The Worst Idea Ever Conceived by Blizzard Ent

90 Human Death Knight
What's that pvp'ers you want a challenging even playground?

BS and this thread proves it.
100 Tauren Druid
I think it's an interesting change. If gear is equal, wouldn't your battles be based on skill then? Why are you worried if you're good at your class?
MVP
90 Human Mage
01/18/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Psyops
Making gear more readily available so that entry doesn't seem so forbidding and progression doesn't seem hopeless.

This is not just the "making of gear more readily available," this is the removal of gear progression from PvP period.

Not really relevant to the point I was making, which was that this, and changes like it, appear to me to be designed to try to entice more players into PvP — which I expect will prove to be a futile effort. You could mail me a full set of this gear for free, and I'd disenchant it for mats and continue ignoring PvP. Is there any real reason to believe that there's a signifiant pool of players who have never tried PvP and are just waiting to discover that they love it?
90 Undead Warlock
Or this: only world title holders can use boxing gloves, everyone else fights in kitchen mitts.

This is not just the "making of gear more readily available," this is the removal of gear progression from PvP period.

This is because removing gear progression is the only way to keep PvP fair.

It's also a way to get PvPers to stop playing the game since it makes the game inherently less fun. Furthermore, this is not the only way to keep PvP fair. S7 was fairly perfect in terms of balancing and it did not implement this idiotic regime of changes, it just perfected class balance. Class balance is what Blizzard should do, not welfare elite gear.
90 Undead Mage
Seriously, this thread shows just how absolutely unsportsmanlike gamers are. This is why I stay the F away from any competitive games - cause gamers can't lose, and what's more sad, can't even win with dignity.

01/18/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Psyops
It's also a way to get PvPers to stop playing the game since it makes the game inherently less fun.

If the only thing you find fun are easy wins against undergeared players - maybe the game would be better without you playing it.
Edited by Embral on 1/18/2013 9:35 AM PST
90 Gnome Rogue
01/18/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Bonnér
Yeah i figured you'd only have 1550 achievements. It's ok you'll have t2 next season little guy!

Translation: !@#$, now I can't rely on gear alone to boast.
90 Undead Warlock
01/18/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Lhivera

Not really relevant to the point I was making, which was that this, and changes like it, appear to me to be designed to try to entice more players into PvP — which I expect will prove to be a futile effort. You could mail me a full set of this gear for free, and I'd disenchant it for mats and continue ignoring PvP. Is there any real reason to believe that there's a signifiant pool of players who have never tried PvP and are just waiting to discover that they love it?

Does that not simply show why welfare elite gear is unnecessary and ineffective in solving the problem that Blizzard claims it is solving?
90 Undead Warlock
01/18/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Steelgear
Yeah i figured you'd only have 1550 achievements. It's ok you'll have t2 next season little guy!

Those with T2 gear earned 2200 without T2 gear, especially in S12 where there was no preceding season in the same expansion due to MoP.

Let me translate your post:
stay away from my welfare elite gear, I want to have t2 for the first time in my life!
90 Worgen Druid

Did you only read the OP? Most all of the QQ is coming from raiders and just a small portion of crying pvpers that seem to have win traded to get there stuff and are scared of a balanced system.
100 Human Paladin
01/18/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Psyops
A T2 weapon and a re-color of an identical set that gives you no stat upgrade is not the difference between winning and losing. Stop blaming being outplayed by superior players on gear as that is usually a minor factor.

The difference between t1 and t2 gear isnt the issue here, they're the same set with different colors, completly fixable if they give those with top rating a transmog only cosmetic set that you can only get at higher ranks

The issue is the item level disparity between Dreadful Gladiator's Scaled Chestpiece and Malevolent Gladiator's Scaled Chestpiece

If its recolors thats the issue, I'm sure they'll think up new rewards for higher ranks.

And besides, if the Elite gear was so prestigious, why do you have it transmogged into something else?
Edited by Paladinchaz on 1/18/2013 9:38 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
I think an even playing ground is smart, but they should just get rid of t2 wep. Still make the gear for 2200 req though.
90 Orc Monk
Or this: only world title holders can use boxing gloves, everyone else fights in kitchen mitts.

This is because removing gear progression is the only way to keep PvP fair.

It's also a way to get PvPers to stop playing the game since it makes the game inherently less fun. Furthermore, this is not the only way to keep PvP fair. S7 was fairly perfect in terms of balancing and it did not implement this idiotic regime of changes, it just perfected class balance. Class balance is what Blizzard should do, not welfare elite gear.

perfected class balance

is a wizard

iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg
90 Undead Mage
Mechanical advantages for better players is a STUPID IDEA, no matter how you twist it. Imagine if in StarCraft, players in higher ratings would get faster resource gather rate? Or players with more wins in chess had an extra Queen? This is retarded, it's antithesis of competition.
90 Human Monk
01/18/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Steelgear

Nah I'm simply saying that the 1300 guy standing next to me in elwynn is going to have the same gear as me. wtf is that bull!@#$?

Since all of you guys are getting welfare pvp gear, I want my heroic gear from LFR then. that seems like an even trade off yeah?
90 Worgen Druid
Those with T2 gear earned 2200 without T2 gear, especially in S12 where there was no preceding season in the same expansion due to MoP.

Let me translate your post: stay away from my welfare elite gear, I want to have t2 for the first time in my life!

Did you not read the part about all of the Win Trading? So who really did earn 2200 this season? all of the 3 BM teams out of the gate before the well needed nerf?
87 Human Mage

Did you only read the OP? Most all of the QQ is coming from raiders and just a small portion of crying pvpers that seem to have win traded to get there stuff and are scared of a balanced system.

Stupids gonna stupid
90 Gnome Warrior
01/18/2013 09:35 AMPosted by Psyops

Speaking for all the pay for rating players too, now? Good on you.

01/18/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Lhivera

Or, while you may be correct to a degree, it's ALSO being implemented to keep those who DO enjoy PvPing from hitting that 'invisible wall' i.e. Better geared players who are simply winning in many, not all cases, because of gear and becoming discouraged because with enough time put in, then it all becomes a matter of actual skill.
90 Human Death Knight

didn't realize that some people that pvp'd weren't therefore pvp'ers while they were doing it.

I'll change that just for you then.

What's that players who are posting about pvp in any other situation where your gear was to be made more unique you would most likely comment that it is skill that matters but you are now whinging about gear limitations being removed?

Is that clear cut enough for you, so you don't have to do any nasty thinking?

Guess I should of added that they're players of World of warcraft : mists of pandaria as well...
90 Undead Warlock
Continuing this thread in part 2 since the discussion is far from concluded.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]