Total loss of respect for blizzards blues...

90 Orc Monk
So the blue in the thread you linked gave alternatives on how to gear and you are complaining?
Edited by Ruderlyn on 1/16/2013 11:14 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
They're just parroting the company line, as expected. Dailies are their definition of content to keep people happier long term - apparently.
90 Orc Death Knight
01/16/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Elrith
All I see are whiny brats and morons who are angry and cranky that Blizzard disagrees with them and won't tolerate your fallacious and manipulative "arguments". You are over entitled and spoiled and seem to think Blizzard is a service industry here to serve you.

Well your type complained "welfare epics" , "wow is too easy" , "If you dont raid you dont need epics" etc etc... You complained, and Blizzard ruined it for everyone else.

Now we complain and you just want us to shut up, because you got what you wanted, "everyone else is miserable, yay me" ...

What is it about your type that really feels that casual and normal content should be banished or made so hard that no one does it but those with no job and no life, and those with no alts. etc
90 Orc Death Knight
From my perspective, Blues usually post accurate information that satisfy people's concerns. Not all of them because people make the some complaint threads 10x a day, but they usually have at least one comment on each issue.

Community Managers are not broken records, and there is no reason for them to keep repeating information to every single poster who says," OMFG DAILIES WHY HASN'T LFR GIVEN ME ALL THE LOOT IN ONE WEEK BLIZZ IS EVIL UNSUB"

You're complaining about dailies. They've actually addressed this multiple times. The posts make sense, it just comes down to how stubborn the individual is.

The problem isn't the game, the devs, or the blue posters. The problem is that people like you can't and will never admit that you might be wrong on an issue.
90 Human Warlock
01/16/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Elrith
All I see are whiny brats and morons who are angry and cranky that Blizzard disagrees with them and won't tolerate your fallacious and manipulative "arguments". You are over entitled and spoiled and seem to think Blizzard is a service industry here to serve you.

you must not understand how to read then. you can sense the attitude in blizzard's posts. its amazing to me considering we are their customers, but they are serving us an addicting "drug" and we keep coming back for more
90 Orc Death Knight
They're just parroting the company line, as expected. Dailies are their definition of content to keep people happier long term - apparently.

Dailies are not content. You have three options. A Basketball, A Soccer ball, and a machine that hits you in the nuts repeatedly. Maybe the first few times its something different you weren't expecting... but its painful and you understand quickly its not fun, and isn't something you want to keep doing.

Remove all the 496 items from Rep vendors. Put them on a vendor in Org for Valor. Put 476 items up on the Rep vendors, charge gold for them. Problem solved. NOW Reps are optional and equivilent to LFR/Heroics/Scenerios ...

Remove the Upgrade system entirely as it tells us, "hold your valor for BiS items" ... meaning your choices are wait forever for that stupid random drop ... RNG can potentially NEVER give you... or spend it on Upgrades... because buying that Helmet you arent getting... is a waste, you will get that drop the next week and feel terrible about wasting 2200 valor on something you just replaced, instead of upgrades.
Edited by Concequence on 1/16/2013 11:20 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
01/16/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Dalkin
Dailies and tabards existed in Catacylsm and Wrath. It wasn't balanced. Players tend to take the quickest route to a goal, not the most enjoyable. There are countless Blizzard posts on this topic. If you think Blizzard hasn't discussed these issues in depth, including an admission that they went overboard with the amount of dailies players felt compelled to do at launch, you simply haven't been paying attention.

They should have kept the 25 limit imo. People apparently cannot moderate themselves while playing online games.

I'm torn on that. I agree that people struggle with moderation, but restrictions aren't fun either.
90 Orc Death Knight

Dailies are not content. You have three options. A Basketball, A Soccer ball, and a machine that hits you in the nuts repeatedly. Maybe the first few times its something different you weren't expecting... but its painful and you understand quickly its not fun, and isn't something you want to keep doing.

Remove all the 496 items from Rep vendors. Put them on a vendor in Org for Valor.

The ONE faction that has 496 items? The faction that the daily quests are quick and painless? The faction that sells 496 items for valor? Spot on

Put 476 items up on the Rep vendors, charge gold for them. Problem solved. NOW Reps are optional and equivilent to LFR/Heroics/Scenerios ...

Hmm spend lots of time gaining reputation with a faction, or run a heroic dungeon. Which sounds like the easy way out. This game used to be difficult. Having an epic item was epic. Stuff like this had meaning. This community has changed so much now. You are not entitled to your god damn loot you need to work for it like everyone else. Running heroics facerolling your keyboard for 4 hours to grind to exalted is not work. It's silly.

Today I'm going to wear a purple shirt. That way the shado-pan, the sworn protectors of PANDARIA, will like me because I decided to kill scarlet crusaders wearing a purple shirt instead of a green one.

........No.... Just no....

People need to be out in the world, mindlessly queuing for dungeons is boring as hell and I guarentee that in two weeks you'd be complaining that you didn't have anything to do (4.3 anyone?)

Remove the Upgrade system entirely as it tells us, "hold your valor for BiS items" ... meaning your choices are wait forever for that stupid random drop ... RNG can potentially NEVER give you... or spend it on Upgrades... because buying that Helmet you arent getting... is a waste, you will get that drop the next week and feel terrible about wasting 2200 valor on something you just replaced, instead of upgrades.

Valor points are meant to supplement your gear. Giving you the extra push when you get stuck on the RNG boss. A casual player waiting for BiS gear is borderline idiotic. You spend the points as you get them, yes you can wait till you have 3000.

TL;DR
You are not entitled to loot simply because you pay blizz for a service
90 Orc Death Knight
01/16/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Pwnjuice
Valor points are meant to supplement your gear. Giving you the extra push when you get stuck on the RNG boss. A casual player waiting for BiS gear is borderline idiotic. You spend the points as you get them, yes you can wait till you have 3000.

Sorry not all people doing LFR are "casual" raiders. Some of us are trying to replace blues that simply wont drop anywhere else for NORMALS. ...

Waiting for BiS is not idiotic... they gave us this stupid upgrade system, took away traditional valor vendors. the Upgrades are designed to be the nerf mechanic, but say you spend some valor on that Rep vendor helm, and then tomorrow you get a helm off another boss youve been working on for months. ... you just wasted 2200 valor that would have been used on that "nerf" mechanic you wont EVER get back. You are now down 2200 valor worth of nerf on the zone.

Had you held onto your valor, got that helm you have a helm, and an upgraded bracer, shoulder, and chestpiece. ...
90 Worgen Mage
01/16/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Jusblãze
all i tend to see from blue posts is a smart !@# attitude, they think they are better than us, and they are also a bit immature

Considering your thread and general tone about how you go afk in lfr while you work, it must be like looking in a mirror for you.
86 Worgen Druid
01/16/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Beastmaster
I don't mind them too much. Bugs me a bit when serious topics are over looked, but you can find multiple blue posts in a Sha of Table flipping thread. We're not looking for gospel truth, but we are looking for some type of acknowledgement. Some little glint to say, "Hey, we're here. We heard ya and we're talking about it." That's all.

I think the problem is twofold:

1) Acknowledgements of any matter have to be carefully worded. Otherwise, it's very possible to take them out of context, or read into it something that isn't there.

2) There are simply too many things to acknowledge. Aside from any legitimately game-breaking issues, which one should they acknowledge first? Combine that with number one, and you can see how it might take a while for any sort of definitive statements to come out, if indeed they come out at all.
16 Worgen Warlock
01/16/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Degel
You know what makes me really mad and is a huge disappointment to the community?

"What is a summary of the General Forums?"
90 Draenei Paladin
It's not the fault of the Blues the community howls like a bunch of sugar buzzed monkeys.
90 Gnome Rogue
I find the responses reasonable. I also don't start losing respect for people who disagree with me. Every game I've played has people complaining about something and the devs/CM's responding mostly professionally. WoW is no different in that regard.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]