Protadin (control>haste) Weapon enchant?

90 Human Paladin
Hey, I am a 493 Protection Paladin with the Stamina>Expertise>Hit>Haste priority. I've been searching websites, guides, and much of the forums to find out which enchant would be the best for my build. I can't find a straight answer. It's either Colossus or River's Song. Askmrrobot tells me to go Colossus, and icyveins gives me no preference. Random youtube guides have a different answer every other guide :( .

So right now my sha touched weapon is River's Song. Because even though I am control/haste. The proc (not to mention it can stack two times) would still not be that bad. I know it would just depend what fight but I would like to know what I should have on my weapon "defaultly". I am thinking I should change to Colossus because my haste can also make it proc a few more times than normal, but then I think 8k absorption would probably not be that much compared to the dodge proc.

Any help? I've been torn and fighting for an answer and finally I man up and go to the forums :P

Edit: I saw the forums guide. It looks like they perferred Colossus, but an explanation of that is correct please? :D:D:D:D:D
Edited by Uthren on 1/17/2013 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Dancing steel is also extremely good, as is windsong even though the crit proc isn't useful. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Dancing Steel, River's Song, Windsong, Colossus, and the Living Steel Weapon Chain are all good to varying degrees, and all you'll really get from asking which is best is a bunch of conflicting opinions and/or a long argument that never really goes anywhere. So, really, the best answer is: Use whichever you prefer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/17/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Keten
Dancing Steel, River's Song, Windsong, Colossus, and the Living Steel Weapon Chain are all good to varying degrees, and all you'll really get from asking which is best is a bunch of conflicting opinions and/or a long argument that never really goes anywhere. So, really, the best answer is: Use whichever you prefer.

This is pretty true. I'd probably just go with Dancing Steel for the extra damage. Strength is decent defensively, and it has a nice uptime, but the DPS is the main draw.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Pretty sure theck mathed colossus out to be the best because of how frequently it procs. It's also the only option that reduces magic damage. (edit: Not true. Dancing steel does too)

http://sacredduty.net/2012/11/16/tankadin-weapon-enchants/
Edited by Slalin on 1/18/2013 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think every prot paladin that I've armoried in a top 10 US guild are using Windsong as their enchant of choice so it can't be that bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
MrRobot is telling you to use Colossus because the default stat weights for their control builds rate armor too highly. Drop the weight for armor to zero and you'll see what I mean.

All of the weapon enchants are pretty underwhelming for tanks atm. I used Colossus for awhile, because of the reasons Slalin mentioned; rPPM enchants scale with Haste, and Colossus procs frequently enough to be a reliable source of damage reduction.

I recently switched to Dancing Steel as I'm trying to gear a bit more aggressively. I'm happy with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]