Geriatric Explosion (10-Man) - Now Recruiting

Have you ever wanted to raid with a couple of guys who did the hardcore thing, have some server first achieves, and now spend their time obsessing over Star Wars and Queen?

How about raiding with a tank with an over-inflated sense of invincibility and the ba--er, insanity.. to back it up?

Does talking to a couple of women who speak in tongues and can’t give clear directions on a map ring your bell?

If so, then have we got the team for you!

Hi, I’m Ginness. Most likely, you’re reading this now because “Geriatric Explosion? Wha-what is this about?” and now you want to know a little bit more about this ridiculous name. Well, we’re a bunch of old players who are trying to throw together a raid team to push content. Some of us did some progression, some of us have some server firsts, and all of us just enjoy beating our faces against challenging content and chewing glass.

Our 10-man team is (optimistically) set to launch the 5th of February. We will be raiding Mondays, Tuesdays, & Wednesdays at 10:30PM (22:30) to 1:30AM (01:30) server time (yes, late-night).

We are currently in the market for:
-1 Melee DPS: Rogue preferred, however we are opening this to any talented melee-er.
-1 Range DPS: Hunter, Mage, or Warlock preferred.

Note: We are not asking you to quit your guild! You can stay where you are, be happy, have your cake and eat it too. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!

Do we want to push progression content? Yes, absolutely. But, we’re not going to be dicks about it. We’re looking for players who are serious enough about their raiding to do the job right, do it well, but not so serious that they can’t have a good time doing it. We’re laid back, but we put pride in our ability to play our classes well and execute strategies properly.

Mistakes are bound to happen! Wipes happen. Sometimes people die. Sometimes the client acts up. We get it. We’re not looking for excuses, just move on from it in a positive way! We’re not out to yell and scream like kids fighting over …whatever kids fight over. I don’t know…iPhones? Yes; like kids fighting over iPhones. We joke. We chatter between boss fights. We take shots at one another; we’re all old friends and we’d like to keep that feeling.

But, my gear is terrible, Ginness! Yep. I’m well aware. Thanks for pointing it out. But, you’re gearing. It’s a process; no one starts with BiS in all slots. I may not have the best gear right now either, but I will. Not to mention that some of our other current raiders are geared to the teeth. You might not be the best dressed guy at the club, but if you got the moves then we can dig it. If you show interest, have the talent and mental faculties to back it up, and the want to be good that doesn’t turn you into an almighty doucherocket, then we know you’ll get there too. Feb 5th is some time off. Just keep making the good effort.

Good sense of humor. Good raiding ethics. Moderately intelligent. Reasonably tolerable ego. Spider Pride >8<!

If interested, feel free to contact Valodiere in game with any questions or concerns.

Do not contact me! I’m not in charge. If Valodiere isn’t on well, wait.

And drop an app at our team website: http://geriatricexplosion.enjin.com/home

Cheers !
Edited by Ginness on 1/29/2013 6:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
We are not asking you to quit your guild! You can stay where you are, be happy, have your cake and eat it too. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!

Free bumps for cake.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Shaman
This sounds awesome and I feel like I know everyone you described. But....

we’re not going to be dicks about it ... We’re laid back

does not describe Ginness at all, I've done pvp with him! he's a grumpier person then Sin!

I'll still apply, and wish you all the best of luck, though. :)
Reply Quote
Bah! Grumpy, but not a #@!##@#@. There is a difference.
Reply Quote
Update bump. Need our last melee role filled. As listed above, looking for a Rogue.

Edit- Correction; we are in the market for a talented Rogue.
Edited by Ginness on 1/17/2013 11:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
^ All of this, because I said so. ALSO, for our rogue, we aren't specific on talent choices, spec, or otherwise. Keep in mind AGAIN, that you don't have to leave your guild to raid with us. And we also supply feasts, and ice cream.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm a badass shadow priest with loads of e-cred and I support this message.

Also I'll be raiding with these guys. I'll be the one that sounds like H. John Benjamin in Vent.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
bump for off server warlocks creepin' ur thread!
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Nycia
I'll be the one that sounds like H. John Benjamin in Vent.

That's Coach McGirk/Archer for those of you not in the know.

I'll be the one using colorful and original euphemisms.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
You know, honestly, if anybody truly wanted to question our street cred/dedication, they could just happen to glance at the fact that in our raid I think I have the lowest amount of achievement points at almost 13k. On a more important note, my phone took 3 times to type dedication, and wanted to replace it with defication.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/22/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Valodiere
You know, honestly, if anybody truly wanted to question our street cred/dedication, they could just happen to glance at the fact that in our raid I think I have the lowest amount of achievement points at almost 13k. On a more important note, my phone took 3 times to type dedication, and wanted to replace it with defication.

Tynave has 11000. But he's bad so we'll let that one slide.

Also. Stop telling your wife poop jokes via text.
Edited by Nycia on 1/22/2013 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Shaman
I may only have 11k but it's the best 11k! :(

edit: oh damn, I actually have exactly 11000 achievement points, I can't do any more now or it wont be a round number!
Edited by Tynave on 1/22/2013 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Human Warrior
Good people here. Also at least one smells amazing. I'll let you guess which one.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
hmm..this might give me an excuse to finish the last 2 levels on my guardian/feral druid on Farstriders...
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
Balls. Kari, let me know if a healy spot opens. v.v
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Bumping for bumpings sake!

Good luck :)
Reply Quote
Edit bump- opening melee slot to any talented player, though we'd really enjoy a Rogue.

I mean really enjoy it. Like, a fat kid with cake enjoy it. And not, ya know, fruit cake. I'm talking a German chocolate cake with a rich, creamy frosting, served on a hot, nude redhead model on the back of Falcor while Yngwie Malmsteen and Eddie Van Halen perform an epic guitar duel.

...yep. That much.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I haven't raided seriously since i was doing H DS =\
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Get on my achievement level! ^_^ Bumping for a fun group. Good luck with everything Valo!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Don't brag Camii. We all know you made your kids do most of your achievement work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]