5.2 Transmogrification Changes and Daggers

90 Gnome Rogue
I just saw this on mmo-champs:

Daggers cannot be transmogrified into swords or vice versa.
Polearms cannot be transmogrified into other two handed weapons.
Fist Weapons cannot be transmogrified into other one handed weapons.

My beef is with the first one of those restrictions. I just don't see the purpose for it, honestly. As a Mut rogue, daggers are really our only option (I personally cannot stand what was done to Combat with 5.0). I think some of the coolest looking weapons ingame right now are swords (the swords from Smileygos (Maly), Ony, and Sunwell come to mind), and right now I am barred from using those weapons for transmog. I understand that I can transmog them into axes and fists (and I appreciate that!), but I think the swords look so much cooler.

I know that this is only one stage of many changes that are coming to the 5.2 PTR. I'm just here to voice my support of the removal of the first restriction that bars daggers from being transmogged into swords.
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Druid
Daggers have a completely unique set of animations. It would look so weird trying to thrust the top of a mace into someone's jaw.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm a bit upset with the dagger situation, too. As a priest, my only one-hand options are mace and dagger, and as of now, we still won't be able to transmogrify between them.

I realize they don't share animations, but they're are similar enough weapons as it is, and it's not as if a caster like me is ever going to be using their weapon itself anyway.

Dagger --> One-hand Sword, One-hand Mace, and One-hand Axe should be possible (Obviously still restricting it to weapon types your class can specifically use. I'm not suggesting priests should be able to run around with axes or anything).

01/06/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Kielminna
Daggers have a completely unique set of animations. It would look so weird trying to thrust the top of a mace into someone's jaw.

The system isn't just a model swap. Just look at hunter transmogging if you need proof. Bows and guns don't share animations or even sound assets, but they can transmog between those just fine. There's no technical reason why we couldn't transmog daggers into maces or swords.
Edited by Vanarela on 1/6/2013 8:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I just want to be able to use my top hat for mogging. Or even just the high society top hat. I nearly spent 5k on one before I found out it wasn't moggable.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
01/06/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Carnivean
I just want to be able to use my top hat for mogging. Or even just the high society top hat. I nearly spent 5k on one before I found out it wasn't moggable.

Or the rhinestone sunglasses.

I don't have a pair, but it would be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
You know, back in the day, if you cared about what your weapon looked like you picked a weapon that you liked and went with that. I'm not sure how this has changed.

Transmogrification is a wonderful thing, I love it myself, but I for one disagree strongly with 'mogging cross-type weapons. If you want to use swords, make a spec that uses swords, if as a priest you want a dagger, equip a dagger. This is a choice that countless players have been making for years.

Instead of griping that every weapon should be 'moggable into everything else (that'd just be ludicrous), why not push for more weapons of greater variety to exist in the game? Then you can 'mog (with class/spec exceptions of course) into whatever you want.

For example: We don't need polearms to be 'moggable with other 2H weapons. We need polearms that drop that are equivalent OF the other 2H weapons. I knew several holy paladins that would probably love caster 2H swords, etc.

Animations are a big deal, and weapon recognition is important. I can't support cross-type 'mogging, but boy do I wish there were more options for each type...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
You know, back in the day, if you cared about what your weapon looked like you picked a weapon that you liked and went with that. I'm not sure how this has changed.

Transmogrification is a wonderful thing, I love it myself, but I for one disagree strongly with 'mogging cross-type weapons. If you want to use swords, make a spec that uses swords, if as a priest you want a dagger, equip a dagger. This is a choice that countless players have been making for years.

Instead of griping that every weapon should be 'moggable into everything else (that'd just be ludicrous), why not push for more weapons of greater variety to exist in the game? Then you can 'mog (with class/spec exceptions of course) into whatever you want.

For example: We don't need polearms to be 'moggable with other 2H weapons. We need polearms that drop that are equivalent OF the other 2H weapons. I knew several holy paladins that would probably love caster 2H swords, etc.

Animations are a big deal, and weapon recognition is important. I can't support cross-type 'mogging, but boy do I wish there were more options for each type...

I would love it if Blizz implemented agi maces, swords, and axes again. I really don't like how stats are reserved for certain weapons now. For example, rogues can swords, axes, maces, fists, and daggers, but only a few of those have agi stats.

But, right now, those options don't exist. Thus, this option. We can't just pick a weapon we like and stick with it because those weapons don't exist. Being able to transmog between the different types helps that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I, and I speak for most rogues on my server, would love to have the ability to transmog our daggers to something more than just other daggers. This however is currently unavailable.

I get what Ravas is saying about picking a spec that uses weapons that fit our transmog needs but there are no specs or weapons currently available. Combat Rogues used to have a slow MH and a fast OH. This is still a very powerful spec but is limited to fist weapons (slow MH) and daggers (fast OH). Why not have some items, in end-game content or high level PvP, that allow for Rogues to have some universal utility for transmogrification? For example, slow MH sword/axe/mace and a fast OH sword/axe/mace. If this is too difficult an issue for the programmers and designers, then please provide us with the option to transmog our current fist weapon/dagger combat spec or double dagger assassination/subtlety specs to other weapons.

If necessary, I will go learn how to write code to rectify this oversight and implement it for free (or for a 3 year free subscription) but I don't think my fellow Rogues are willing to wait that long...

Please fix this, Blizzard!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]