[Holy] - 5.2 Healing Guide

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Point taken. I have gone back to using more Spirit gems. I was probably overthinking the whole situation. :) I just figured, "that's what the numbers say, therefore that's how it is". Thanks for your help and insight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Also keep in mind that when you get your legendary meta, as well as more natural spirit from the increased level of gear (and horridon trinket nom nom) the need to actually gem spirit goes down. At the moment I have more static spirit on my ilvl 523 paladin than my ilvl 537 paladin, just because of meta+horridon trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
More. I must have more. Now that my holy pally is level 90, I'm having problems I've never had before.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Cooldowns:

Avenging Wrath: WINGS! Okay, this is a staple for any Paladin of any spec, and has been for a long time. 20% damage and healing for 20 seconds, available every 3 minutes. It's a very powerful throughput cooldown, and something you should be in the habit of using whenever you need to boost your healing output.

Divine Favor: Similar to Avenging Wrath, Divine Favor lasts 20 seconds and has a 3 minute cooldown. Instead of a flat healing buff however, it increases your Haste and Crit chance by 20% each. This makes it another amazing cooldown. Given the choice, I would typically use Avenging Wrath for big single-target heals, and Divine Favor for AoE healing (where the crit is a bit more reliable than it would be single-target), but they're both quite strong in either scenario.

I pop wings with divine favor, same cd and improve a Boost of Healing in some fights like magaera i can prove paladins Can keep a raid up with a CD stronger than tranquility or Healing tide totem, expecially when i throw my hammer on floor ^^

(Sorry my bad english)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
And what do you do the next rampage? Sit there and pray?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Great info ! job well done
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mixing critical rating with mastery is vastly superior to stacking only one or the other. Just saying.
Edited by Lackjester on 7/15/2013 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I typically don't recommend Long Arm of the Law because we have little reason to ever cast Judgement outside of a couple oddball talent choices

Is it weird or wrong that I still judge every time it comes off cd? I just feel like its a part of what paladins do as it was in wrath. I miss the sound it used to make :(

I also just really like having the short burst of speed when I need it to get somewhere quick or move out of something. But that's just me.
Edited by Seranai on 6/25/2013 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I have no plans of updating this for 5.4, for the record. If there were bigger changes with 5.3 than merely stat scaling, I would have already requested to have it taken down.

I just am not involved enough in Holy Paladin theorycrafting to stay up to date on much, and there are very clearly going to be tremendous changes in the 5.4 patch. This guide in its current state still works pretty well for Throne of Thunder, but I'm absolutely going to be ticketing to have it unstickied when 5.4 launches, because my healing knowledge will just be so hilariously outdated by that point.

Sorry folks :-( I'm a tank now!

Is it weird or wrong that I still judge every time it comes off cd? I just feel like its a part of what paladins do as it was in wrath. I miss the sound it used to make :(

I also just really like having the short burst of speed when I need it to get somewhere quick or move out of something. But that's just me.

Judgement is a waste of mana D-:

The only things we could possibly get from Judgement are Selfless Healer procs (and we are always taking Eternal Flame), the piddly damage it deals, and I guess Long Arm of the Law. I agree, I really did like the judging for mana playstyle (even when it was merely a 60 second buff to maintain in DS), but nowadays we just should avoid the spell.

06/19/2013 03:05 AMPosted by Lackjester
Mixing critical rating with mastery is vastly superior to stacking only one or the other. Just saying.

Explanation, source, math?

I mean, I understand that there is a lot of synergy between Crit and our Illuminated Healing shields, but you definitely need to provide evidence and a long explanation if you're going to say stuff like that.

Granted, with the Mastery nerf in 5.3, Crit rating does look much more attractive than it has all expansion. I'm not dismissing your claim at all (like I said, I'm pretty out of the loop).

And what do you do the next rampage? Sit there and pray?

Devotion Aura, Holy Radiance, LoD/EF, juggle beacons with DL/HL...

Those are things you can press in addition to popping cooldowns, or that are enhanced by your cooldowns. It's not as if you choose between using Avenging Wrath or casting heals... :-P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
To have all cd's for rampage 1 & 4 (or 2&5, 3&6) and then nothing for the others means a bigger strain on your co-healer for the other rampages. I'm not saying to never pop all your throughput cd's at once (like H Durumu where you can use all at once for Light Spectra since there is really no need in between), but for Megaera specifically where you can have a throughput CD up for EVERY rampage it seems really uneffective to blow it all at once.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For those of you who are healing ToT, beginning heroic, what are you shooting for spirit wise. I'm finding that mrrobot is putting me at 15k spirit and i'm not having a huge mana issue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you have LMG and HLG (which you do) you can drop some spirit in favor of mastery. As long as you play smart and people don't stand in fire.
Edited by Miskaqt on 8/9/2013 1:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I will be contacting Blizzard to have this taken down, since not only am I already fairly out of date, but I'm also quitting progression raiding entirely with 5.4 (for a while at least).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]