Total loss of respect for blizzards blues...

100 Blood Elf Hunter
You know what makes me really mad and is a huge disappointment to the community? The Blues reps.

I always looked up real high and with respect to the dev and blizzard blues.. But all the time people give their thoughts and opinion about how broken the daily grind is and how horrible the roadblock has been for casuals that can't spend a million hours doing dailies outside work/school/family etc etc..

I lost a lot of respect because ALL I have read from them have been "Excuses and dodgy answers" I would love them to MAN UP and at least agree there is something wrong, it doesn't take a genius IQ to see how broken the new idea of dailies has been.

But it's always a misleading answer or an excuse like "You are not forced to do dailies" Answers that make absolutely no sense at all.. And I totally agree with the blues being so deceitful and defensive towards the community *You guys used to be better, REMEMBER those days?* If you guys say something bad about the people you work for, you are in trouble.. But if you have nothing REAL to say please refrain from doing so? Because we aren't stupid; we can tell when an answer is totally full of it like they have been every time blizzard blues have anything to say about "Mists of Grindaria" or like a lot have been calling it.. "Mist of Dailycraft".

The problem is you guys went 180 degrees in the opposite direction which was removing tabards and adding a million dailies. This wasn't a healthy balanced solution. You preferred option A and completely ignored B. IF you guys would have dailies and tabards; it would be a perfect balance of opinions. The daily lovers will do their dailies even if theres tabards and the ones that don't have time for them could do the tabard runs. SIMPLE SOLUTION......

By the way... This read is very interesting too *link at the bottom*: Sadly is in the EU forums.. The Game master replying to the players is a perfect example of how pathetic their 'voice' has gotten when speaking to the community.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297652888?page=1
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
I tend to wish we could post on the EU forums, I like those community managers better myself.
90 Night Elf Druid
My favourite is when they resort to a false equivalency and tell people to do scenarios, heroics and LFR for gear even though the rep factions clearly offer gear which has no peer outside of raiding.
97 Night Elf Warrior
All I see are whiny brats and morons who are angry and cranky that Blizzard disagrees with them and won't tolerate your fallacious and manipulative "arguments". You are over entitled and spoiled and seem to think Blizzard is a service industry here to serve you.
90 Human Paladin
01/16/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Degel
But all the time people give their thoughts and opinion about how broken the daily grind is and how horrible the roadblock has been for casuals that can't spend a million hours doing dailies outside work/school/family etc etc..

The thing is, these things are:

"Excuses and dodgy answers"

If you don't have the rep by now, it's for reasons other then time.

If I took your OP and swapped every instance of "Blizzard" with the "forum community", that would roughly reflect my opinion on the topic.
Edited by Yandere on 1/16/2013 10:53 AM PST
90 Dwarf Rogue
I think they show remarkable restraint given the nature of a lot crap that gets posted.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
For reference, this is the blue post the op is referring to:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297652888?page=5#96
89 Human Rogue
The "blues" that post on these forums are not the developers. They are community managers (cm's). Their job is not -- nor are they able to -- change aspects of the game. Their job is to pass on the input to the dev's. And, when possible, promote a positive posting atmoshere in general.

I've been reading and posting here, on and off, since December 2004. How people like Neth stay upbeat is beyond me. Some cm's can't take it (there have been some meltdowns). But in any event, it would help if people remembered that the "blues" we deal with are real people, fellow gamers in many cases, and they are not the ones who program this game. They are here to convey our input to the devs, and vice versa. A very unenviable position to be in, at least sometimes, given the caustic nature of this place.
85 Dwarf Warrior
OP is a troll. If they actually had had any amount of respect for the CM's then they would understand what their jobs entail and why they give the answers they give.
90 Orc Death Knight
01/16/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Veliladon
My favourite is when they resort to a false equivalency and tell people to do scenarios, heroics and LFR for gear even though the rep factions clearly offer gear which has no peer outside of raiding.

Maybe because Blizzard seems to think (as do I) that if you aren't raiding you don't deserve raid loot? it's really silly to me that people want this stuff but don't do what it takes.
90 Undead Rogue
This community does not deserve the respect of the blues. Respect is 2 way street but people treat it like a 1 way highway.
90 Human Paladin
You preferred option A and completely ignored B. IF you guys would have dailies and tabards; it would be a perfect balance of opinions. The daily lovers will do their dailies even if theres tabards and the ones that don't have time for them could do the tabard runs. SIMPLE SOLUTION......

Dailies and tabards existed in Catacylsm and Wrath. It wasn't balanced. Players tend to take the quickest route to a goal, not the most enjoyable. There are countless Blizzard posts on this topic. If you think Blizzard hasn't discussed these issues in depth, including an admission that they went overboard with the amount of dailies players felt compelled to do at launch, you simply haven't been paying attention.
These dudes should get our sympathy.

They're told to be liasons to the community, but can't really comment on anything contentious unless it's been dictated from higher up.

So they can't address our concerns, only post about adorable puppy battle pets and such. Any blue that gets more involved soon finds themselves taking a walk.
85 Worgen Death Knight
I think the community needs to MAN UP and stop complaining about everything.
90 Undead Rogue
01/16/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Yandere
Dailies and tabards existed in Catacylsm and Wrath. It wasn't balanced. Players tend to take the quickest route to a goal, not the most enjoyable. There are countless Blizzard posts on this topic. If you think Blizzard hasn't discussed these issues in depth, including an admission that they went overboard with the amount of dailies players felt compelled to do at launch, you simply haven't been paying attention.

They should have kept the 25 limit imo. People apparently cannot moderate themselves while playing online games.
Edited by Dalkin on 1/16/2013 11:01 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid

Maybe because Blizzard seems to think (as do I) that if you aren't raiding you don't deserve raid loot? it's really silly to me that people want this stuff but don't do what it takes.

It wasn't a sleight against raiders having better gear. It was saying that non-raiding character progression has rep gear as the unequivocally best gear despite the CMs trying to make it out as equivalent to LFR and dungeon gear. Which it's clearly not.

I don't think anyone has any quibbles or allusions with raid gear being head and shoulders above everything else. They just don't want dailies to be the exclusive source of the second best.
Edited by Veliladon on 1/16/2013 11:01 AM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter
You are a moron if you are complaining about daily quests. Plain and simple. You all spent so much time complaining and being mad about it you could have just done them and bought the rep gear.

This is the way the game will be. You have to actually play it if you want gear. Sorry.
100 Human Paladin
I lost respect because hello! Fuchsia is the new Blue!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]