How much of 25-man Ulduar is soloable?

90 Orc Hunter
Wanting to get the green reskin of T7.5 as it doesn't have matching boots.

Anybody tried to solo Ulduar 25? And what kinda luck did you have? What bosses are the hardest?
Edited by Zolid on 1/17/2013 8:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I think the only boss I had an issue with was the space cadet one. and the one that grabs you. Not much you can do there. I think you should be able to get through most of it easily enough.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I downed all of 10-man solo except Yogg, even got all the achievements with the exception of razorgore. There's a trick to beating Thorim you can look up videos on youtube. Either way almost all of the bosses are doable Yoggs insanity debuff is the only thing that gave me trouble I gave up after 7-10 attempts. I'm not sure about 25 man but I can't see too much of a difference in-terms of difficulty. As long as you aren't going for 25 man achieves you should have no problem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
xt can be rough with the ground and pound move... also kologarn getting gripped is a game over. but luckily you jump out and switch it to 10 man for those 2 (and all others that don't drop the green reskin you're after.)

boots and belt can be crafted.

flame lev (gloves) is really super easy just park 3 demos around the room on the corners. and a bike to ride inbetween them. you should have it killed in 2 demos.

razorscale (legs) just go sv and tenacity spec a cat. multi shot takes the adds down easy.

ignis (helm) is very straight foward. go bm zerg and burn... council (shoulders) is a joke.

then yogg (chest) hop in trade chat... get 5 ppl that don't wear mail then do 0 lights for chance at mim's head.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Everything, including Algalon, is soloable (massive gear check on him, though).

Wanting to get the green reskin of T7.5 as it doesn't have matching boots.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/45244

?

If you need help on how to kill anything on 25M, feel free to message me on Sargeras and I can help you with them. Gullig/Artsy both on Alliance.
Reply Quote
At 25 man setting from what i can best gather , it can't be soloed.

See no way to get past 1rst boss solo.

I have tried, well, not since 5.1, i want the brass lined boots look, for xmog reasons.

Yes that is the boot look, i'm after.

There is also a 3rd item with the same look, but alas, no one on Misha has that LW rec, well none that are active.
Edited by Tirade on 1/20/2013 9:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
At 25 man setting from what i can best gather , it can't be soloed.

See no way to get past 1rst boss solo.

I have tried, well, not since 5.1, i want the brass lined boots look, for xmog reasons.

Go to the corner in a demo -> barrel -> weave in your cannon, don't let the barrel dot drop.

-

If you're having trouble with Kologarn 25, this is an easy method practically anyone can do;

Use a Spirit Beast, pull by not using Misdirect, just go to where the tank would stand back in Ulduar, this will force Kologarn to hit you and consider you a tank in terms of mechanics. Go ham on the right arm, as soon as you hear him emote, move your pet to where you were standing, then feign out of range of his melee and finish off the arm. MD the rubble to him, make sure you have a fair amount of focus or your pet will get !@#$ on, Spirit Mend yourself after you put your SB in the location the tank would be, that + spirit bond is more than enough. Your pet takes very little damage, only spiking significantly during rubble due to the armor debuff.
Edited by Gullig on 1/20/2013 7:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
As best as my limited research has found, that maybe so to break the 10 man, first boss, as best as i can gather at 25 man setting , you still need about 5 folks to break em.

And as far as i know all 3 items with that look are on 25 man setting.

Kinda sad that there is a LW pattern in there that no active player has on Misha, kinda makes me wonder why they even bother to have the pattern ingame.
Edited by Tirade on 1/20/2013 9:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Is there a trick to the iron council that I'm missing? That's one of the fights I can't seem to solo. I've tried all specs and tactics but nothing seems to work, the adds just refuse to stay on the pet no matter with MD+growl+stomp. One boss is simple but the other two just keep switching to me much faster than I can FD them off
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
01/20/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Blíx
Is there a trick to the iron council that I'm missing? That's one of the fights I can't seem to solo. I've tried all specs and tactics but nothing seems to work, the adds just refuse to stay on the pet no matter with MD+growl+stomp. One boss is simple but the other two just keep switching to me much faster than I can FD them off

Stormcaller really has no aggro table, but the other two do. Not sure if your current BM glyphs are for solo'ing, but MD glyph is a 100% must have, otherwise your DPS (even when not on the target) will pull off of your stomp target no problem.

I usually run with MD/Spirit Bond/Mend Pet, very rarely do I swap them out. Glyph of Marked Death is trivial in old content, I wouldn't suggest using it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
01/20/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Gullig

Stormcaller really has no aggro table, but the other two do. Not sure if your current BM glyphs are for solo'ing, but MD glyph is a 100% must have, otherwise your DPS (even when not on the target) will pull off of your stomp target no problem.

I usually run with MD/Spirit Bond/Mend Pet, very rarely do I swap them out. Glyph of Marked Death is trivial in old content, I wouldn't suggest using it.

Thanks..that might have been it honestly. I never bought glyph of MD..didn't even look at what it did :P
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Oh and as for the person above..flame leviathin is the easiest of the 25's. Once you get to it, die or zone out and then when you come back bring in 2-3 demolishers. Stack the dot to 10, drive over to another demo, get out of yours and into that one and just keep refreshing it at 10. Only have to survive from then on and it's not difficult. The 3rd is just in case you get caught and need to hop in another.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I will let you know if I ever get past FL trash in 25 /wrists

I dont know how people that solo it do it, the trash just keeps coming and you cant wreck it before it overruns you. I know the poster above said to use that method ..it hasnt worked for me.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
You have more than enough gear for it Tox. Just get in a demo and go slowly. Spam the 1. It takes a while..I won't lie there, and you do need to stop and clear things as they come. Never proceed unless there's little to nothing on you. It's easy to get overrun by trash and only on 10 man can you just zoom all the way to the end as you fire shots. Takes me roughly 15-20 mins to get to FL.
Reply Quote
is it ok to knock out towers and trash before 1rst boss on 25m?

I mean, i have all week, i can make it a progressive project.

For the record don't your extra machines get teleported behind the green barrier at some point in the fight?
Reply Quote
I like the look you have blix, it's right up my ally
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

And I'm not sure..I don't believe so, though. They warp to just before the FL room in case you wipe, but I think you still have to manually get them there on your first attempt.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
is it ok to knock out towers and trash before 1rst boss on 25m?

I mean, i have all week, i can make it a progressive project.

For the record don't your extra machines get teleported behind the green barrier at some point in the fight?

just talk to brann he will kill the 4 towers for you before you start... you only have to kill the small towers directly in between you and FL and the copters, 2 spider dudes, and big guys.

the other vehicles are already behind the barrier. you have to move the 2-3 demos inside before the pull and make sure they are spread apart so they don't get hit and killed by his aoe.

have fun with it! :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Toxarís:

You can literally just afk drive to the place where FL spawns, they will chain back to their towers, meaning you only need to kill the two towers infront of FL's spawning room, the two spongebob crabs, and the annoying helicopters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]