Windows 8 FPS Lag

4 Pandaren Mage
Hello i have gone through the forums and haven't found anything that list what i have, I just upgraded to windows 8 from windows 7, on windows 7 i could easly get 120 ~ 200 FPS on max gfx and 1080p windows 8 i barley get 20 on lowest and on 768p I have all the latest drivers and stuff, if you could help that would be much appreciated.

These are my computer specs

Intel® Core™ i7-3920XM processor Extreme Edition
32 gb DDR3 1600mhz ram
2x nVidia Geforce GTX 690's in SLI mode
1x 1tb SSD (World of warcraft is installed on this one)
1x 2tb SATA Drive (For recording)
2x 21.5" 1920 x 1080 p monitors
1x 30" 4k tv also pluged in

So as you can see i can easily handle world of warcraft, i get like 120fps on BF3 on ultra even on windows 8
Reply Quote
4 Pandaren Mage
Also, i tried unpluging the other 2 screens and just used 1x 21.5" 1920 x 1080 p monitor
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Try these two things:

Standard Game Reset:

Go to the main wow folder and delete the Cache folder, WTF folder and Interface folder. You could move the Interface folder somewhere like your desktop to make returning addons a little easier.

Log back into game - wow will install new folders. You will have to set up your UI graphics and sound again. Just use recommended settings. Play without any third party addons and see how things go.

Right click launcher and click properties - compatibility tab - set it to Windows 7
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]