ALL Patch 5.1 Pet Battle Bugs Listed

90 Goblin Death Knight
Hah, in looking at the Lift-Off style skills, it looks like we forgot about the most fearsome of all the murloc arena warriors: http://www.wowdb.com/pet-abilities/761-heroic-leap

I wonder if Blizzard did too; maybe Reflection still works like the way it did pre-5.1 vs Heroic Leap?

You know, I completely forgot about the rarely seen Lift-Off moves.

There's Heroic Leap, Proto-Strike, and Rocket Launch (humanoid, dragonkin, and mechanical respectively).

They probably hit other pets that are in "Lift-Off" (I have no way to test this, but it makes sense considering the interactions between dive, burrow, and submerged). They should probably be added to all sections that are relevant to Lift-Off as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'll not sure if you can call this a bug, but I am fighting some Eternal Striders in the vale, and they are opening with, at full health, healing wave.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Early Advantage spell isn't consistent with how the tooltip is worded. It doesn't do double damage very often if you have lower health, some players said it only does double damage if after first hit you still have lower health...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/07/2013 10:18 PMPosted by Surrender
They probably hit other pets that are in "Lift-Off" (I have no way to test this, but it makes sense considering the interactions between dive, burrow, and submerged). They should probably be added to all sections that are relevant to Lift-Off as well.

If both pets are up in the air they can hit each other, just like you said... same if both pets burrow. I've had this happen multiple times when using seagull vs another flying pet. Both lift off, both can strike each other...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Reflecting FFF's Wind-Up Attack causes you to just wind up instead (not do the actual attack). Probably same for all other spells that work the same way where they power up first turn, attack second turn.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Reflect will reflect multiple attacks, but only the last one will be actually reflected. Shouldn't all of the stacked reflected attacks be hitting the other side?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Cast Blizzard
Cast Sunlight to override the weather (same round I think)
Howling Blast will still act as if everyone is chilled and do additional damage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I've skimmed the 4 pages of comments and don't think I saw the following:

When starting a battle the opponent will show as one breed id then magically switch to another breed id 2 seconds later. I'm not sure if it's a bug with the breed id addon I'm using (Battle Pet BreedId) or something that is happening "behind the scenes" with the game. Kinda frustrating when you see a breed you want and then *poof* it's something else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
  • Deep Freeze ignores the Critter passive and Arcane Winds' anti-stun.

Clobber (used by Fezwick) ignores it as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/08/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Ptsd
Deep Freeze ignores the Critter passive and Arcane Winds' anti-stun.

Seen that too. It sometimes works on critters in the wild, and sometimes not...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
That's a lot of text to sit through, but if it's not mentioned - you can still be stunned during arcane storm.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/08/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Sventizz
That's a lot of text to sit through, but if it's not mentioned - you can still be stunned during arcane storm.

That's listed but only with Deep Freeze. Apparently Clobber as well?

Do you know of any other stuns that work during Arcane Storm?

When starting a battle the opponent will show as one breed id then magically switch to another breed id 2 seconds later. I'm not sure if it's a bug with the breed id addon I'm using (Battle Pet BreedId) or something that is happening "behind the scenes" with the game. Kinda frustrating when you see a breed you want and then *poof* it's something else.

That's a good comment.

It could be either Blizzard or the addon, and it is really hard to tell. I will try to see if I can make some tests for it.
Edited by Simca on 1/8/2013 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
01/08/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Simca

That's listed but only with Deep Freeze. Apparently Clobber as well?

Do you know of any other stuns that work during Arcane Storm?

Ice Tomb. Happened to me on that frost whelp in south Dragonblight.
Edited by Sventizz on 1/8/2013 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just encountered another possible bug involving the spell "Early Advantage, in that it hit a pet while the pet was "Unattackable"... well, here's the log for it.

[19:44:22] [Pet Battle]: [Launch] applied [Flying] to enemy Goliath.
[19:44:23] [Pet Battle]: [Early Advantage] missed enemy Goliath.
[19:44:24] [Pet Battle]: [Early Advantage] dealt 312 damage to enemy Goliath (Strong).
[19:44:42] [Pet Battle]: Round 2
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

That's a good comment.

It could be either Blizzard or the addon, and it is really hard to tell. I will try to see if I can make some tests for it.

FYI - I've tried to pay better attention to this "bug" and it doesn't happen every fight. To me that would seem that it's not the addon that is messing up, but something that's going on with the game. I would assume that if it were the addon messing up it would happen every time. Not sure if that helps or not. Also, it doesn't matter if it's a rare, uncommon, common or poor quality pet. I've seen it happen on a variety of qualities. And as far as I've noticed it's doing it to just the first pet in the encounter.
Edited by Sheeturself on 1/8/2013 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

That's a good comment.

FYI - I've tried to pay better attention to this "bug" and it doesn't happen every fight. To me that would seem that it's not the addon that is messing up, but something that's going on with the game. I would assume that if it were the addon messing up it would happen every time. Not sure if that helps or not. Also, it doesn't matter if it's a rare, uncommon, common or poor quality pet. I've seen it happen on a variety of qualities. And as far as I've noticed it's doing it to just the first pet in the encounter.

Yeah, it's very possible that the bug you're seeing (I see it too sometimes) is this:

• Pet Battle-related Events may be failing to fire correctly. This bug listing is mainly a heads up to developers as to where to look for probable cause for many of the more obscure bugs listed in this thread; at the beginning of Patch 5.1.0, I saw issues when I created an addon to do operations based on PET_BATTLE_OPENING_START. Occasionally the addon would not work and I tracked the bug to the PET_BATTLE_OPENING_START event not being fired (well not being shown to the client anyway).

It happens to me with the rarity borders too (which none of my addons touch), but it is -possible- that one addon is delaying the battle enough to cause lag in the following Blizzard code (though one would suspect the Blizzard code would run first?).
Edited by Simca on 1/8/2013 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
95 Troll Druid
I one wanted to add something I've noticed. I'm sorry if it was already mentioned. I read the first 2 pages but not the entire thing.

I have noticed another issue with Reflect. If a pet has used Survival you can use Reflect and if you reflect a damaging attack back at the creature that does enough damage that should kill it the creature will die instead of stopping at 1 health.

I don't think this is intended but I've done it a ton of times while leveling pets in Vot4W.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
A pretty minor UI issue I've come across.

You can change pet order and skills during a pet battle.

If you change the pet order of a pet that levels up; the toast notification shows the pet name / skills for the new pet.

For instance:
pet A is lvl 3 and in slot 1
during battle you swap pet B into slot 1
pet A dings after battle
Toast shows pet B has reached lvl 4; pet B has unlocked a new skill (at least this will be pet B's skill), ect.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for all the bugs everyone! I am going to update the OP with the bugs from Pages 3 and 4 of this thread tonight, then I'll create a copy of this thread in PTR Bug Reports too.

Self-reminder: Stacks of arcane blast and stuff reset on enemy pet swap/death (probably not intended)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Did you link on twitter yet? Any response?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]