Trinket values

90 Pandaren Monk
I put together a handy chart of trinket values with and without upgrading. Average intellect and spirit values are given (including equivalent spirit for price of progress) so that one may compare trinkets to other upgrades easily.

http://imgur.com/bnyZ5

You must decide for yourself how important spirit and intellect are, but this chart may help you see the best use for your limited valor.

I would caution only that the high intellect values from intellect procs are not so good as they may appear, due to the weakness of unreliable throughput compared to other options.

Anyone may reuse or modify this chart freely.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Hmm, interesting that your average Spirit proc values are almost universally lower than Mintia's here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200081948

I'm curious to see which one of you is more accurate. Not that it's really a big deal, you're both in agreement about which trinkets are superior. Good work from both of you, imo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
That's because I also calculated in a delay prior to receiving a new proc, while Mintia assumes procs happen immediately after the ICD. I did estimate on the conservative side of things, by assuming 1 action per second. For most calculations this means it takes about 5 seconds after the cooldown to see a new proc.

In practice, some classes/playstyles will see results closer to mine while others will be closer to Mintia's.

For paladins, you probably will be closer to 1 action per second since you have very few hots and tend to tank heal quite a lot. Disc priests will vary depending on whether they tank or raid heal, but they will also be more likely to have a longer delay. Resto shaman healing rain should generate nearly instant procs anytime there are a reasonable number of people in it. Monks and druids will almost always have enough hots going to generate procs quickly,too.

The uptime can vary even between person to person and fight to fight, but it's likely to result in values somewhere between Mintia's and my own.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
That makes sense.

Paladins actually do have Eternal Flame, I always have at least one or two on the tanks in a raid setting (more realistically, I'm going to have one or two more on other players as well, perhaps even more depending on how I'm budgeting my Holy Power, blah blah... blah blah... etc.), but we still won't have the raw quantity of HoT and ground AoE ticks that other classes would constantly have. So that's still a solid point.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
are the values on Price of progress concurrent with the october nerf to its internal cooldown?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/06/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Meladria
are the values on Price of progress concurrent with the october nerf to its internal cooldown?

I am not certain. I'm confused by some of those numbers, and I'm also confused as to why the Heartwarmer Medallion is being treated as if it has no upgrades.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
then unfortunately this chart really has no value to me at the moment. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/06/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Meladria

Heartwarmer Medallion 496 1152 ~959

That's the line from Mint's post. Do you HAVE the Heartwarmer Medallion?

It won't ultimately be better than 2/2 upgraded scroll of revered ancestors, but it should be very very close (since it's 496 to a 497 trinket with the upgrades).

Both should be better than Price of Progress.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/06/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Tiriél

I am not certain. I'm confused by some of those numbers, and I'm also confused as to why the Heartwarmer Medallion is being treated as if it has no upgrades.

I don't have one, and the only information I found was wowhead's non-upgraded value and some blog post claiming it can't be upgraded. If that's not the case, I'll need to know what the upgraded values are to make those changes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/06/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Meladria

Yes, it is up to date. It is based on a 45 second ICD, and an average of a 5 second delay prior to proccing. So, one proc every 50 seconds.
Edited by Lilyira on 1/6/2013 11:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
01/06/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Tiriél

Heartwarmer Medallion 496 1152 ~959

That's the line from Mint's post. Do you HAVE the Heartwarmer Medallion?

It won't ultimately be better than 2/2 upgraded scroll of revered ancestors, but it should be very very close (since it's 496 to a 497 trinket with the upgrades).

Both should be better than Price of Progress.

I don't have it, because I'm not revered with dominance offensive. Chances are I'll just pick up the shado pan trinket and upgrade it if it comes to it.. But assuming all these values are accurate, then this chart does help out quite a bit. Thanks OP! :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Thanks for the chart. I'm a day away from Revered with Dominance, and with some VP to spare, I've been trying to figure out if I should buy the DO trinket, or upgrade either the Qin'xi or Spirits of the Sun (both LFR).

Decisions, decisions.

I should probably also finally buy my feral set boots and get out of the awful 450s that I've been tromping around in :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/06/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Lilyira
I don't have one, and the only information I found was wowhead's non-upgraded value and some blog post claiming it can't be upgraded. If that's not the case, I'll need to know what the upgraded values are to make those changes.

I was thrown because I assumed all of the gear off of that vendor was upgradeable (since all the other gear of that level is), but it looks like none of it is upgradeable. Pity.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
It is upgradeable.
Heartwarmer Medallion upgrade 1:
iLevel 500
1195 Intellect
On use proc: 3983 Spirit/15 seconds

Upgrade 2:
iLevel 504
1241 Intellect
On use proc: 4135 Spirit/15 seconds
Edited by Vhalan on 1/7/2013 11:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It is upgradeable.
Heartwarmer Medallion upgrade 1:
iLevel 500
1195 Intellect
On use proc: 3983 Spirit/15 seconds

Upgrade 2:
iLevel 504
1241 Intellect
On use proc: 4135 Spirit/15 seconds

Okay, the confusion is that Wowhead is listing it - and all the other gear from that vendor - as non-upgradeable. I went out to Domination Point and checked myself and yeah, it is all upgradeable. Here's a screenshot of the Cutstitcher Medallion (the Horde version of the Heartwarmer):

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/706/cutstichermedallion.png

So, in that case, the Cutsticher/Heartwarmer would be better than the Scroll, because you can still upgrade it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/07/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Tiriél
So, in that case, the Cutsticher/Heartwarmer would be better than the Scroll, because you can still upgrade it.

Thanks to both of you for checking it out, and for the updated listing. I will get those added into my spreadsheet.

On another note, after this discussion I am wondering if it would be helpful to make some modifications to the proc rate I've been using, since it's a bit on the low end. To do this I'll need to look at some logs for different healers and figure out something that will be appropriate for most classes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hmm, so if this is accurate, Spirit of the Sun would indeed be an upgrade over Chi-Ji upgraded.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/09/2013 09:18 AMPosted by Karuzo
Hmm, so if this is accurate, Spirit of the Sun would indeed be an upgrade over Chi-Ji upgraded.

Yes, but you should really equip them both.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]