Taming Gib the Banana-Hoarder

I need some sympathy, like many other hunters...I've been trying to get this rare monkey as my pet.

I finally seen him today! So I flew down to him, and began taming. I was about 1/4 of the way to taming him, and then out of nowhere comes one of my pets.....and.....one shots the poor little rare monkey.... :'(

Stupid mistake on my part, but then again.... I still believe that the hunter pet shouldn't come out while ur in the middle of a taming, since we can't even tame at all when hes already out. Just a warning for all you other hunters that are searching for a rare pet!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
...did you hit Dire Beast for some reason?
Reply Quote
No, I just started taming, although I was mounted...So I'm assuming it was just because the pet automatically comes out after being mounted. Stupid mistake, but the game also shouldn't have ur pet automatically come out like that if ur taming.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
You can't even tame if you have an active pet.
Reply Quote
True, but when you are on a flying mount you technically don't have an active pet, but when you dismount you do. I started taming before I dismounted, which meant I didn't have an active pet.... but the dismounting as I started taming also acted as a way to activate my pet...so I unintentionally ruined my chance at taming him.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Hunter
Awww, don't worry, just stay at that location (this is the ONLY spawn spot he has.) and anywhere from 2-5 hours later you'll get him. (If no other Hunters, griefers come up behind you.) He is a cool pet to have. (When I got him, other hunters in SW were like "omg, where you get that monkey!?!?!")
Reply Quote
Yeah, theres another hunter camping the spot now. lol. Same faction too so I cant do much about that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
you can start taming if you are on a flying mount bc technically your pet iosnt out. when u finally dismount and hit the ground, that is when your active summon will reappear, interupt tame, and kill your target :( happened to me too, i feel ya
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
lol that might be me. troll named dolphin. im camped there presently
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
lol that might be me. troll named dolphin. im camped there presently

Unless your name is Marty McFly, I doubt it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't think this guy's still camping there since this is from January good sir.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Unless that's one dedicated camper.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd like to make a suggestion for camping rares. get a wireless bluetooth speaker i have a jawbone set it up with your comp and then u can do other junk around yer house and still hear NPC scan go off it works for me anyway.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
1/16/2013

10/31/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Helena
Marty McFly

*snicker*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]