PvP Lounge

100 Human Hunter
01/18/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Magdelia
You should explain the diminishing effects of pvp power and why it's more effective to gem resil over pvp power.

I haven't quite familiarized myself with PvP Power beside the fact that it increases my damage.

But it is absolutely more effective to gem Resilience.

I'll look more into it later.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
http://battlemasters.org/graphs/mpsg7.png

PvP Power gets significantly less effective after around 10,000; meanwhile, PvP resilience never becomes less effective. Damage mitigated by PvP resilience is calculated AFTER PvP power.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
If you didn't get a chance to read the pvp changes in 5.2, here's a quick video that discusses why these changes are really excellent/important - we could see, potentially, a huge improvement in the pvp gameplay and pvp community next patch which is happy news for many players who stopped taking this aspect of the game seriously long ago (myself included). I'm really super excited about it! What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJUV6pm8js&feature=youtube
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/20/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Jezaebel
). I'm really

excited

happy

about it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The 5.2 changes are fantastic. The loss of T2 "elite" gear is going to do a lot toward eliminating the market for win-trading, pilots, and carries in RBGs. Really, the only people against doing away with T2 are the ones who profit from the gear gap or those who need that gear gap because they lack the skill to play competitively. It'll be nice to see a return to the "skill>gear" style of playing, rather than the reverse. My mains are on Bloodlust, where 2.2k is likely going to be glad range and T2 weapons are practically a necessity just to break 1800.

The mid-season gear grind will still be a challenge, but not quite so daunting for people like me, who pvp on many different toons.

But like everything PvP-related that Blizz does, we really just have to hold our breath and hope for the best.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
01/20/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Sinnerxxs
). I'm really

excited

happy

about it!

<3 <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297383927?page=21#419

Apparently, the Tyrannical Elite gear is not going to be cosmetic only, as many thought. There will be some stat differences. There's also going to be a 5k CP cap to prevent people from saving up conquest points.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Apparently, the Tyrannical Elite gear is not going to be cosmetic only, as many thought. There will be some stat differences

Ok.

01/22/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Magdelia
There's also going to be a 5k CP cap to prevent people from saving up conquest points.

WTF?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Edited by Sinnerxxs on 1/22/2013 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Shaman
Can you write a guide on how to get 2400 in RBGs without win-trading?

Hint: No, you can't.

Can you write a guide on how to completely disregard the rules of my topic and risk yet another ban?

I apologize for a late reply. I met a little lady named Starcraft II a while ago so WoW is little concern to me now. I am not even sure if I got banned from the forums, but I couldn't care either way. I was completely aware of my off-topic post, it seems silly to think otherwise since when I read your first post you clearly stated you wish people would stay on-topic and ask serious questions related to PvP.

Anyway:

You made a thread centered around helping others in PvP. Although I can't say their is anything bad about it, I can't help but recall this:

You stated your way of helping people become better at PvP is by insulting them, if I am correctly remembering things.

Does that not seem strange, that one would sway from intentionally hurtful insults to "help" people to openly offering aid in a kind/serious manor?

I sure think its weird to say the least. Maybe you should make up your mind in your methods of helping the Fizzcrank community. If I was looking to ask for help, and I looked at another thread on the same very page that is full of insults from you, the OP, I would definitely reconsider asking here. Changing your ways of trying to better people so suddenly does no help in doing what you want to accomplish, just ask Mitt Romney.

Also, I have my thread with proof towards your guild win-trading (backed and approved by Rensuke) on a Words document, and I still have a ton of stuff I was asked by him not to share, so you could keep your account. I agree with Yume on how this is rather "fishy".

I am not hating in any way, but am rather stating truthful facts/my opinion. I have another post on that thread of transmog contest bull!@#$ relating to the difference between being a hater/sore loser and having an opinion.

Bye.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Man, I'm digging this carebear server.

/popcorn
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter

Can you write a guide on how to completely disregard the rules of my topic and risk yet another ban?

I apologize for a late reply. I met a little lady named Starcraft II a while ago so WoW is little concern to me now. I am not even sure if I got banned from the forums, but I couldn't care either way. I was completely aware of my off-topic post, it seems silly to think otherwise since when I read your first post you clearly stated you wish people would stay on-topic and ask serious questions related to PvP.

Anyway:

You made a thread centered around helping others in PvP. Although I can't say their is anything bad about it, I can't help but recall this:

You stated your way of helping people become better at PvP is by insulting them, if I am correctly remembering things.

Does that not seem strange, that one would sway from intentionally hurtful insults to "help" people to openly offering aid in a kind/serious manor?

I sure think its weird to say the least. Maybe you should make up your mind in your methods of helping the Fizzcrank community. If I was looking to ask for help, and I looked at another thread on the same very page that is full of insults from you, the OP, I would definitely reconsider asking here. Changing your ways of trying to better people so suddenly does no help in doing what you want to accomplish, just ask Mitt Romney.

Also, I have my thread with proof towards your guild win-trading (backed and approved by Rensuke) on a Words document, and I still have a ton of stuff I was asked by him not to share, so you could keep your account. I agree with Yume on how this is rather "fishy".

I am not hating in any way, but am rather stating truthful facts/my opinion. I have another post on that thread of transmog contest bull!@#$ relating to the difference between being a hater/sore loser and having an opinion.

Bye.

Didn't read the whole thing, but..

Is there something terribly wrong with using several methods to help the community?

I'm not the only one on this thread that is helping.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=51#1020

Welcome back, godcomp.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

Anyway:

Bye.

As entertained as I was reading that thread you posted about win-trading, Bob, I think it's safe to say 'let it go'. It was the same thing when you flipped out about Peak. I know its frustrating that people use methods to get rating besides their own skill, however, this is not something new to the game and happens every single day. You yelling about the injustice of it is silly and ultimately a waste of time. How people get their rating is nobody's business but their own, whether they are ok with it being legitimate or not is up to them. I don't know about Emerald Dream, but on Tichondrius and Darkspear you can buy yourself 2.4k in arenas and rated bgs any day of the week, 24 hours a day, and it's advertised in trade. This is not something new or scandalous, so who cares!!?? Now you've tried to hijack a thread because you want to talk about something everybody already knows is a problem in pvp - its been discussed already by thousands of people, Blizz even had to reset arena ratings earlier this year because their system is retarded. Yet another example of someone from the 'Crank who apparently lives in a fishbowl.

Anyways
bout dem weapons and conquest points cap?
Edited by Jezaebel on 1/26/2013 7:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
For what it's worth, since some people seem kind of bent out of shape about it:

1. Serious pvpers do not consider RBGs any mark of skill. The mark of skill comes from 3v3 arena. RBGs are for fun and point caps.

2. You don't really need to rant about "proof." Armory is pretty easy. Unfortunately, with achievements being account-wide now, any rating earned legitimately on ANY toon will be eclipsed by achievement earned through win-trading. Access to useful resources like battlemasters will not be available, because anything above 1500 usually gets an armory check. Cheaters aren't realizing the long-term consequences because they're too busy taking their pixels seriously.

3. It's more productive to just report the players in-game to Blizz instead of creating drama on a public forum. It's entirely possible and probable that Blizz will throw out bans and such at the end of the season.

4. This is kind of a throwaway season anyway. Don't get too worked up over it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Back on topic though:

RMP is looking pretty good for a return next season. Although Blizz can kiss my grits about Spirit Shell not benefiting from mastery. Lame.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
RMP is viable now
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
01/26/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Palliemaster
RMP is viable now

Playable? Absolutely. Viable? Not really. Wear-down comps that require lots of setup and target swaps are having a hard time of it with the insane burst in the game right now. Priest definitely feels like the weak link in the comp atm.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
01/26/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Magdelia
RMP is viable now

Playable? Absolutely. Viable? Not really. Wear-down comps that require lots of setup and target swaps are having a hard time of it with the insane burst in the game right now. Priest definitely feels like the weak link in the comp atm.

He's probably just saying that because he lost to one at 1400 mmr
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]