Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Yeah he absolutely is. I'll AOE his adds down, but I end up killing them all. I cannot pick and choose which ones to AOE down. So obviously the boss will enrage. And I cannot single target the adds since by the time I kill them all a set of new adds will have appeared. Adds respawn as far as I can tell every 8ish seconds. Therefore I try and kill the Boss fast w/ Burst. But no matter what I do the adds end up overwealming me. This fight as far as I can tell is a fing joke for Rets.
you done raging?
if so instead of blaming your spec for your losses how about trying the following:
* make sure you are using everything your spec has to offer... in terms of both offence AND defence..
* make sure you are using the brawlers potions... and that you are prepoting them (use one right when your teleported inside the arena... then your able to still use another one during the fight).
* make sure you are killing only 4 of the adds at a time... killing more then that increases the boss's dps. (best way to do this is to kill the adds as soon as they show up.)
* look at your talents/glyphs to make sure you are using everything that benafits for you for this single fight... different talents/glyphs benafit different situations.
* finaly group up with others to get raid buffs/healthstones so you can get that added advantage... also use a flask/food.
Its true that some specs have a hard time for some of the fights in brawler's guild... but its not impossble for any dps spec. Work at it.
Edited by Zinstorm on 1/11/2013 9:04 AM PST
you done raging?
Yes man I do all of this accept for the flask food and buff part since noone is around to buff. Had him to 473k and that was just luck b/c my divine purpose just happened to proc like 10 times in a row. I know he's doable, but nearly for ret. I've been playing a ret paladin for 7 years and trust me when I say I know exactly what button to press every time. Thx for the advice though man. I'll just keep going at it.
He starts with 4 adds, and spawns a new set every 8 seconds.
He only enrages if you kill 5 too quickly. You should be able to kill the first set almost as soon as the boss spawns and have his little enragey buff fall off before the next set even spawns so that you can take those out immediately, then rinse and repeat.
If you understand mechanics, you can kill it.
If you are using DP, especially for Brawler's Guild, you are gimping yourself.
Yikkan Izu was personally one of the easier ones for me, but I used SW and he died in like 30 seconds =/
Take care of the adds FAST, and use stuns. If he does enrage, I know for a fact that you can Divine Shield and HoJ him throughout that entire duration even if you make a mistake.
Don't kill more than 4
If anything, this is easier as a Ret paladin than most classes, as most fights are.
you done raging?
Yup, this guy's got everything on the nose. Especially the working your glyphs/talents around specifically for the brawl.
Admittedly, I had a good bit of trouble with Yikkan at first. Then I did some reading, asking around and generally just picked anyone's brain that would let me. Switched to Demonology, changed a talent or two (gg stuns) and basically just kited him around the ring.
The good news is, once you get past him you're basically given a free pass to rank 7.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.