*
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Priest
Either way, the no white items thing is annoying.

On my panda, there's a set they get at like level... 3-4, it's one of the starter sets for them. It looks REALLY nice. But wait, you can't transmog it...why? Because it's white gear. That's so stupid. Why can't we look nice? The set are my two favorite colors and seriously is something a panda would wear, yet we can't transmog it? >.>
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Let's not forget that many of us have banks cluttered with holiday fashion gear. Said gear having little-to-no use or purpose, since none of it can be used for Transmogrification.

So, why can't we? If it's too silly for Blizzard, THEN WHY IS IT IN THE DAMN GAME?!

We have holiday hats (and I swear to God, If I hear another moronic NPC ask where all those wonderful Holiday Hats are coming from....) with the matching santa-style outfit. We have awesome Easter and Valentine's dresses. We have Vile Fumigator's Mask and Hallowed Helm.

Yet none of it can be transmogged?

WHY NOT?!
Reply Quote
All I really want is to be able to xmog my L1 tophat.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Priest
01/14/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Santhord
WHY NOT?!

Blizzard doesn't like things considered "fun" and that includes thing like this, they like to tease us but not actually give it to us.

Now Excuse my while I go tank in this set.

You should post in that Demon Hunter transmog set thread. Your set actually looks nice :O
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
They gave us a lot to start with, unfortunately this playerbase want everything and they want it now.

We all end up sounding like that stupid commercial.

"It's My transmog and I need it NOW!"

Shut the heck up please
Reply Quote
61 Worgen Hunter
01/14/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Indrik
All I really want is to be able to xmog my L1 tophat.

So much this.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Priest
They gave us a lot to start with, unfortunately this playerbase want everything and they want it now.

We all end up sounding like that stupid commercial.

"It's My transmog and I need it NOW!"

Shut the heck up please

So you're saying we should just be happy with the bare minimum? That makes no sense.

If people lived life like that then you would never hear of any raises or any self-betterment because after all, you get a decent amount to start with, right?

The whole point is, it has a lot of stupid restrictions that shouldn't be there. There's no reason we can't transmog white items or certain items (like that invisible armor thing?) because they look nice or are fun. Just because one person would run around shirtless doesn't mean everyone will. Most people would just display their actual shirt instead of the armor on top. That should be okay.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]