2nd Wind Nerf Reverted? Really?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
We all know how ridiculous warriors are compared to ret. The nerf to 2nd wind has already been reverted on the PTR so warriors will still regen 3% health every second below 35% health.

Why on earth can't ret get a single buff?

I've been spending time on the PTRs and warriors are still beasts and now rogues and monks are scary good...kill you in one stunlock good.

But ret is supposedly the target for balance?

I don't get it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They reverted the nerf because they changed Defensive Stance to give 15% damage reduction instead of 25%.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/10/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Dantekong
They reverted the nerf because they changed Defensive Stance to give 15% damage reduction instead of 25%.

Yes, I see that but a passive 3% per second is still insane. Warriors don't need it because even after the nerfs they are still damage machines.

I just don't get how warriors can get that kind of survivability but yet a ret can't even get more than 3 small heals off with a full mana bar.

Basically, the nerf went in on the PTR, warriors cried and it got reverted. 2nd wind is passive...even bad warriors will benefit from this who don't stance switch.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
But they take 10% more damage. That's huge. I mean, gemming full PvP Power as opposed to Resilience nets a swing of only 4-7% reduction and even then it makes a huge difference.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pretty sure you can burst down their 3% hp a sec in def stance now that they take 10% more damage.

Unless you're Agin of course and have trouble against AFK warriors.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
There was also a mention(on GC's twitter, I believe) of how it's included with the healing nerf to PVP, so between that(what is it, like 30% now?), the 2% second wind change, and 15% in def stance, warriors were apparently a little below where they wanted them, so it got bumped back up to 3%.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/10/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Darthsteve
There was also a mention(on GC's twitter, I believe) of how it's included with the healing nerf to PVP, so between that(what is it, like 30% now?), the 2% second wind change, and 15% in def stance, warriors were apparently a little below where they wanted them, so it got bumped back up to 3%.

Warriors are healers now?

LOL

Hunters have a self heal too...2% per 2 seconds or 30% every 2 minutes.

Warriors do more heals than ret in most games I'm in and they never have to press a key to do it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/10/2013 11:30 AMPosted by Luvok
Warriors do more heals than ret in most games I'm in and they never have to press a key to do it.

Tell me how those warrior heals saved a team mate.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
without second wind, warrior surviveability is nothing.....true story
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The reason they reverted it is because a 2% second wind effected by battle fatigue on the PTR was 1.4% (further reduced by MS effects). I personally still think it's a decent chunk, but apparently they felt it was too low. I can't find the question asked via twitter but I believe GC answered a question about whether or not PTR second wind would be effected by battle fatigue given that it got nerfed by 33% on the PTR as is. They mentioned they would evaluate and probably revert battle fatigue if the 2% went live.

I guess they took the easier solution by just having battle fatigue still effect it. Second wind at the moment (with fatigue) and not counting MS heals for 2.1% health a second. If they had left second wind at 2% on PTR and removed battle fatigue from being part of the calculation the difference between the two would have been 0.1%, which isn't a whole lot.

Overall the defensive stance change is the big one. It will make a considerable difference when bursting warriors.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
they still have more stuns and fears than any other class so all I can say is roll warrior
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

You're playing with some terrible rets then. I bet they never even swap to seal of insight when they are getting smashed on.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/10/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Halfcalf

You're playing with some terrible rets then. I bet they never even swap to seal of insight when they are getting smashed on.

I'm usually too lazy to do that and still pull more heals than warriors... (Divine purpose ftw)
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

Probably by killing all of their enemies while sitting in defensive stance with 2nd wind up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/10/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Alexthedude
they still have more stuns and fears than any other class so all I can say is roll warrior
Warriors have crazy damage, crazy healing and more CC than anyone..Nice work Ghostcralwer

Hey GC, you have made Rets the garbage spec of the game
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
01/10/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Meenamoo

Probably by killing all of their enemies while sitting in defensive stance with 2nd wind up.

The sad thing is I was going to post something like this. Not quite as snarky, but pretty close.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/10/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Alexthedude

you do know youre playing a hunter, right? you have some of the sickest CC in the game

second wind is about 13k and some change healing every second

Your Seal of Insight healed You 9689 Holy.
Your Hand of Light hit Training Dummy 1 Holy. (15514 Overkill)
Your Melee hit Training Dummy 1 Physical. (55558 Overkill) (Critical)
Your Seal of Insight healed You 9690 Holy.
Your Judgment hit Training Dummy 1 Holy. (62341 Overkill) (Critical)
Your Templar's Verdict hit Training Dummy 1 Physical. (171441 Overkill) (Critical)
pve gear insight with no buffs healing, so pvppower would do a bit more, add WoGs and SH FoL's and you're doing more healing than them

01/10/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Agincourt
Hey GC, you have made Rets the garbage spec of the game

it's not the class, just the bad player lmao
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
second wind is about 13k and some change healing every second

Your Seal of Insight healed You 9689 Holy.
Your Hand of Light hit Training Dummy 1 Holy. (15514 Overkill)
Your Melee hit Training Dummy 1 Physical. (55558 Overkill) (Critical)
Your Seal of Insight healed You 9690 Holy.
Your Judgment hit Training Dummy 1 Holy. (62341 Overkill) (Critical)
Your Templar's Verdict hit Training Dummy 1 Physical. (171441 Overkill) (Critical)
pve gear insight with no buffs healing, so pvppower would do a bit more, add WoGs and SH FoL's and you're doing more healing than them

PvP power doesn't affect healing :/
as far as i can tell personally PvE has better heals than PvP for ret
where PvP heals have the issue of MS effects or battle fatigue against them
Edited by Fallenangell on 1/10/2013 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
30 Night Elf Druid
We all know how ridiculous warriors are compared to ret. The nerf to 2nd wind has already been reverted on the PTR so warriors will still regen 3% health every second below 35% health.

Why on earth can't ret get a single buff?

I've been spending time on the PTRs and warriors are still beasts and now rogues and monks are scary good...kill you in one stunlock good.

But ret is supposedly the target for balance?

I don't get it.

my offhealing is !@#$ing weak after 5.1, i dont play my pally anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
insightttttttttt
Edited by Thermadin on 1/11/2013 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]