PvP Lounge

90 Human Mage
I don't see the problem with GladiatorLoSSA. Unless you are expecting to be going to tournaments (where you cannot use any addons at all) or just want to get exponentially better at awareness (yes I'm looking at you GTFO pve addon) I say go for it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

The problem with this addon is that it does NOT improve awareness. You don't have to pay attention. You hear "Recklessness" and immediately go defensive, without paying any attention to the Warrior. There's no doubt that it is a great addon.

See, I would view it the opposite. Hearing Recklessness would make you pay attention to the warrior more, but I guess that depends on the player? If you consider your average player, when they walk into arena they probably are not going to know all of what their opponents have in their bag of tricks because they don't know all the class mechanics yet. This addon actually says what stuff is called, so you know what is going on, what happens when a player uses something, what it looks like etc. - without the addon, a player might be like 'wtf just happened to meh??'.

I still don't see a difference between hearing something and seeing it, but in pve I use both visual and auditory addon ques all the time, so I'm used to that type of interface.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
02/12/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Jansport
I don't see the problem with GladiatorLoSSA. Unless you are expecting to be going to tournaments (where you cannot use any addons at all) or just want to get exponentially better at awareness (yes I'm looking at you GTFO pve addon) I say go for it.

GTFO is a great addon for new raiders, and raiders with ADHD (o shiny!), not everyone can count on their visual sensory input!

edited to add: you can also use GTFO in collaboration with Power Auras for visual alerts, and if your computer runs on coal and your graphic settings need to be on low, it can help you 'see' effects that might not be seen otherwise. Not sure why this wouldn't 'improve awareness' -people are so visually biased! (sorry for hijacking threads about a pve addon)

Maybe people could post their UIs for what they use in arena/bgs and talk about why they chose that particular setup?
Edited by Jezaebel on 2/13/2013 7:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
How about this:

You are the President of the United States.

There is a guy sitting next to you.

He is telling you what to say, because you don't know what to say yourself.

You say what he tells you to say.

In the end, you learn nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
How about this:

You are the President of the United States.

There is a guy sitting next to you.

He is telling you what to say, because you don't know what to say yourself.

You say what he tells you to say.

In the end, you learn nothing.

Depends entirely on whether you think about what he is telling you before you actually say it, or just act like a parrot ;) I like that analogy though, I could see how this addon has the potential to be a total crutch for sure!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Gladiator LOSsa is pretty much the pvp version of DBM, which we can all pretty much agree is standard for all but the trailblazing raiders.

With all the new abilities (and even a completely new class) that MoP brought, it can be a handy add-on to have. I do recommend turning it off for RBGs though, as it can be very distracting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So, as promised: moving on to macros.

My all-time favorite macro as disc:
/cancelaura Power Word: Shield
/cancelaura Divine Aegis
/cancelaura Spirit Shell
/cast [@focus, exists, harm] Shadow Word: Death

This also works for Hpallies with Hand of Sac, just change around the /cancelauras.

And a very basic mouseover macro:
/cast [@mouseover, exists, harm][nomod] Spell

Change the "harm" to "noharm" if it's a friendly spell. This macro will cast your spell on your mouseover target if you have one and your current target if you don't have a mouseover target. I've found this helpful if I want to CC an enemy target without deselecting my current one (using Bg Targets or Gladius). This can be a hilarious way to outplay your opponent, since the other team will assume a CC on your current target. You do have to be careful about where your mouse is with these types of macros though, but they work for many different kinds of spells. For example, on my warlock, I use a mouseover macro for Fel Flame to quickly kill shaman totems without having to waste time tabbing or clicking them to target.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Focus Kidney Shot (Long range stun, remove Shadowstep for closer range)

#showtooltip Shadowstep
/castsequence [@focus] Redirect, Shadowstep, Kidney Shot

Focus Kick

#showtooltip Shadowstep
/castsequence [@focus] Shadowstep, Kick

Focus Silencing Shot (Remove [@focus] for current target)

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast [@focus] Silencing Shot or Scatter Shot

(If you're mid Steady/Cobra/Aimed/Powershot. Hunters need x2 /stopcasting for some reason.)

Will make you Feign Death/Deterrence while casting shots

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Feign Death/Deterrence
Edited by Ryiutiz on 2/14/2013 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
That's wierd that hunters need the extra /stopcasting. Anyone encountered any other classes like that?

I'm glad you mentioned /stopcasting macros though. They can be very handy for spells that you only cast on proc i.e. Pyroblast, SW:D. I also like them for spells that you cast while moving, like Scorch or during Spiritwalker's Grace so that you can more easily prevent getting interrupted.
Reply Quote
91 Human Mage
02/14/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Ryiutiz
If you're mid Steady/Cobra/Aimed/Powershot. Hunters need x2 /stopcasting for some reason.
Not anymore

Anyway, use this for general offensive spells/cc (assuming setting focus to enemies):
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod][mod:shift, @focus][mod:alt, @mouseover] spell

and this for helpful spells:
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod][mod:shift, @mouseover][mod:alt, @player] spell

Additionally, a /stopcasting may be added before the /cast if the spell is one that you would take priority over other things; ie bop or pain suppression
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
02/15/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Burnthesky
Not anymore

You do. When I had only one /stopcasting, I had to hit it twice before it would do what I wanted, unless this was changed like 3 weeks ago.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
PvP season officially ends March 5th.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Apparently the 'cosmetic' enchant that Blizzard implemented for 2200 players is not purely cosmetic.

Grants 400 PvP Power and 200 PvP Resilience and reduces disarm effects by 60% or whatever it is currently.

It glows red, according to another thread regarding this enchant; it only works on melee weapons.

Hunters get the short end of the stick yet again with enchants.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I was checking out AJ this morning and a fellow made a stat breakdown of this current season
http://www.hildegard-sprigglespruxx.net/2013/02/26/gladiator-representation-based-on-classes-and-realms-for-eu-and-us/

How can blizzard address the issues of low server pops and sub-par battlegroups? It seems the current system either forces you to server transfer or reroll if you want to be in a competitive environment.

I am not a competitive PvP'er ,obviously, but it just doesn't seem good for the game or the players ATM.

/shrug
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It's been this way for awhile now. It's only becoming an issue because fewer and fewer battlegroups are seeing enough activity to be truly competitive the way it has been in previous expansions. On the flip side, if you look at the top teams on this BG, nearly all of them xferred from the more competitive groups. The rank one team from Area 52 is from Tich. In fact, many people from Tich are starting to flood that server. That could potentially be beneficial for a battlegroup like this one, bringing more activity to the brackets.

BG9 is a mess right now, I can't blame people for wanting to leave it.

And people re-rolling FotM classes is nothing new either. Lately, when I get into bgs on my sub-90 toons, all I see are rogues. In 5.3, it'll be something else.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Speaking of FotM, I honestly had no idea warriors were so strong this season when i created this toon, so it actually turned out to be a nice surprise :)

I think it might be pretty cool to consolidate the BG's and create maybe... US East and West? and mayhaps have some kinda playoffs for regional --> national --> worlds? I have no idea what manner of server tech you'd need for this but I think Blizzard can handle the bill.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
It seems that they forgot to nerf warriors in 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It seems that they forgot to nerf warriors in 5.2

Nope. A warrior buddy of mine on KJ was complaining in vent last night while he was doing dailies..."gah, second wind is useless now."

Then he died, and I laughed on the inside.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Second wind is still good, lol
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Second wind is still good, lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]