Total loss of respect for blizzards blues...

90 Troll Rogue
Rather odd that I do not feel as if I have to do anything if I do not want to. I walked away from end game, yes, one can play and not raid, not do dungeons, not pvp. One can do a couple different sets of dailies any given day or like myself since mid December, not do a thing out side my little farm.

There is something to be said about playing strictly for fun as opposed to the never ending chase for gear via end game/dungeons and raids.

have been strictly a quester (vanilla) to a casual end gamer doing dungeons and raids (BC and Wrath) and back to a quester (cata and Mysts), I pay to play and play my way:)

So, if you don't care about gear, why does it matter to you if gear is locked behind rep and dailies or not. Lifting this requirement would not impact your gameplay in the slightest. However people trying to gear up to raid are being slowed down for the sake of keeping people online to do things they don't want to do.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
01/16/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Elrith
All I see are whiny brats and morons who are angry and cranky that Blizzard disagrees with them and won't tolerate your fallacious and manipulative "arguments". You are over entitled and spoiled and seem to think Blizzard is a service industry here to serve you.

^ Pretty much this in a nut shell..

Don't blame the blues one bit for the attitudes lately, hell I would be a lot meaner if I was a blue, hence why I wouldn't want a job there LOL
90 Draenei Mage
If there are some sticky posts regarding the new loot system (the reasons they made it), dailies (why they gave us so many dailies) and CRZ (why they implemented CRZ), I think players will QQ less.

Players QQ because they did not get a reply or response from them, for example the nerfed of Fire mage.
85 Tauren Warrior
If there are some sticky posts regarding the new loot system (the reasons they made it), dailies (why they gave us so many dailies) and CRZ (why they implemented CRZ), I think players will QQ less.

Players QQ because they did not get a reply or response from them, for example the nerfed of Fire mage.

I disagree. Players "QQ" because they didnt get the response THEY WANTED.
90 Draenei Mage

I disagree. Players "QQ" because they didnt get the response THEY WANTED.
Yea, because Blues tend to give false information (cannot give true info because it is PnC?), or maybe wrong answers (purposely or not?).

Sometimes they replied with wall-text, but sadly not related to the question we asked. lol
90 Human Paladin
@ Tatsuma, while you may be doing end game I am no longer partaking of that aspect of the game. You can acquire gear via dungeons and raids where I am only acquiring what I can via dailies when I choose to do them.

I also never said that the restriction should or should not be lifted, either way, you are correct in that it will not impact my game play. More what I was trying to convey is that despite the gating players running end game dailies or not can and will gear up in better and better gear.

I sometimes find myself wishing that another game I play had dailies as an alternative to gear and or the mats to make gear, if only I could combine the 2 I would have my perfect MMORPG but instead I play both in the manner in which appeals to me, be that play time a couple hrs per week or skipping weeks all together.
90 Worgen Warrior
I really want the rep system to be something along the lines of:

You can earn X amount of rep per day with this faction, and you are able to get that rep by dungeons or dailies.
90 Undead Warlock
01/16/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Genada
I tend to wish we could post on the EU forums, I like those community managers better myself.

The EU forums are better off without us North American players on them. You get out of your Blues what you put into your forums. EU posters aren't just horrible like us. I believe that's why their Blues interact more with them.

Here, people treat the Blues like crap and then get offended when they don't say much and even more offended when they say anything at all. I may be out of work and desperate for a job, but I'd never be a CM here. I don't think Blizzard could pay me enough to deal with what our CMs deal with.
Community Manager
Questing is an essential part of World of Warcraft. In the past, we've opened up hubs of daily quests tied to a specific storyline, but not necessarily integral to that expansion's theme. This time around, we worked to expand the storyline by coupling the lore of Pandaria and the various zones you adventure in with the daily quests that become available. The ultimate goal is to provide players who aren’t raiding, and who do enjoy questing, something to do at max level beyond grind heroics. One of the main complains in Cataclsym was there was nothing to do, you sat in Stormwind and queued for stuff. Daily quests, if you want to do them, do in fact lead to getting more people out and about in the world. Giving people something to do outside of instances.

We still very much believe players do not have to partake in daily quests to progress. Items that can be purchased from a Quartermaster can easily be matched by items earned through raiding and PvP. What it all boils down to is each individual’s play-style. There are those who will only want to run dungeons and raids; those who only want to PvP; those who only like to work on their farm and do some Pet Battles; those who only like to earn achievements, and any combination in between. We’re trying to appeal to millions of different types of players as best as we can, and we understand that not every piece of content or decision is going to be everyone’s favorite. That’s why to a large degree you can pick and choose what you want to do. It may not always be the most efficient, but the option is there. You've specifically seen that we’re listening to feedback in the addition of the Grand Commendations which not only benefit your alts but make the Revered->Exalted run that much shorter. You’ll also see some changes to reputation gains in Patch 5.2 where a player can champion a faction and earn reputation for their first heroic and scenario runs of the day.

On a personal note, every single person I work with is absolutely, 100% dedicated to their job, to this company, and to our games. Your concerns are our concerns. We may not always agree with you, and you may not agree with us, but in those disagreements we can try to have a conversation and come to understand the motivations of each other. The goal here is to better explain why we’ve designed the game the way we have, rather than disagreeing to disagree.
90 Human Paladin
Questing is an essential part of World of Warcraft. In the past, we've opened up hubs of daily quests tied to a specific storyline, but not necessarily integral to that expansion's theme. This time around, we worked to expand the storyline by coupling the lore of Pandaria and the various zones you adventure in with the daily quests that become available. The ultimate goal is to provide players who aren’t raiding, and who do enjoy questing, something to do at max level beyond grind heroics. One of the main complains in Cataclsym was there was nothing to do, you sat in Stormwind and queued for stuff. Daily quests, if you want to do them, do in fact lead to getting more people out and about in the world. Giving people something to do outside of instances.We still very much believe players do not have to partake in daily quests to progress. Items that can be purchased from a Quartermaster can easily be matched by items earned through raiding and PvP. What it all boils down to is each individual’s play-style. There are those who will only want to run dungeons and raids; those who only want to PvP; those who only like to work on their farm and do some Pet Battles; those who only like to earn achievements, and any combination in between. We’re trying to appeal to millions of different types of players as best as we can, and we understand that not every piece of content or decision is going to be everyone’s favorite. That’s why to a large degree you can pick and choose what you want to do. It may not always be the most efficient, but the option is there. You've specifically seen that we’re listening to feedback in the addition of the Grand Commendations which not only benefit your alts but make the Revered->Exalted run that much shorter. You’ll also see some changes to reputation gains in Patch 5.2 where a player can champion a faction and earn reputation for their first heroic and scenario runs of the day.On a personal note, every single person I work with is absolutely, 100% dedicated to their job, to this company, and to our games. Your concerns are our concerns. We may not always agree with you, and you may not agree with us, but in those disagreements we can try to have a conversation and come to understand the motivations of each other. The goal here is to better explain why we’ve designed the game the way we have, rather than disagreeing to disagree.

Best blue post ever. 1000% in agreement. Great job Crithto :)
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
That was inspirational, Crithto :)
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
<3 Crithto

Unfortunately, despite the fact that you've been unfailingly polite in your post and explained things as best you could, I have no doubt that the drooling masses of QQers are now already posting to pick apart everything you just said. I'm sorry you have to deal with this stuff, and I will gladly buy you a drink (or 10) at Blizzcon if I can get there :)
90 Tauren Paladin
The problem is you guys went 180 degrees in the opposite direction which was removing tabards and adding a million dailies. This wasn't a healthy balanced solution. You preferred option A and completely ignored B. IF you guys would have dailies and tabards; it would be a perfect balance of opinions. The daily lovers will do their dailies even if theres tabards and the ones that don't have time for them could do the tabard runs. SIMPLE SOLUTION......

Completely wrong. This community has always and will always choose the path of least resistance, because doing less to get more is just the way this community has conditioned itself to act. The Molten Front and Isle of QD reps, had they been Champion-based, would never have seen their dailies done. People would just grind Heroics until Exalted because its much quicker and easier.

Having access to rep rewards, Heroic drops, Raid currencies and gear to purchase with said currencies...exclusively from grinding the same Heroics over and over again...is bad design. Simple as that. Thankfully Blizzard agreed.
90 Human Warlock
If you are so casual that you can't do dailies, then why do you need the rep in the first place?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]