Please be professional with your customers

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
The link to where I found this post is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415516210?page=5#89

Rygarius
Community Manager Edited by Rygarius on 1/1/13 2:41 PM (PST)

The discussion didn't take long to derail. Locking the thread.

Take away: Don't confuse honesty with honestly being a jerk to fellow forum goers. Be nice to each other, abide by the rules, look both ways before crossing, and we'll get through 2013!

I don't think someone in the position of Community Manager should be refering to any of Blizzard's customers (subscribers) in any negative manner suck as "jerk", wheather that person deserved to be called one or not.
I expect that type of forum behavior from the customers, but not from anyone at Blizzard, in Blizzard's employ or performing any type of moderation on Blizzard's behalf. I expect any post created by a "blue" or even a "green" to be nothing short of professional, no matter what the situation is like that they are involved with.

I am in retail in a very high end men's clothing store, I know this and conduct myself accordingly EVEN with extremely "difficult" customers and trust me we get some doozies.

I'm not trying to cause any problems or start a big ordeal. I just think a statement like the one above is very unprofessional.
90 Human Warrior
The community manager in question was doing his/her job making sure the forum remains civil, and such being a jerk to other forums, and derailing threads is a sure way to get it deleted or locked may I say more?
90 Draenei Monk
Oh go away.
90 Human Warlock
Jerk.
60 Tauren Priest
not sure whose hotter:

Falinari or Carbaria

skype both
Edited by Expose on 1/7/2013 11:42 AM PST
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com Is the place you would want to express this.
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
Rygarius's advice there was practical and sound. I think you (the op) got confused at thinking he was speaking at someone specific rather than make a general truism.

However more importantly, Rygarius is not a customer service rep.

Also I don't know why you would expect a green's post to be 'professional'. We are players. You get paid as much as we do.
Edited by Snowfox on 1/7/2013 11:48 AM PST
33 Undead Priest
There is a distinction you are failing to make. He did not say that they were jerks (even though, lets face it, we are), he said they were BEING jerks to fellow forum goers.

It's important to understand the difference. Child psychology, for instance, tells you that you never tell your children that they are bad, but that they are being bad.

Basically I am telling you that you are overreacting, and to stop being so sensitive. Too much of that nonsense in this world and this game already.
Really - are we here again? Talking about how we think the CM's should act?

If you need to think about it a certain way, Blizzard thinks you're a jerk. Blizzard is probably right.
87 Human Warlock
The link to where I found this post is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415516210?page=5#89

Rygarius
Community Manager Edited by Rygarius on 1/1/13 2:41 PM (PST)

The discussion didn't take long to derail. Locking the thread.

Take away: Don't confuse honesty with honestly being a jerk to fellow forum goers. Be nice to each other, abide by the rules, look both ways before crossing, and we'll get through 2013!

I don't think someone in the position of Community Manager should be refering to any of Blizzard's customers (subscribers) in any negative manner suck as "jerk", wheather that person deserved to be called one or not.
I expect that type of forum behavior from the customers, but not from anyone at Blizzard, in Blizzard's employ or performing any type of moderation on Blizzard's behalf. I expect any post created by a "blue" or even a "green" to be nothing short of professional, no matter what the situation is like that they are involved with.

I am in retail in a very high end men's clothing store, I know this and conduct myself accordingly EVEN with extremely "difficult" customers and trust me we get some doozies.

I'm not trying to cause any problems or start a big ordeal. I just think a statement like the one above is very unprofessional.

If you can't tell the difference between utilizing "jerk" as a description of action rather than an identification of an individual, you have no business describing how others conduct themselves professionally on the matter.
90 Troll Druid
OP, you (probably unknowingly) are incorrectly indicating that Ry was calling the poster in the original thread a jerk. If you read carefully, you'll see that Ry is merely stating that acting like a jerk towards others is grounds for your thread to be deleted/closed and potential disciplinary action to be taken.

I remember that original thread and wholeheartedly agree with what Ry was saying - absolutely nothing wrong with any of it.

Further to that, sometimes there's no getting around telling your clients they're acting like d-bags, because let's face it - sometimes they are.
90 Draenei Monk
01/07/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Notsensible
If you can't tell the difference between utilizing "jerk" as a description of action rather than an identification of an individual, you have no business describing how others conduct themselves professionally on the matter.

Your name is a lie.
87 Human Warlock
01/07/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Feihun

Your name is a lie.

Always makes me smile when this is brought up lol. :)
88 Draenei Paladin
01/07/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Xanzül
Sometimes it is good customer service is to actually tell angry whiny irrational unreasonable customers that they can either quit being condescending jackasses or get out.

+1
Community Manager
01/07/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Lull
wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com Is the place you would want to express this.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]