Hm.. is this server dead?

90 Pandaren Rogue
Horde side.

I haven't reached level 90 yet so I can't really tell all that well but I don't see much horde activity especially when it comes to raiding and that really concerns me as I play this game for the raiding content.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Its because raiding sucks
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
There are quite a few raiding guilds on horde side. From the serious and dedicated to the super casual. There's just not as many of us as there used to be, and there are quite a few more on Alliance side.
Reply Quote
20 Human Warrior
It really is quite sad, its been downhill every since play stopped doing 25's. I remember when you could sit and watch trade chat for 20 minutes and get into any raid currently going on, now its like a ghost town.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
it's cuz the skill level of pug players has gone down the crap tube. Blizz made it not as easy as wrath was. :)
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Shaman
01/13/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Spitefull
It really is quite sad, its been downhill every since play stopped doing 25's. I remember when you could sit and watch trade chat for 20 minutes and get into any raid currently going on, now its like a ghost town.

^ This. I often wonder why Hellscream says "Full." I highly doubt that is the case unless it's just burdened with cancelled accounts that aren't really online.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
01/29/2013 03:09 AMPosted by Shaundi

^ This. I often wonder why Hellscream says "Full." I highly doubt that is the case unless it's just burdened with cancelled accounts that aren't really online.

ding ding ding
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/29/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Klypsafya

ding ding ding

That's probably part of it, but I know (at least from alliance PoV) a large part of it is Hellscream doesn't have the strong raiding base it used to, I know numbers are down across the bored on the Horde side (which makes me incredibly sad), on Alliance though there's still a lot of people, they just only log in to do dailies/pet battles now though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I used to play on Hellscream years ago, like 5 years ago. I rolled one of my full page of toons to Winterhoof back when they opened that up for free transfer due to the queue times on Hellscream. The other characters still remain there. I strongly believe this is why Hellscream is listed as "Full". I also know IRL at least 20 people that played on Hellscream in Vanilla and TBC that haven't touched the game in at least 5 years, their toons still reside here as well.

Hellscream is one of the original 6 or so from beta, the pop will never drop from "Full" unless Blizz archives some of these old, unused accounts from 2006/07.

With this server being full you can't really attract any new guilds to the server so in short, no this server isn't dead, YET. But soon will be, if Blizz doesn't act on the old accounts.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Shaman
I also know IRL at least 20 people that played on Hellscream in Vanilla and TBC that haven't touched the game in at least 5 years, their toons still reside here as well.

Hellscream is one of the original 6 or so from beta, the pop will never drop from "Full" unless Blizz archives some of these old, unused accounts from 2006/07.

With this server being full you can't really attract any new guilds to the server so in short, no this server isn't dead, YET. But soon will be, if Blizz doesn't act on the old accounts.

Excellent point. I also know several people that stopped playing and/or "left the island." A lot went to Emerald Dream and a couple other realms. Anyway, I hope Bliz does something soon too. I remember when you couldn't go two minutes without someone spamming for a pug raid and I rarely see this anymore. So sad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/11/2013 04:25 AMPosted by Shaundi
Excellent point. I also know several people that stopped playing and/or "left the island." A lot went to Emerald Dream and a couple other realms. Anyway, I hope Bliz does something soon too. I remember when you couldn't go two minutes without someone spamming for a pug raid and I rarely see this anymore. So sad.

To be fair, MoP raids are much less pug friendly then most other tiers have been, it's intended too as the PuG raiding is suppose to be reserved for A) LFR, B) Older Tiers (which we don't have in MoP yet).

Not saying it's a good or bad thing, it's just what Blizzard is purposely trying to do. Running GDKP in ToC (or even ICC) was easy on normals, could you imagine trying to run one on something like Amber-Shaper?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I think the old and/or inactive accounts is the main problem with the lack of activity. I have been on this server since original beta and have never seen it this slow.

My guild got a late start raiding and has been recruiting for a few DPS for months now and we can't find anyone. All the raiders have been picked up by other guilds and we can't get new ones in because of the server population being being full.

If you do a census of Hellscream and one of the popular servers right now (like Aerie Peak) you will find the popular server has 300%-400% more people online at any given time then on Hellscream. And yet Hellscream's population if full and the other server is not.

It's a problem for sure and I hope Blizzard does something soon.
Edited by Braxton on 2/17/2013 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
20 Human Warrior
back in wrath you would just log on and people would invite you to a raid.
that's nothing to do with wrath or the game, but the number of active players online. there's nobody on like there was 6 to 7 years ago.
Edited by Spitefull on 2/24/2013 6:51 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]