"Remove flying mounts"middle ground solution?

90 Undead Mage
The problem with any argument like this is that in the matter of seconds after the argument starts, the participants bunch up in camps. After that, it's no longer about the topic, it's about which camp "wins". Reason and compromise go out of the window, insults fly, smart and reasonable people revert back to monkeys.
oo oo ee aahh aah

Translation: I WIN
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”

― Groucho Marx
100 Human Paladin
oo oo ee aahh aah

Translation: I WIN

You forgot the rest of it:

Ting Tang Walla Wall Wing Bang

Just like a Tauren.
90 Worgen Druid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmClb7AklV4

Couldn't resist.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This solution is terrible. Very few want the mounts removed and making everybody suffer for it is terrible.
100 Troll Death Knight
I dont know If this was brought up in this forum but, how about blizzard make a realm that is no flying with a toon mount. I dont care If the whole area that your questing in requires flying so go back to the quest giver and ask to borrow a flying mount that can only be used in that area. Then take all the people that dont want other people to fly, lock all realms to them and make them make a toon on the new realm.
100 Undead Priest
I read many many pages of this back and forth between people for and against restircting flying and while all this immersion talk is fine and dandy and I understand the arguments made for it, I have to say not all of us have hours to spend on trips around the world on horseback.

There is sooo much I try to cram into the hours I have to play. Pet battles (and the tamer dailies), dailies, gearing out alts, looking for rares, looking for relics, farming for materials, running old raids for vanity, achievements, transmog (I don't mention lfr/lfd/scenariors since there is no travel involved with queues). I cannot imagine how much of this stuff I'd have to stop doing thanks to having to dedicate so much extra time to traveling on ground mounts. Maybe if I didn't have a job and other responsibilities in life I could get behind this idea but honestly, no, I enjoy the travel method the way it is and I do not like the idea of missing out on activities I enjoy because some of you need more immersion.

You have the power to make the game more immersive for yourself: get off your flying mount. Don't force the rest of us to play the way you want to play.
86 Undead Warlock
Considering Blizzard sell and have sold flying mounts, flying can never be put back in the bottle. Blizzard legally have covered themselves, but if I had bought a flying mount and then flying was removed from the game, I would want my money back.

It would cause too many problems, as some zones are mainly designed for flying, you cannot get to some areas unless you can fly. Fatigue flying would be such a pain as you leveled through Cata zones, for example Deepholm and Wrath has quest hubs on flying ships that move around the zone.

They can only limit flying in zones that have been designed to get around on land mounts, as they have been doing.
96 Human Mage
Question for all you anti-flying mount individuals.

Would you consider it a good business decision to give 20-40 people a whole realm to themselves that has flying mounts disabled? That's a lot of wasted space if you ask me.
90 Undead Mage
Question for all you anti-flying mount individuals.

Would you consider it a good business decision to give 20-40 people a whole realm to themselves that has flying mounts disabled? That's a lot of wasted space if you ask me.

Another funny thing: both camps in any internet argument tend to overestimate how many people are in their camp vs. the opposite one.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
If they remove flying from the game, I'm deleting all my toons and account. It's not going to be fun anymore when you need to go from one place to another, especially if you're farming.
90 Human Warrior
Yeah..i payed out of my !@# for the skill level to fly. I've yet to get my fill of flying.
96 Human Mage
01/19/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Embral
Another funny thing: both camps in any internet argument tend to overestimate how many people are in their camp vs. the opposite one.

The camp that is anti-flying mount is a huge minority, in fact, I'd venture to guess that the amount of people that actually care about world pvp is a huge minority as well.
90 Human Monk
They need to simply add an item (how it is obtained can be decided later) that allows players to knock eachother off of their flying mounts with a cooldown of around 3 to 5 minutes. I think this would be an awesome idea and create a good world pvp envoirenment.

After a player is dismounted they will parachute down to the ground unharmed. Not falling to their death:D
90 Human Warrior
01/18/2013 06:13 PMPosted by Bashiok
Not this again.
100 Human Death Knight
I don't understand...why would someone NOT want flying and would prefer to walk from SW to IF? o_o
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]