Total loss of respect for blizzards blues...

90 Troll Rogue
That's the most ignorant thing I have ever heard to date on this subject. What the heck in this expansion is telling you that there is time for an alt.

Which of my four 90's would you like me to refute you on?

The tank? The healer? Or one of the two cloth pure dps?

Do you raid on one of those characters? On this toon I'm only seeing LFR kills.
90 Orc Death Knight

do you not have a job? ... How do you have time for 32 hours of LFR a week? ... How can you find time getting the mats for consumables on your main spending so much time gearing alts? ... you realize thats 20 LFR queues a week. 80 bosses, dealing with griefers, people who dont pay attention, people who generally don't care at all.

I swear you are the exception to the rule. I am an average person who works 8 hours a day. I get home spend an hour or so making dinner and eating. I raid for 3 hours and stay up too late doing my dailies on my main. I get 5 hours of sleep a day now, and I still don't get everything done. And that's ONE character.
90 Undead Warlock

do you not have a job? ... How do you have time for 32 hours of LFR a week? ... How can you find time getting the mats for consumables on your main spending so much time gearing alts? ... you realize thats 20 LFR queues a week. 80 bosses, dealing with griefers, people who dont pay attention, people who generally don't care at all.

I swear you are the exception to the rule. I am an average person who works 8 hours a day. I get home spend an hour or so making dinner and eating. I raid for 3 hours and stay up too late doing my dailies on my main. I get 5 hours of sleep a day now, and I still don't get everything done. And that's ONE character

then go to sleep
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
01/16/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Concequence
and I still don't get everything done.

Therein is the problem. You choose how to focus your time.

I've focused on alts rather than hardcore raiding or being slaved to the gear-train.

There's plenty of time for anything. There's never time for everything.
90 Orc Death Knight
01/16/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Tatsuma
Do you raid on one of those characters? On this toon I'm only seeing LFR kills.

There is it. You don't even raid. How can you give me that line, there is time for alts. I'm only gearing alts so I can have options on my LOW POP SERVER... for our Raids. I already spend too much time gathering mats for the raid... and what a convenience that is, handing out flasks one at a time. As if Raids don't take long enough as it is.

Blizzard was like, oh yeah, put the responsibility on the raid members to gather mats. Really? That didn't even happen in Vanilla. Officers handed them out and it was not fun in any way shape or form. Cauldrons were a godsend. A wonderful blessing that improved quality of life.

Why on earth would you take away something that everyone universally enjoyed.

That's akin to walking into a playground and taking away all the toys and saying "back in my day we learned to enjoy playing with rocks" ... and expecting everyone to not be devastated.
90 Draenei Shaman
I dont know Op has a point. I have asked serious questions about the game never get any anwsers. Now if I make a thread about pulling my shamans tail they jump all over it. I ask if crz will include current tier raiding, or if anyone is looking into some buffs that I had metioned for shaman, its a waste land.
90 Orc Death Knight
Therein is the problem. You choose how to focus your time.

I've focused on alts rather than hardcore raiding or being slaved to the gear-train.

There's plenty of time for anything. There's never time for everything.

I refute that. I had time for everything in Cata and Wrath. ...

01/16/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Dylennis
then go to sleep

Says the guy decked out in full normal gear. ... You have no reason to see this from my perspective. You have everything. I work my !@# off and We're still struggling with Garalon. Still sporting blues after Months of working at it.

I can't slow down, I am already seeing my time in this Tier disappear before my eyes. ... I have to spend every waking moment pushing as hard as I can. The closing bell is approaching too quickly and I'm not going to make it...

I swear you people just don't understand this from our perspective. And you just dismiss what we feel like we just don't matter.
85 Night Elf Druid
You know OP, I used to be JUST like you.

I was super pissed at the blues because of what I, at the time, viewed as Teh Massive Injustice Of It All, etc etc etc, blah blah blah. I ranted, I raved, I spoke eloquently and at length, I condemned the "blues" for being patsies and tools, and engaged in all manner of other linguistic shenanigans. Oh yes, I roused the rabble, oh how I roused them.

The thing is, and this applies now as much as then, it didn't matter. Not to say loving this game, and arguing passionately for it's continued improvement (and oh my, how it has improved...I cannot even list the many ways) is bad, for it surely isn't. But what I didn't see then, and do see now, is that this isn't really that important.

• It's a game. We're the players, not the Blues' bosses. Keep that in mind at all times. In the greater scheme of life, this is a PROFOUNDLY unimportant activity.
  • The "Blues" are not the devs. They are messengers, they carry news from the producers of the game to us, the customer base, as a result, getting pissed at them for that information is insanely counterproductive. We want the information to flow MORE , not less, and killing the messenger, as it were, does not facilitate that.
  • The Blues are severely constrained in what they can and cannot say. What you and I see as a "deliberate 180" may be something more akin to "we can't talk about it because we're been told not to, and if we do, we will get in serious trouble". This kind of thing is very common in Big Business (Which WOW is...), and saying they should rebel and tell the truth about everything is just naive and immature. If this were politics or healthcare or corporate finance, I'd say yeah, but c'mon, it's just an online game.
  • We, the players, are notoriously HORRIBLE at taking the long view. What we see as a 180 switch could very well be the product of months of marketing, research, and development work. Big Business decisions do not move at anything other than a glacial pace. What we see as a OMFG sky is falling nerf or OP buff is just the latest step in an ever rotating buff-nerf cycle that comes to everyone sooner or later.
  • Finally, lost respect for the blues? Well, they have to deal with people grinding them down every day, they have to deal with the most hateful parts of the community, they are the buffer between hordes of crazed and emotionally volatile players and the developers. It is not an easy job. But they do it. Personally, I think they're pretty steady folks, considering. If I was a blue? I would have taken up my axe and started lopping heads a long time ago.

Do I wish they'd drop the corporate doublespeak and carefully crafted nonanswers from time to time? Sure, but that's really, at the end of the day, not a big deal. So really, relax. Play the game as it is, and keep making suggestions anda recommendation, But ease up on the blues. They're just people.

Cheers
Plainswander the Former Tauren
87 Human Warlock
01/16/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Veliladon
My favourite is when they resort to a false equivalency and tell people to do scenarios, heroics and LFR for gear even though the rep factions clearly offer gear which has no peer outside of raiding.

Maybe people should get into the raid scene if they want that purple drank. If there's one useful tool that anyone can take away from this xpac (that was only assumed before), it's that you all can be lured into anything, even stuff you don't want to do, just because of the purple text.
90 Draenei Mage
I did not loss respect for them, I just loss hope for them.

They tend to give false information.

For example the new LFR loot drop rate. lol
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
I refute that. I had time for everything in Cata and Wrath. ...

I prefer a world where people don't easily run out of things to do.
85 Tauren Warrior
I happen to agree with said blue. There has always, and will always, be rewards for people that go through things that not everyone enjoys doing. Just as any other time in any MMORPG.
If you dont enjoy doing something and decide that for you, the reward isnt worth it, then you dont do it. But dont come on here whining that you dont get the reward for NOT doing the task.

People dont like to PvP alot. But would like the gear for if/when their friend wants to PvP with them. Are they on here whining that they cant get the good PvP gear a different way besides PvP?

People, including myself, dont care to raid alot. Do you see them, or I, on here whining that we cant get the gear from raids any other way besides raiding? It would sure be nice to have so when we do raid at the request of a friend.

Quit the damn whining and complaining and do what we all have been doing since WoW went live. Either do what needs to be done to get the rewards, or dont have them.
90 Worgen Druid
01/16/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Plainswander
  • It's a game. We're the players, not the Blues' bosses. Keep that in mind at all times. In the greater scheme of life, this is a PROFOUNDLY unimportant activity.
  • The "Blues" are not the devs. They are messengers, they carry news from the producers of the game to us, the customer base, as a result, getting pissed at them for that information is insanely counterproductive. We want the information to flow MORE , not less, and killing the messenger, as it were, does not facilitate that.
  • The Blues are severely constrained in what they can and cannot say. What you and I see as a "deliberate 180" may be something more akin to "we can't talk about it because we're been told not to, and if we do, we will get in serious trouble". This kind of thing is very common in Big Business (Which WOW is...), and saying they should rebel and tell the truth about everything is just naive and immature. If this were politics or healthcare or corporate finance, I'd say yeah, but c'mon, it's just an online game.
  • We, the players, are notoriously HORRIBLE at taking the long view. What we see as a 180 switch could very well be the product of months of marketing, research, and development work. Big Business decisions do not move at anything other than a glacial pace. What we see as a OMFG sky is falling nerf or OP buff is just the latest step in an ever rotating buff-nerf cycle that comes to everyone sooner or later.
  • Finally, lost respect for the blues? Well, they have to deal with people grinding them down every day, they have to deal with the most hateful parts of the community, they are the buffer between hordes of crazed and emotionally volatile players and the developers. It is not an easy job. But they do it. Personally, I think they're pretty steady folks, considering. If I was a blue? I would have taken up my axe and started lopping heads a long time ago.

^
90 Human Paladin
Rather odd that I do not feel as if I have to do anything if I do not want to. I walked away from end game, yes, one can play and not raid, not do dungeons, not pvp. One can do a couple different sets of dailies any given day or like myself since mid December, not do a thing out side my little farm.

There is something to be said about playing strictly for fun as opposed to the never ending chase for gear via end game/dungeons and raids.

have been strictly a quester (vanilla) to a casual end gamer doing dungeons and raids (BC and Wrath) and back to a quester (cata and Mysts), I pay to play and play my way:)
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
Rather odd that I do not feel as if I have to do anything if I do not want to. I walked away from end game, yes, one can play and not raid, not do dungeons, not pvp. One can do a couple different sets of dailies any given day or like myself since mid December, not do a thing out side my little farm.

There is something to be said about playing strictly for fun as opposed to the never ending chase for gear via end game/dungeons and raids.

have been strictly a quester (vanilla) to a casual end gamer doing dungeons and raids (BC and Wrath) and back to a quester (cata and Mysts), I pay to play and play my way:)

Wow... I don't say this often, but...

I love you.
90 Pandaren Shaman
They are community managers, not someone here to placate you.
90 Goblin Shaman
Aside from the issues which might actually need addressing, I dislike how you think Blue posters should be modern saints.

Blizzard is a huge company which, incase you somehow couldn't already tell, bases a LOT of their decision on numbers.

People doing dailies = more dailies. Sure, they might alter them some due to player feedback, but there's a LOT more to it than the vocal minority on the forums.

Blues simply rely this info. This info which is but a small fraction of the playerbase, and the numbers Blizzard collects.

It's been said a lot, but "don't bash the messenger".

If Blizzard were a smaller company, and WoW was smaller as well, then...well, they wouldn't update the game as much, with the amount of content they produce.

But if they DID, then yeah, the community reps would probably have a LOT more say in what goes on, after relaying info from the forums.

I don't know whether i 'like' it myself...I kinda don't really care now. :|
90 Draenei Mage
Forum is a place liked Meeting Room, where players and Blue's discuss the game together.

We are not always right, but they are not always right either. For example, the nerfed of Fire Mage, the removal of rep tabards, adding more dailies, rewards behind gated-rep, new loot system, new talent tree and etc.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]