arena changes

90 Human Paladin
You guys read this? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8397168

I might actually compete next season!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think this is great. I may start doing some PvP on my Shaman now.
Love the Crafting Dreadful so now I wont get destroyed when I go into a BG on an alt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Looks like we can get T2 by doing 2s!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/18/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Jeanette

sure after about 4 months. looks like some of those fail 2 PC guys that think they are the greatest thing to happen to pvp on this server will for once actually get t2
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
01/18/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Coppafeel

sure after about 4 months. looks like some of those fail 2 PC guys that think they are the greatest thing to happen to pvp on this server will for once actually get t2

Is this really necessary coppa?

You're basically instigating a normal discussion on pvp changes to lead to a giant flame war that will end up in this topic being deleted and therefore a lot of people missing out on information they might have not noticed normally.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Because buying rating makes a player so much better? Lol... some of the most renowned players from this server and others that are highly regarded in pvp have bought rating/bull!@#$ed rating. Come on now...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

You're basically instigating a normal discussion on pvp changes to lead to a giant flame war that will end up in this topic being deleted and therefore a lot of people missing out on information they might have not noticed normally.

No it isn't necessary. But only because some sort of D*bag pheromones get released when one of them posts in a thread. The flame war was coming whether Coppa (still love you) said something or not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

No it isn't necessary. But only because some sort of D*bag pheromones get released when one of them posts in a thread. The flame war was coming whether Coppa (still love you) said something or not.

/releases douchebag pheromones
:)

But in all seriousness, the changes are actually really good, and not simply because even us horrible <TWO PC NA BIZCUIT> players (/rollseyes) will be able to get T2 gear. The catch up system involving raising the point cap temporarily is something that should've been put into place a long time ago. Simply missing a week or two this season already put you at a disadvantage because of how much of a difference the PVP weapons made for DPS. In addition to that, by making current season gear purchasable with honor after 27,000 Conquest have been obtained, they essentially made it easier for people with multiple specs to get gear for their off spec without jumping through hoops.

But, let's just all ignore those awesome changes and bash <TWO PC NA BIZCUIT> for no reason instead, like our friend Coppa.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
like marsh said it was coming sooner or later, i was just pointing out that its gonna take ATLEAST 16 weeks for most people to even hit 27000 conq pts earned. personally im against this change, id love it if they went back to rating requirements on most pieces of gear instead of catering to all the bads out there.

and lown i got my main toons on tich now. its redicious, half the chat in trade chat is people selling rating, LF win trade groups and what not.

wasabi, the change is terrible. BUT the catch up change is actually one of the best changes/ideas blizzard has had in the longest time. even tho capping 10k points in one week for going to be a pain, but still a great change regardless.

and marshboa <3 you can have my babies anytime you want
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
like marsh said it was coming sooner or later, i was just pointing out that its gonna take ATLEAST 16 weeks for most people to even hit 27000 conq pts earned. personally im against this change, id love it if they went back to rating requirements on most pieces of gear instead of catering to all the bads out there.

and lown i got my main toons on tich now. its redicious, half the chat in trade chat is people selling rating, LF win trade groups and what not.

wasabi, the change is terrible. BUT the catch up change is actually one of the best changes/ideas blizzard has had in the longest time. even tho capping 10k points in one week for going to be a pain, but still a great change regardless.

and marshboa <3 you can have my babies anytime you want

Actually, I don't see why you would think it was coming sooner or later. This thread has been up for quite a while, most of us in <TWO PC NA BIZCUIT> have already seen it, and not a single person mentioned us nor have any of us posted in here. It wasn't until you finally decided to bring us into a thread that had nothing to do with us that any of us posted.

That aside, and because I want to talk about the topic at hand instead of the usual realm drama, I don't really see why you're so against the change. Blizzard said it and you just said it yourself, the good players will still earn their gear faster and the bad players will still take forever and a day to get their gear. It changes nothing for you, or other people in your bracket. In fact, it doesn't even affect you, unless you think that bad players getting better gear will suddenly mean more competition for you. In that case, maybe you're not as good as you think you are if you think gear plays such a large role that bad players having access to better gear will affect you. (Note: I'm not saying you're not as good as you are, nor am I referring to you specifically. Don't rip my throat out please <3 /hug)

Overall, the way I see it, the end results of these changes are as follows:
1. Higher level players, 2.4k+, will only be affected in the way that they'll be able to get off-spec gear faster.
2. Medium level players, 1500-2.4k (This is just an example, use whatever bracket you want here), will be able to get gear to compete in their brackets AND will be able to play around with other comps because there will be more people getting gear. They will not be forced to stick with the same comp because the people they are currently playing with will not be the only people with gear. In addition to that, this bracket will become more "skill based" rather than "gear based" as the same gear will be available to everyone and the whole "They're just better geared than us" argument will be mostly moot. Granted, it will still occur earlier in the season (when good players have an advantage in gear due to getting it faster) but it will level out as the season goes on.
3. Lower level players, <1500, will be able to get gear to compete in their brackets, although at a slower pace.
4. Everyone will eat cake and drink milk after their arenas and celebrate because they all get to have fun and one person's fun does not affect the another person's ability to have fun as well.
Edited by Wasabi on 1/18/2013 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
the reason the t2 change is terrible is this one prime example... arena this expansion is 100% all about burst dmg and gear. you dont get outplayed you get outclassed.
so for example warriors... lowest skill cap needed in the game atm, they just need their trusty swifty one shot macro. the amount of warriors this season that are 2.2k+ this season and never before is rediculous. even on AJ there was a post that was kept up to date for almost the whole season that showed the representation by class for the top 100 3s team. it was disgusting. so you really wanna put a t2 wep in the hands of every warrior out there? i sure dont.

its like me, one who hates pvp, does valor caps for 15 weeks.. can i have challenge mode gear once i reach 27000 valor points earned? no i didnt think so
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
i will say the only positive thing i can see from this is hopefully you see more teams Qing 3s or 5s.. the downside.. you are going to see WAYYYY more wintrading in RBGs if blizzard doesnt fix that
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
the reason the t2 change is terrible is this one prime example... arena this expansion is 100% all about burst dmg and gear. you dont get outplayed you get outclassed.
so for example warriors... lowest skill cap needed in the game atm, they just need their trusty swifty one shot macro. the amount of warriors this season that are 2.2k+ this season and never before is rediculous. even on AJ there was a post that was kept up to date for almost the whole season that showed the representation by class for the top 100 3s team. it was disgusting. so you really wanna put a t2 wep in the hands of every warrior out there? i sure dont.

its like me, one who hates pvp, does valor caps for 15 weeks.. can i have challenge mode gear once i reach 27000 valor points earned? no i didnt think so

I understand your qualms with that, and I agree with you completely. However, the problem that you are talking about here is the balance of classes, and has very little, if not nothing, to do with gear. A Warrior, with or without a T2 weapon, will still hurt. However, their gear will only carry them so far. Sooner or later, if they do not have the skill/experience to support it, they will not continue rising through the ranks. In the worst case scenario, it will come down to which Warrior is the best rather than which player is the best. However, class, and spec for that matter, already plays a large role in PVP. As such, the problem is not the gear, but how balanced each class is.

So, while I think you raise a fair point, I do not think giving gear to more players will really create as big a problem as you are predicting. This can be further supported by the fact that when Blizzard initially removed rating requirements from current season PVP gear, what actually happened was not nearly as bad as what people predicted. I'm not sure if you remember, but there were a lot of people screaming "foul" and saying it would destroy PVP. However, it did no such thing. All it did was give more players access to another part of the game. It did not somehow take away anything from the better players, other than maybe put a ding into their ego and SSS (Special Snowflake Syndrome). Overall, however, what did affect the PVP aspect of the game was class balance.

That said, I think class balance is always going to be the primary defining factor when it comes to PVP. Skill, or experience if you want to avoid that term, comes second. Lastly, gear comes in as important, but not something that will, or should, overcome the other two. What should happen is that the first 2 factors should swap places. Personally, I think this change is a shift in that general direction. While it seemingly will not affect the skill vs class dilemma, it will put more people on level playing fields ie more people with the same gear. This in turn will make people rely more on their abilities rather than their gear, effectively eliminating the third aspect from this equation. Now, as any math major can tell you (there has to be one in here), eliminating one variable from an equation drastically simplifies the equation. Hopefully, by eliminating this third factor, Blizzard will be able to figure out a solution to the remaining problem.
Edited by Wasabi on 1/18/2013 5:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Agree with Wasabi.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The thing I don't like about this change is the 27k pt mark won't change altogether the RBG heroes who win trade/ddos or even legit that will own arenas for at least a couple weeks. Granted it won't be as bad as this season, but at 2400 rating they will still earn their points much quicker than myself, the average arena noob.

Because while i've been 2.2k in the past, there's no way I'd get that this season w/o any inflation, without anyone on the server to play with, queuing into 2.2k weapons as soon as you hit 1800. And I doubt the participation in this BG will go up much higher to change that. I honestly don't know whether I can assemble 10 players that I think are good enough to hit w/e rating I'd be able to hit in 3v3 in an RBG, and so that will set myself, and almost all of Boulderfist alliance behind.

~Marsh
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

#1 ret pally NA

#yolo
#retswag
#swagmoney
#lolret
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/18/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Wbush

#1 ret pally NA

#yolo
#retswag
#swagmoney
#lolret

ooooo bush you did not!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
01/18/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Wbush

#1 ret pally NA

#yolo
#retswag
#swagmoney
#lolret

#NBHNC
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
#1 ret pally NA

#yolo
#retswag
#swagmoney
#lolret

i luh u
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The thing I don't like about this change is the 27k pt mark won't change altogether the RBG heroes who win trade/ddos or even legit that will own arenas for at least a couple weeks. Granted it won't be as bad as this season, but at 2400 rating they will still earn their points much quicker than myself, the average arena noob.

Because while i've been 2.2k in the past, there's no way I'd get that this season w/o any inflation, without anyone on the server to play with, queuing into 2.2k weapons as soon as you hit 1800. And I doubt the participation in this BG will go up much higher to change that. I honestly don't know whether I can assemble 10 players that I think are good enough to hit w/e rating I'd be able to hit in 3v3 in an RBG, and so that will set myself, and almost all of Boulderfist alliance behind.

~Marsh

You've heard me say the whole purse thing and puttin it down before.

So this time i'll just smile and nod.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]