PvP Lounge

100 Human Hunter
01/15/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Yumemaria
You can't dictate what people can post in your thread

I did read the first post actually was a waste of time. But i was trying to be polite since you said no drama and what not. If you dont want to show others respect why should we show you any?

And Burnthesky is right. You can "make rules" but your no GM. All your threats are empty words of anger. Grow up and see past it and atleast agree this serve needs pvp help. However like I said it shouldn't be from someone accused of win-trading. Not saying you did but it is rather fishy. If you look at it from everyone else's point of view. The point is earned or not, You yourself have too much drama and are constantly being rude, and or calling people out on forms like a super star. (its annoying) Let someone else Try something like this. Someone that isn't well known yet or not in your guild. Someone that wants the same thing we both want to make the server better at pvp. Honestly why your rude to another pvper that wants to help other pvpers is very odd and ignorant to me but do as you will.

I was not being rude at all. He defied Blizzard's Code of Conduct and I called him on it and gave him a warning. He has not posted anything since, so he is no longer being a problem. You however, are defiling my thread with these ignorant and inaccurate posts. This is also against the Code of Conduct.

01/15/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Wavepaw
even if rykinia can be all the things you state. the fact is that over his multiple posts in this thread he has not in fact done any of them. it seems you are bringing past emotions twards him in this subject. I am not sticking up for him and what he has done in the past but when it comes down to it help in ether pvp or pve isnt decided by who is saying it as much as what is said. if he gives bad info or misleads people then it is not helpfull but it doesnt matter who says it as long as what is said is acurate.

^I have only met this person once, and I agree completely. Although over the past my posts and threads were not always reputable examples, but I decided to help the PvP community this time around. Everything Wavepaw stated was 100% correct, and their post was void of ignorance.

Right now, Yume, you are the only one here that is being rude. You are also breaking the rules. I politely request for the second time that you remove yourself from this thread, or change your behavior immediately.
Reply Quote
91 Human Mage
01/14/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Rykinia
I politely request that you remove yourself from this thread
You can't tell people to stop posting. If you bring up the difference between request and tell, I won't bother responding because the point still stands.

edit: I agree with wave. The name or portrait of the person posting shouldn't matter.
Edited by Burnthesky on 1/15/2013 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
01/15/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Burnthesky
I politely request that you remove yourself from this thread
You can't tell people to stop posting. If you bring up the difference between request and tell, I won't bother responding because the point still stands.

edit: I agree with wave. The name or portrait of the person posting shouldn't matter.

This is off topic. Let's get back to the original purpose of this thread.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
01/15/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Yumemaria
You can't dictate what people can post in your thread

I did read the first post actually was a waste of time. But i was trying to be polite since you said no drama and what not. If you dont want to show others respect why should we show you any?

And Burnthesky is right. You can "make rules" but your no GM. All your threats are empty words of anger. Grow up and see past it and atleast agree this serve needs pvp help. However like I said it shouldn't be from someone accused of win-trading. Not saying you did but it is rather fishy. If you look at it from everyone else's point of view. The point is earned or not, You yourself have too much drama and are constantly being rude, and or calling people out on forms like a super star. (its annoying) Let someone else Try something like this. Someone that isn't well known yet or not in your guild. Someone that wants the same thing we both want to make the server better at pvp. Honestly why your rude to another pvper that wants to help other pvpers is very odd and ignorant to me but do as you will.

YOU made this thread take on a negative tone as I'm quickly seeing you do in most threads. Just in case you missed it. I'm an outsider coming in with a fresh perspective and all I see is someone who thinks their opinion is the most important trying to bash everyone else. I'm going out on a limb here but I'd argue your RL social interactions don't go very well for you either.

On to the OP's topic, I think doing anything to foster a tighter pvp community on this server is a great idea. I miss that from my previous server (xferred over here to play with family). Don't let people like Yuma discourage you -honestly I think it would be better if people just ignored people like this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I give this forum "drama" a Glink/10.

On topic: How's this battlegroup in arena? My mains are all on Bloodlust and this season is full of backpeddling, keyboard-turning warriors with carried/win-traded T2 weapons in the 1500 bracket.

Any decent arena partners to be had on this server? I play here with old friends, but they don't pvp so I wouldn't mind hooking up with whatever network of pvpers are around here.
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
We have a pvp channel you might want to join just type in your chat box:

/join fizzcrankpvp

01/16/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Exitious
On to the OP's topic, I think doing anything to foster a tighter pvp community on this server is a great idea.

Couldn't agree more, beats trolling.

Rykinia how about a run down on the current viable 3's comps?
Edited by Boudecca on 1/17/2013 12:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
01/17/2013 08:41 AMPosted by Magdelia
How's this battlegroup in arena?

It's one of the worst ones.

Any decent arena partners to be had on this server? I play here with old friends, but they don't pvp so I wouldn't mind hooking up with whatever network of pvpers are around here.

Not exactly, but that really just depends on the rating you'd like to push for. I can throw you some names.

01/17/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Boudecca
Rykinia how about a run down on the current viable 3's comps?

From what I remember(I don't recall all of the names):

KFC (Hunter/Warrior/Heals (pref hpally))
Shatterplay/Cleave (God Comp) (Frost Mage/Shadow Priest/Resto Shaman/Druid(Good hpallies are viable))
RPD/RPS (Rogue/Shadow Priest/Resto Shaman/Druid)
Thug Cleave (Rogue/Hunter/Healer)
TSG (Warrior/DK/Holy Paladin)
RMP (Rogue/Mage/Priest (Consider this only for a very skilled team))
Mage/Warrior/Heals
Lumberjack Cleave (Warrior/Warrior/Resto Druid (Other heals are viable))
Turbo Cleave (Warrior/Enhance Shaman/Holy Paladin)
Balance Druid/Affliction Warlock/Resto Shaman
Unholy DK/Shadow Priest/Resto Shaman/Mist Monk

There's tons of other comps, but if you throw me a class I might be able to give you a comp.

Please note that some of these comps take more skill than others, and some require little skill at all. On top of the fact that a number of them require a specific type of healer, while others can have any type of healers, or only a couple types.

I do not have all the answers, but I can give some specifics.

And please note that the majority of all Mage and Hunter teams require you to be Frost and Beast Mastery, respectively. It is not recommended to play Fire or Marksmanship unless you are a very skilled player.

If you want an idea of how skilled you are, compare yourself to other players in arena that are higher rated than you on your server (in this case Fizzcrank). Have a duel or wargame with them and get their advice.
Edited by Rykinia on 1/17/2013 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter

YOU made this thread take on a negative tone as I'm quickly seeing you do in most threads. Just in case you missed it. I'm an outsider coming in with a fresh perspective and all I see is someone who thinks their opinion is the most important trying to bash everyone else. I'm going out on a limb here but I'd argue your RL social interactions don't go very well for you either.

On to the OP's topic, I think doing anything to foster a tighter pvp community on this server is a great idea. I miss that from my previous server (xferred over here to play with family). Don't let people like Yuma discourage you -honestly I think it would be better if people just ignored people like this.

I fully agree with and respect your post. It was my intention to bring other people that I do not see often into this thread and to provide their input, or ask questions. You are evidence of this being a success.
Edited by Rykinia on 1/17/2013 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
One more thing, this is also a fine place to add in PvP music. Music that you listen to while PvPing- but please don't just post a song, make a post about your debatable opinion or whatever and then add in your song at the bottom. It's totally optional, you don't have to if you don't want people to know that you listen to Carly Rae Jepsen in Twin Peaks or if you're just that lazy.
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
While doing FTA, I listen to "The Immigrant Song" by Led Zepplin.

Old but great rocking toon, hard heavy drums, screeching vocals :)

Please take the time to look it up and listen to it. I think the lyrics say it all:

Ah, ah,
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.
The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.

Ah, ah,
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore,
Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords.

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.

So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.
Edited by Boudecca on 1/17/2013 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/17/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Rykinia
this is also a fine place to add in PvP music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdK-TD7V-s A theme song for rogues.. very famous throughout WoW
Reply Quote
91 Human Mage
this is also a fine place to add in PvP music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdK-TD7V-s A theme song for rogues.. very famous throughout WoW

please don't just post a song
lol reads one line -> posts
Edited by Burnthesky on 1/17/2013 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
01/17/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Burnthesky

please don't just post a song

Lol'd
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Good news everyone

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8397168/PvP_Gear_in_52_and_Beyond-1_17_2013

Now everyone can get T2
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Mid-Season Catch Up

Players who are starting their journey into PvP mid-season start significantly behind the gearing curve. While we want to avoid invalidating the effort of players that have competed for the whole season, we agree with the feedback we’ve received that the starting gap is too large, so a new Conquest Point catch-up cap will be implemented using the following formula:

(Current week of the season) * 1000 – (Conquest earned thus far this season)

Here are some examples of how this will work:
Player A is starting PvP for the first time in week 10 of the season, and hasn’t earned any Conquest Points at all that season. He will have an additional cap of 10,000 points added to his normal weekly rating based cap.
Player B has already earned 5,000 Conquest Points by week 10, so she would have an additional cap of 5,000 points added to her normal weekly rating based cap.
Player C has been playing all season long, and has earned more than 10,000 Conquest Points by week 10. He only has the normal weekly cap to work with (but should already be on their way to being well geared).
If a player “redeems” their catch up cap by earning all those points, then they’ll begin the next week at their normal weekly rating based cap. Should they miss more weeks, then the catch up cap accrues again.

I really like this! This is a huge benefit to dual players like myself, as I enjoy pvp later in expansions following pve content clears. This makes me very happies.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Mid-Season Catch Up

Players who are starting their journey into PvP mid-season start significantly behind the gearing curve. While we want to avoid invalidating the effort of players that have competed for the whole season, we agree with the feedback we’ve received that the starting gap is too large, so a new Conquest Point catch-up cap will be implemented using the following formula:

(Current week of the season) * 1000 – (Conquest earned thus far this season)

Here are some examples of how this will work:
Player A is starting PvP for the first time in week 10 of the season, and hasn’t earned any Conquest Points at all that season. He will have an additional cap of 10,000 points added to his normal weekly rating based cap.
Player B has already earned 5,000 Conquest Points by week 10, so she would have an additional cap of 5,000 points added to her normal weekly rating based cap.
Player C has been playing all season long, and has earned more than 10,000 Conquest Points by week 10. He only has the normal weekly cap to work with (but should already be on their way to being well geared).
If a player “redeems” their catch up cap by earning all those points, then they’ll begin the next week at their normal weekly rating based cap. Should they miss more weeks, then the catch up cap accrues again.

I really like this! This is a huge benefit to dual players like myself, as I enjoy pvp later in expansions following pve content clears. This makes me very happies.

I absolutely agree. Blizzard is taking a big step in the right direction. It may not look like it, but this is actually improving PvP balance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/17/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Burnthesky
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Here are some suggestions for songs:

listen to these while....

Duelling against warriors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pWEtpcFCjo (also Mighty Warrior and Hard lessons By Opuzz)

Playing as an elemental shammy with your cooldowns popped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MBX-JJblLY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbegtz48yOw

Dueling against a very skilled rogue as a MELEE class
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdEtkuv3E9Q

Playing as a Wind Walker Monk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CjH9E1hA_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PynIGY0b6HM

When you turn the tides in pvp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cljFWmmPTP8

Then there's the classic dubstep and metal stuff, like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gcEyO-XqAw

I would like to suggest Lindsey Stirling's songs and Monstercat's channel on youtube.

And finally songs used in my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lixhC7WEGf4&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Dueling against a very skilled rogue as a MELEE class
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdEtkuv3E9Q

Going out on a limb here and say that you'd play that song while dueling my rogue?
Edited by Rykinia on 1/17/2013 11:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
You should explain the diminishing effects of pvp power and why it's more effective to gem resil over pvp power.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]