Somthing needs to be done about healers in BG

90 Dwarf Paladin
Poor healers can't tank five dpsers anymore. So they all quit.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/12/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Fats

Yep.

Enjoy your heal-free BGs!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/12/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Fats

Not necessarily. There's some classes that can both lock down AND kill a healer with the right amount of effort, with the healer having nothing they can do. I think that's what takes the fun out of healing.

Personally, i wouldn't mind the burst damage if i had time to actually even try to outheal it. Controlling my character is kinda why i play the game. That's why i hated healing. Any dps can either roll you or keep you so far out of combat for a lengthy period of time that you can't do anything.

I mean, a good dps SHOULD be able to kill a healer 1v1, but it should at least be a challenge. Not just pop all of your cds and cc the healer after they drop below 50% and auto-win.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yep.

Healers can't be carried by their role anymore. BOO HOO. Pretty much proves the point that healers have to be facerolling OP as hell or nobody would play one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
01/12/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Keirisonis
Not necessarily. There's some classes that can both lock down AND kill a healer with the right amount of effort, with the healer having nothing they can do. I think that's what takes the fun out of healing.

This. I still pvp heal on 2 priests because I like it but gosh. The weak heals, massive CC, being target #1 is likely why the classes that aren't still op (pally, shaman) are saying "forget it".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have a feeling if we all banded together and told blizzard that second wind needed to be buffed they would do it next patch. Like they gave druids healers are this super cool utility in this expac and all this super cool survivability, all these great treats, but then they turn around and make our meat and potatoes into spam and grits. Cyclone sharing a dr with Gouge, Sap, Hibernate, Paralysis, Polymorph, Ring of Frost, Repentance, and Quaking Palm? I seriously can't chain someone out of my own hibernate with a clone? I can't play with monks or mages anymore? What the actual !@#$?

Bullet Point-stop listening to random people whining because they don't know how to adapt to HOW THE GAME IS FFS.
Edited by Anoru on 1/12/2013 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Let's see... I was in a bg yesterday where I got yelled at for being poor dps. As discipline. All you all dps people leave me to be chain CCed (peels apparently are only possible from people that you are in voice chat with) and focus fired (everyone and their brother has an add on to mark all the enemy healers as priority targets).

And then you are going to yell at me about poor dps because I happened to do a bit of damage via mindbender and instant cast holy fire? Without checking to see if I might be a healer... who could have used a few peels from the yelling frost mage....

Add this to the list of reasons that pvp is only reasonable with at least 2 dps in voice chat. The people you meet in randoms are not the kind of people that you want to hang out with. Rated battlegrounds with your entire team in voice chat, a coordinated strategy, and peels are fun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yep.

Healers can't be carried by their role anymore. BOO HOO. Pretty much proves the point that healers have to be facerolling OP as hell or nobody would play one.

Yeah because that's totally the reason a lot of people have quit healing.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
01/12/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Nzete
Rated battlegrounds with your entire team in voice chat, a coordinated strategy, and peels are fun.

^
And this is what blizzard has balanced healing around.

PVP Healing is fine if you have a team and voice chat.
but as a random Que BG --- its ugly

IMO
the healing nerfs should only apply in Arena and RBGs...
Let us have fun again in normal BGs
Edited by Pumpkinz on 1/12/2013 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yep.

Why would I want to be OP? OP is boring. I play for a challenge.

MoP PvP is not challenging. It's !@#$%^- masochistic.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
if damage is so crazy why nerf healers? as a healer i can't kill most dps but just about every dps can 1v1 most healers. cc/dps/cc/ dead what a bunch of ...
Edited by Zad on 1/12/2013 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is the perfect video for this thread, he explains everything basically perfect. Do this lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAT8E9HHjlc
Reply Quote
33 Orc Warrior
Fats, please just shut up. Healers could never tank five GOOD pvpers, who interupt, cc, ect., without peels. They could only tank the kind of dps that played pvp like pve, most Dmg as possible while ignoring everything else, or the BAD pvpers. Now even the BAD pvpers can kill GOOD healers, which is not right. Someone who playes there class horribly in pvp should not be able to kill someone that is good at pvp.

Why don't we put this into your perspective. We have a warrior and a ret pally. Both of them are equally geared. However, people have been complaining about warriors dps, even though they are perfectly fine. Now since the "majority" wants them nerfed, blizz does it. Couple of days pass. But people STILL arn't happy with the warrior dps and want it to be lowered even more. And you know what happened, they do it. Now the warrior is an extremely skilled player and uses his cds and attacks very well. The warrior is sitting there, defending mines in AB. Then comes this derpy pally, who only pays attention to his dps, and doesn't even try to disable the warrior, he just goes right on clicking buttons while staying close enough to the warrior. They meet on the flag and the battle begins. You would think that since the warrior is more skilled, knows how to play his class effectively against a pally, and knows when to use what cd, he would win. Right? Right? Wrong. Since warrior damage had been so badly nerfed the warrior couldn't even get him below 90%. Then the warrior repeats this encounter with every class, getting destroyed every time.

This is basically what happened to healers. Now people can basically get a free kill out of a healer who doesn't get peels, which is entirely not our fault, damn moronic pvpers.

Combine the 30% healing reduction, MS and other healing reductions, the fact that healers get half has much from pvp power, and for disc and MWs get jack squat for there dps, basically putting them in a "I must heal and not dps" role, all of the "these are healers, kill them now" addons, pretty much every class has a !@#$ ton of CCs, stuns, silences,interrupts, and knockbacks, and that healers rely on random dps to peel for them, and most! if not all, won't because they want to see there leet numbers go up. Healers arn't in a good spot what so ever.

And people wonder why they rarely see healers and why healers are complaining. >_>
Edited by Thondus on 1/12/2013 2:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm glad you mentioned that one thing you mentioned because I see healers in bgs sometimes who think their large numbers are an indicator of how well they played, when really the final total heals done is mutually exclusive to how clutch/crucial those heals may or may not have been to the victory.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Blizzard, do you have any comment on the current state of healers in pvp?
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Like many are saying, you don't see healers because healers get treated like crap in BGs.

They get ignored by their team when the enemy team focuses them, they get yelled at for not healing enough while they're chain locked down and eating their own face, they get called bad because they are with group A instead of group B which is obviously superior since it comes 2nd in the alphabet, run on sentences, etc etc etc.

You want to see healers in BGs? Play a healer in a BG. I have no sympathy for people complaining about lack of healers. If you are nice to your healers, chances are they'll accept if you ask to friend them, then you can have a pocket healer. Treat them like crap, you get nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
A huge problem with pvp for healer is CC. Being completely dominated each and every BG sucks. Melee doesnt understand because you can lockout a warrior from attacking. Sure you can disarm but how long does that last and its a super long CD too. Also thats IF youre shadow. As a priest, if you get interrupted using a holy spell then you are locked out from every other school of magic. I hear all the time "you have a fear, just use that." Its on a 30 sec CD....

Healers need some major love, mostly priests. Priests are ragdolls in BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
01/12/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Thondus
Now even the BAD pvpers can kill GOOD healers, which is not right.

I'm ashamed to admit this happened to me recently. I was out in WG against a rogue who was so bad I could kill him as disc. Well, he interrupted me trying to kill some NPCs to rank up and managed to shut down every non-instant heal I had and I died. I wanted to die a second time for that even being able to happen.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Blizzard has swung balance around so that if you want to succeed as a healer you HAVE to have support, gear and be the right healer (GL playing Disc or Monk MW in the arena). Disc priests simply do not heal for enough to keep up with damage and Monks only have decent healing throughput when they are in a raid and raid buffed and their healing is based on RNG if you want to get Chi without wasting a ton of mana.

It's pretty frustrating. I'm still enjoying this expansion more than last by a lot but man they really need to stop making changes and simply saying, "well, X class is just going to have to deal with it until we completely re-design them".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]