does prot pally have the least DPS

90 Goblin Shaman
i think out of all tanks, prot pally has the sh#ttiest DPS. take ages to solo a boss or kill a rare spawn in Lion's land, Blood DK and Guardian Druid kill so much faster.
Edited by Yomz on 1/10/2013 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
yep
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Get more vengeance!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Blood DKs and Bears (and probably Monks) are probably the worst tanks to compare to since they get two-handers, which means higher base damage than a shield-bearer's one-hander. That said, it's been stated by Blizz that Prot Pallies are intended to use Insight to survive, Truth to do damage. Wanna kill faster as a Prot Pally? Change Seals.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/10/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Blood DKs and Bears (and probably Monks) are probably the worst tanks to compare to since they get two-handers, which means higher base damage than a shield-bearer's one-hander. That said, it's been stated by Blizz that Prot Pallies are intended to use Insight to survive, Truth to do damage. Wanna kill faster as a Prot Pally? Change Seals.

The dps increase from SoT isn't really much...

It all comes down to vengeance as far as prot dps is concerned.

Can do some fun things with alot of vengeance and battle healer though!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As my only tank, I've found few quest related fights where I can't gather a bunch of mobs with this toon and mow them down, ending up with almost full health. Which to me is the goal anyway. If you want to whine that a bear could take down the mob(s) x seconds faster, go ahead. My thinking is the mob(s) are dead and my pally tank is still standing. To me, that is SCORE and more than good enough.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Lower your level to 80, and get MOP boe blues.

Your dps will go through the roof.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/11/2013 12:35 AMPosted by Kaezar
The dps increase from SoT isn't really much...

Admittedly true, but it does still put out more damage than Insight, which was my point. Righteousness, I think, is stronger for Prot single-target than Truth is now, isn't it?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
mfw prot pally has some of the best tank dps
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lower your level to 80, and get MOP boe blues.

Your dps will go through the roof.

Someone missed the vengeance hotfix.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I remember a time when tanking wasn't about DPS. It was about using abilities that generate threat and mitigation.

Good times.

PS: I miss Holy Shield. Watching my shield have a sudden glow of gold then hearing a chain of loud "THUNKS" as I block a multitude of incoming attacks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/11/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Holysavior
I remember a time when tanking wasn't about DPS. It was about using abilities that generate threat and mitigation.

And what's changed? You're still using abilities that generate threat and you're still mitigating. Infact you have more control over your mitigation.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
sometimes i saw tanks that topped the DPS in raids were warrior, druid or DK. never saw a prot pally.
Edited by Immortalock on 1/12/2013 8:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]