Heals Per Second

90 Goblin Priest
Where should disc priests sit on the HPS as well as healing done meter compared to other healing classes?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If the priest is good and doing their job (healing preemptively) then they should be close to or at the top because of the way that absorbs work. Of course gear plays into this, as well as just how healing intensive an encounter happens to be. Constant damage will always make a disc priest shine as long as it's raidwide. Same with burst aoe after short periods of medium to low damage.

Personally, I could care less about my hps. If no one's in immediate danger of dying and i'm not needed to heal the raid or the tank(s) in any significant way (shaman cohealer can handle it) then i'm going to focus on maximizing my dps through atonement until i am needed.

If you're talking a dpriest healing full out and trying to maximize hps (with both the shield and the heals being used), then they will crush everyone else on the meters.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
For most fights, a good disc priest will CRUSH the HPS in recount. This assumed that it's a fight that favors spirit shell, which seems to be most fights this tier.

Translated to World of Logs, disc HPS will be less compared to recount and won't blow other healers away, but should still generally be equal to a fair bit higher than most other healers for most fights.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
For most fights, a good disc priest will CRUSH the HPS in recount. This assumed that it's a fight that favors spirit shell, which seems to be most fights this tier.

Or constant pulsing aoe to eat our DA shields. Pretty much anything that isn't random damage on 3-4 random people is our forte.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/07/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Sacrémorte
This assumed that it's a fight that favors spirit shell, which seems to be most fights this tier.

I don't think there is 1 fight in the game that doesn't favor spirit shell. Close to 100% raw healing. No need to worry about overheals.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
01/07/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Keirisonis

Or constant pulsing aoe to eat our DA shields. Pretty much anything that isn't random damage on 3-4 random people is our forte.

Shouldn't you be busy smiting for 130k on one of the 5 billion fights this tier with enhanced damage phases/mechanics?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/07/2013 11:32 PMPosted by Eleäzaras
Shouldn't you be busy smiting for 130k on one of the 5 billion fights this tier with enhanced damage phases/mechanics?

Entirely depends on the fight and your job in the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
How it normally looks on my raid healing meters:

Disc priest: 100-120k hps
Holy priest (me): 30k hps
Resto shaman: 30k hps
Prot pally: 30k hps

Raid leader: gg bench holy priest
Edited by Serendïpity on 1/8/2013 7:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/07/2013 07:10 AMPosted by Nicholasrage
Where should disc priests sit on the HPS as well as healing done meter compared to other healing classes?

It depends on the encounter, and healing role of the disc priest.

I think what you're looking for is something different tho. What you're really asking is this:

How do I tell if a specific disc priest is performing their job?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]