Somthing needs to be done about healers in BG

90 Blood Elf Priest
Fats, you must be new to our forums. We don't really appreciate people who come in and attempt to start flame wars in threads. If that's all you're here for, may I kindly suggest that you head back to the PvP or General forums and have fun there? We don't want it here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I stopped healing in BGs. I will still heal in arena though.

BG I say what's the point? I'm chain CC'd or stun locked & zerged down without being able to do ANYTHING.

Looking forward to 5.2 with the CC's getting under control, though with the 30% nerf to healing, I may continue doing boomkin in BG. I can do decent DPS and i'm not focused as much/dying first.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
01/12/2013 11:53 PMPosted by Xiata
I stopped healing in BGs. I will still heal in arena though.

@Xiata
I have way more fun in BGs. I actually havent done arenas yet this xpac. Also, it was my understanding that the 30% nerf to healing already happened. Am I mistaken?

I made a thread awhile back out of frustration with my class being that I really can't take any damage. Now I have more resilience gear and I can notice a slight improvement in my survivability but it still all comes down to being locked out of every ability I have when interrupted by melee. Does EVERY melee class need an interrupt thats on a 10-15 sec CD? How come I dont have a disarm on the same CD as their interrupts? Start giving casters more disarms to balance all the multitude of abilities melee have.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
All I can say is, for those that whined and complained about healers, you got what you wanted.

Thanks Blizzard, for taking away the only thing I enjoyed about this game.

So this!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/12/2013 11:53 PMPosted by Xiata
Looking forward to 5.2 with the CC's getting under control, though with the 30% nerf to healing, I may continue doing boomkin in BG. I can do decent DPS and i'm not focused as much/dying first

If i have learned 1 thing in battlegrounds, it's that i HAVE to focus the boomchicken first. HAVE to. Otherwise they notice me and decide to pop cds. Same thing with mages and other spriests. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Priest
"Greatest expansion yet" - PC Gamer....wonder how much kick back Bilzard gave them to say that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
People complaining that there are no healers is a direct result of those SAME people complaining that healers could not be killed. Good job nerfing yourselves, scrubs.

That being said, I'm still healing BG's. I've been capping points every week this season through Random BG's and am almost done with my full set. If you see me in a BG, know that I will have at least 2 DPS with me peeling for me. It gets better with gear and peels are a necessity. Dps just need to know how to identify a friendly healer and protect them. This is your chance to actually get better at the game instead of tunnelling the closest target! If you learned to do this, you might find more healers in your BG's.

To all of you healers that quit? Que with some DPS who can kill stuff and provide peels. Nothing more frustrating than healing for a buncha scrub DPS that can't score a kill on anything. Playing in the type of environment we have now makes you a better player in the long run.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/14/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Flaxxen
To all of you healers that quit? Que with some DPS who can kill stuff and provide peels. Nothing more frustrating than healing for a buncha scrub DPS that can't score a kill on anything. Playing in the type of environment we have now makes you a better player in the long run.

I will still do the occasional random BG with my pocket feral druid and spriest, but other than that, I have lost almost all interest in being yelled at for low heals (hard to heal when I am running away in travel form because of a lack of peels), failing to dispel (hard to dispel everything with the 8 second CD and only one single target dispel), or actually trying to play the game correctly (helping to defend a base, rather than healing the baddies fighting in the road).

Oh wait, the real reason I have lost almost all interest is because I can no longer tank 5 DPS on my own. Yeah, that's it...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The last time I did a BG as a healer, the DPS completely ignored the players on the other team who constantly focused me. I had no peels, no team support even when I asked for it, and it was just a waste of time. Aside from queuing with friends who won't screw me over the way random BG pugs do, I can't be bothered to PvP much anymore. So far in this expansion I've found casual PvP frustrating at best.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
sorry, i would heal but i have more fun melting faces as shadow :x

also, disc sucks for pvp :(
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
I love seeing healers in BG's, I heal random BG's on a couple of my toons.

I will always stun a dps going to town on a healer, torrent a caster that has a healer focused, even carrying the flag, I will stop and run back if the healer gets cc'd to help them out.

Healers have a thankless job, they get shafted by blizzard in pvp, they get spit on by the enemy team, and sometimes their own team. I hug my healers.. I heal my healers ... wth if any of my healers in bg's lived close by I would treat them to dinner, for the jobs they do.

DPS, tanks and other healers should learn, high numbers do not mean that much if at the end of the fight it comes up the other team has won. the only way to win is to work as team and help your healer's out.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
My Shaman and Monk rarely see PvP now, much less heal in it anymore.

Done with BG healing.

After this xpac, I may be done with healing period. Not finding it the enjoyable experience I once did even in raids.

I know how fill. Its useless to cleanse in pvp now and it pains me (especially this week during SotA) to see a target constantly CC'd and I am forced to ignore it.

But I find healing to be not all that bad
Edited by Yevon on 1/14/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Priest
To say get PvP gear as a response is pointless. I cant speak for the healers but I assume they, the same as me, have already got full PvP gear. Mine is upgraded (Blue)...Getting the Epic pieces of course takes forever so I am not yet fully decked in epics.

A lot of the commentators saying healing is OK are probably using their healer as an alt and have a DPS as their main. See and hear it all the time. As I said before. DPS is the overwhelming majority of the players and have the loudest voice thus healers are ignored.
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
I find this thread odd, partially because sometimes my problem is that my team has to many healers and not enough DPS.

Most of the time my team fails in a bg you look at the scoreboard, our team has top healing, sometimes by a lot, but our DPS is beyond terrible. I've seen 0 healer teams dominate teams with 1-2 healers and even teams that had 5 healers on a 10 player team. Having to many healers is actually a detriment to your team now because healer DPS is so useless that to many healers (or even just to many undergeared DPS) means your team can't kill anything while the other team can still burst someone down even with multiple healers present.

Most of the time I see people complaining about healers on the other team, I look at the scoreboard. I'm destroying the healers on the other team. The other team doesn't even have more healers then our team. The problem is our DPS just suck. I see over and over again horde teams (I play horde) that have 2 DPS in the top 7ish in a 10 vs 10 BG. 9 times out of 10 if your team is failing it's because of DPS. Sometimes they're under-geared compared to the other team. Sometimes they don't know how to CC or focus fire. But DPS are usually a bigger source of problems then healers (whether it's healers on your team or the other team).
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Priest
No priest healer anywhere anytime has ever been able to tank 5 DPS. Never. I don't care what gear you got.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's true. No healer could tank 5 dps. But here and now it's impossible for a healer to tank a single dps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Healers may not be any good in and of themselves, but this is what happens when one team has five healers and the other only has two:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/jumalacca/WoWScrnShot_011513_183301_zpsa5d34797.jpg

The problem is CCs AND healing. If you don't have enough CC to lock down ALL the healers, you're boned, end of story. I find as few as two healers running around together is pretty much domination in a bg.

Edit: I took this screenshot after getting fed up of constant battles being completely lopsided because of number of healers. I reckon I could take a screenshot similar to this once every five bgs (ie not an isolated instance).
Edited by Senyara on 1/15/2013 12:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
79 Tauren Druid
01/12/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Fats
Poor healers can't tank five dpsers anymore. So they all quit.

I always thought it was silly for them to take on 3-5 DPS. But we can't even handle one.

We SHOULD be able to handle 2 if all 3 players are good with a 3rd dps being able to kill us..

But as it stands now what the hell is my role? Cannon Fodder?
Edited by Locbun on 1/15/2013 1:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]