The Seat of Knowledge

90 Human Death Knight
Anyone know what the drop rate is on the pristine version of the greys are? I read 5%. I'm also done with all of the collector's and I have two pristines left to get for the achievement.

Is it just bad rng that I'm not getting it?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
5% is all i have heard of a common find turning into a Pristine. Some take longer than others, where one Pristine took me the second time restoring it to my last Pristine forcing me to restore it 56 times.

It gets aggravating, but the title and satisfaction of completing it is well worth it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Anyone know what the drop rate is on the pristine version of the greys are? I read 5%. I'm also done with all of the collector's and I have two pristines left to get for the achievement.

Is it just bad rng that I'm not getting it?

It's not actually 'bad rng'. Let's say you have an equal chance of getting any particular common. If you've got 19/20 pristines already, that means only 1 in 20 possible commons has a chance to finish your achievement. Given a 5% chance at pristine, that means you'd expect to solve 400 commons to go from 19/20 to 20/20.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Ive changed my mind. This acheev is a.o.k. by me!!
Edited by Fleck on 3/11/2013 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]