You know OP, I used to be JUST
I was super pissed at the blues because of what I, at the time, viewed as Teh Massive Injustice Of It All, etc etc etc, blah blah blah. I ranted, I raved, I spoke eloquently and at length, I condemned the "blues" for being patsies and tools, and engaged in all manner of other linguistic shenanigans. Oh yes, I roused the rabble, oh how I roused them.
The thing is, and this applies now as much as then, it didn't matter. Not to say loving this game, and arguing passionately for it's continued improvement (and oh my, how it has improved...I cannot even list the many ways) is bad, for it surely isn't. But what I didn't see then, and do see now, is that this isn't really that important.
- It's a game. We're the players, not the Blues' bosses. Keep that in mind at all times. In the greater scheme of life, this is a PROFOUNDLY unimportant activity.
- The "Blues" are not the devs. They are messengers, they carry news from the producers of the game to us, the customer base, as a result, getting pissed at them for that information is insanely counterproductive. We want the information to flow MORE , not less, and killing the messenger, as it were, does not facilitate that.
- The Blues are severely constrained in what they can and cannot say. What you and I see as a "deliberate 180" may be something more akin to "we can't talk about it because we're been told not to, and if we do, we will get in serious trouble". This kind of thing is very common in Big Business (Which WOW is...), and saying they should rebel and tell the truth about everything is just naive and immature. If this were politics or healthcare or corporate finance, I'd say yeah, but c'mon, it's just an online game.
- We, the players, are notoriously HORRIBLE at taking the long view. What we see as a 180 switch could very well be the product of months of marketing, research, and development work. Big Business decisions do not move at anything other than a glacial pace. What we see as a OMFG sky is falling nerf or OP buff is just the latest step in an ever rotating buff-nerf cycle that comes to everyone sooner or later.
- Finally, lost respect for the blues? Well, they have to deal with people grinding them down every day, they have to deal with the most hateful parts of the community, they are the buffer between hordes of crazed and emotionally volatile players and the developers. It is not an easy job. But they do it. Personally, I think they're pretty steady folks, considering. If I was a blue? I would have taken up my axe and started lopping heads a long time ago.
Do I wish they'd drop the corporate doublespeak and carefully crafted nonanswers from time to time? Sure, but that's really, at the end of the day, not a big deal. So really, relax. Play the game as it is, and keep making suggestions anda recommendation, But ease up on the blues. They're just people.
Plainswander the Former Tauren