[Server Quest] A Bounty on Rambler

Quest Summary:
I want to transfer a character here, but the name is taken. Loots to you if you help.

Quest detail:
A levl 2 mage? THAT is NOT the Rambler I know!
The Rambler I know was born when WoW was released, and grew up on a PvP server where men were men, and boys were men, and the girls were probably men in real life.
The name may not exactly be sacred but it is valued. Track down the man who owns this level 2 mage and have it destroyed!

50g to you if you put me in contact with the owner
and
100g to him if he frees up the name!

Keep your feet on the ground.
Edited by Oedikollr on 1/6/2013 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Put in a ticket and ask if the name can be released to you. I've read on other forums that GMs sometimes are willing to release a name if the low-level toon holding it hasn't been active for a while.

Otherwise, try using one of those awful alternate characters in the name. "Rämbler" doesn't look too bad.
Reply Quote
Yeah, if I don't get a response I'll try those options. For now though it seems like a good way to land on my first RP server.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Put in a ticket and ask if the name can be released to you. I've read on other forums that GMs sometimes are willing to release a name if the low-level toon holding it hasn't been active for a while.

Otherwise, try using one of those awful alternate characters in the name. "Rämbler" doesn't look too bad.

No no !@#$ing NO. ALT CODES ARE THE %^-*ING WORST AND ANYONE THAT USES THEM IS PART OF THE CANCER KILLING THIS GAME
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

No no !@#$ing NO. ALT CODES ARE THE %^-*ING WORST AND ANYONE THAT USES THEM IS PART OF THE CANCER KILLING THIS GAME

Jums! Not the yelling, it hurts!

I only made the suggestion as a way for the guy to keep his name. I hate the use of those special characters when people are doing it just because they think it looks cool.

And as to factors killing this game, I don't think kids using alt codes is a major contributor. Blizzard is killing the game all by itself.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Rämbler would actually be pronounced the same. The ä (a swedish letter) sounds pretty much like the a in Rambler. You could totally pull that off.
Reply Quote
[quote]
Rämbler would actually be pronounced the same. The ä (a swedish letter) sounds pretty much like the a in Rambler. You could totally pull that off.

Since Oedikollr is "Pseudo-Norse" I kinda like that idea. Thanks for the input.
Edited by Oedikollr on 1/5/2013 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Blizz announce that alt-code letters would disabled for American/English servers?

When it's done tastefully and tactfully, I think alt-codes are really stress-relieving, so I hope you can keep the name! Or at least you're able to get the original back.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Blizz announce that alt-code letters would disabled for American/English servers?

I thought I'd heard the same thing, yet I'm still seeing new names with them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Awww..i read Sewer quest at first and was intrigued.
But now..... :(

*walk off sad*
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior

*walk off sad*

come on baby, don't be that way
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

*walk off sad*

*facepalm*

Only you Turri....

xD <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]