Atonement question.

90 Human Priest
On my disc priest I always try to do as much healing though atonement as possible. Since I feel as if I'm contributing to the group more that way, as well as to make up for some lacking dps in those special lfg dungeons.

Though I've always been curious, does atonement double dip aggro? Aggro from the damage done to the enemy, as well as aggro from out heal? I'm 99% sure that that's how it works but I just want to confirm it, because it seems like I cause massive aggro when healing through atonement. I don't cause enough aggro to pull a target off the tank when it's a single target fight, but on aoe fights I ALWAYS get aggro. Even when the tanks are great tanks, doing their rotation fine, and all that.

Not complaining about it by any means, it's an epic ability, I just wanted to verify it with some other priests.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm not sure, but now that you mention it, I was wondering this last night. xD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've noticed this too. It's why i tab target through the mobs every few secs. Like penance>switch> HF>Smite smite> switch> penance> switch, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
It shouldn't be a problem with the way healing aggro works. It'll generate threat through the damage done and through the healing done, but your damage should be lower than what the DPS are capable of (not to mention the tank) and healing aggro is pretty much negligible (generates half threat by default and is split evenly across all mobs in combat).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's not like the numbers Atonement puts out are so amazing that you'll pull threat. If you're pulling threat, it's 'cause there's something in that pile of mobs that the tank hasn't properly hit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No worries. You can always Fade before the mob runs over to punch you in the face.

I miss the days when healing threat was actually useful to pull mobs in specific directions. Of course, the healer that didn't know how to use that and pulled threat always hated getting smashed in the face.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Fade right before pull!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]