How about some boomkin pvp love?

There's a brand new patch with tons of new class changes coming. Yet none of them affect boomkin, which has been rubbish since Cata ended. Sure they do good damage in rated bg's, until they get caught out of position and a warrior sneezes on them.

I've heard that boomkin single target damage is rubbish in pve as well. I don't know much about that as I (poorly) chose to go feral this season. But in cata I seem to remember boomkins being good at both. No one ever considered them too completely overpowered in pvp either, since they'd crumble if a rogue sneezed on them.

I understand why the devs don't want to just buff boomie damage across the board, they'd be insane in rbg's. But you could at least do something for our survivability. It wasn't even that bad until the hybrid healing nerf (which wasn't even that much of an issue compared to other classes *cough priests*).

Feel free to stomp feral into the ground, the spec had its one season of viability. We didn't even get all of season 9 (4.06 never forget) after all. But for the love of god, fix boomkins. It's not that I can't handle resto, but I have a resto shammy alt, and quite honestly resto druid feels mind-numbingly easy in comparison. I'm willing to accept all the stupid pointless clunky boomkin mechanics if it means I can do enough spread damage to get an rbg spot.

tl;dr
Reply Quote
And right after posting this I see they're buffing hybrid healing from pvp power from 0 to 25%.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Yeah that's a great change, I hear dps specs need more healing *rolls eyes*
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
01/12/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Starbûck

it is a nice buff for hybrids as it brings their healing back to about where it was before the Battle Fatigue effect that made hybrid self healing garbage, unless you were a Shadow Priest where you were now just balanced.

BUT

Moonkins did see a few nice little things for 5.2. Soul of the Forest's potency being doubled, Treants getting significantly stronger if you take Force of Nature instead for more frequent but smaller burst windows, and Mass Entanglement being dropped to a 30 second cooldown will be a nice addition for RBG teams. You know...RBGS? The thing that Blizzard is now balancing PvP around?

There's also Feral cyclone getting nerfed so Balance will be at least a bit more appealing.

Not perfect but it is a decent start.
Reply Quote

it is a nice buff for hybrids as it brings their healing back to about where it was before the Battle Fatigue effect that made hybrid self healing garbage, unless you were a Shadow Priest where you were now just balanced.

BUT

Moonkins did see a few nice little things for 5.2. Soul of the Forest's potency being doubled, Treants getting significantly stronger if you take Force of Nature instead for more frequent but smaller burst windows, and Mass Entanglement being dropped to a 30 second cooldown will be a nice addition for RBG teams. You know...RBGS? The thing that Blizzard is now balancing PvP around?

There's also Feral cyclone getting nerfed so Balance will be at least a bit more appealing.

Not perfect but it is a decent start.

I'm a big fan of the SotF change, but losing Incarnation is a hard exchange. More of a sidegrade. Same with treants, I wouldn't take them over sotf or inc. Also not sure if I could ever drop typhoon for anything, even buffed ME.

Displacer beast is pretty much done for, looks like it's back to chicken disengage. I'd like it alot if they made it go a bit further though.

With the NV change I'm thinking I'll have to go HotW instead. The general consensus seems to be that NV was a feral nerf, but it overcomplicates boomkin as well. We have enough stupid clunky abilities that we can't macro together anymore as is. With HotW I can at least have a "oh crap" button, or dps while blanket silenced (scatterplay is gonna be really viable now since their blankets got left alone). DoC is still utter rubbish.

We'll see what rejuv ticks for now. It could be enough.
Edited by Creamo on 1/12/2013 2:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The PvP healing buff is nice, right now healing just doesn't even feel worth it.

01/12/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Bullettime

The Mass entanglement change is pretty significant, but SotF and the FoN buff still aren't enough to compete with Incarnation. Burst is just too important in PvP, and those bring neither. Moonkins will essentially still be the same, with just a bit more healing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Except that we lose healing and damage via NV, so incarnation may still be used but HotW may replace NV for more utility. It's possible that NV will just have to remain the choice simply due to wanting burst but it's sad that we are losing out on damage and survival via the nerf when it's ostensibly only being nerfed because of feral. We are so dependent on casting that it's sad that this got changed. Not to mention that it makes it worse in pve as well.

HotW will allow us to heal more or tank in bear form but that's just what we do now. I can't see SotF being useful in pvp as you'll need to cast to get the benefit of it. Right now I have some small cast windows but usually cycle eclipse by using astral communion while kiting behind a pillar if I haven't gotten enough starsurge procs.

The healing change is great but it would be nice if they gave us survival instincts and changed the warlock symbiosis to not make us so dependent on playing with them. Melee cleaves have the ability to completely wreck us right now and survival instincts baseline (changing lock ability to only interrupt immunity) would allow us to play some more varied comps.

It'd also be great if NV was kept as is, but I'm not sure that can happen now. Maybe if we all give feedback...
Reply Quote
With the other changes to feral, I'd bet they'd be keen to scrap the NV change. That won't fix us, but it sure would help.

I'd much rather they give us something else though. Unbound Will? Perhaps that 15% dmg reduction in boomkin form bumped up to 20 or even 25%? Hell, even just a buff to boomkin disengage would make me happy (wild charge).

Let's keep the ideas coming!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Survivability would be better if healing didn't suck so much, even with a 25% boost to healing it's still too low and you only have rejuv & HT. Spending 2-2.5 seconds for a 40k hp heal is garbage.
Edited by Brospin on 1/13/2013 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Glyph of unbridled Wrath: Allows Wrath to be cast while moving.
Glyph of the Cosmos: Starfire cast time decreased by 50% while Starfall is active.
Glyph of Nature's Fury: Nature and Arcane spells are uninterruptible while under the effects of Barkskin.
Glyph of Bounding: The distance leaped backwards by Wild Charge in Moonkin form is now doubled.

will add more as I think of them!
Edited by Creamo on 1/13/2013 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
^ I'll add my own!

Glyph of Thorns - Reflects 10% of damage back to the source while Barkskin is active. Only effects direct damage.
Glyph of Cosmic Radiance - Your Wrath and Starfire may be cast while moving while empowered by Eclipse.
Glyph of Focus - Your Starfall will always hit your current target,but only drops 10 Stars.
Glyph of Lunar Shower - Permanently increase the direct damage of Moonfire and Sunfire by 70%. Removes Lunar Shower's original effect.
Glyph of Astral Projection - Learns Astral Projection: Creates a copy of the druid at the current location. While active you may cast spells while moving. If pressed again, the druid will return to the original location. You may only return to your original location once per use and will not remove the casting effect. Entire effect lasts 12 seconds. 45 second cooldown.
Edited by Cyous on 1/13/2013 5:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
and I'll put some of mine:

Glyph of Tranquil Frenzy: Owlkin Frenzy now reduces the damage you take by 5% and can stack up to 3 times, instead of increasing your damage done by 10%.

Glyph of Ancient's Blessing - Learns Blessing of the Ancients: Puts a Blessing of the Ancient on the caster, with 5 stacks, lasting 30 seconds. While active, caster may cast spells on the move, and reduces the damage of the next attack by 40%. Each attack received consumes 1 stack of the blessing. 90 second cooldown.

Glyph of Focus: Your Starfall spell is not cancelled or suppressed by loss of character abilities.

Glyph of Astral Healing: If cast below 30% HP, your Starfall's stars can fall on yourself, healing you for 7% of your total HP / star for a maximum of 5 stars.

Glyph of Elune's Fury: Each your moonfire or sunfire is dispelled, the cast time of your next spell (with a base cast time of less than 5 seconds) is reduced by 0.5 seconds. This effect stacks.

Glyph of the Tsunami: Replaces Typhoon - You project a giant from all directions knocking back all enemies 25 yards, in a 10 yard radius. If Tsunami hits a rooted target, it is also stunned for 5 seconds. 45 second CD.

Minor Glyph:
Glyph of Ursoc's Binding: Your Might of Ursoc gives all of its benefits without shifting you into bear form.

^ above is to allow us to keep our starfall active when using a defensive CD.

Also, my naming creativity is horrible, so please just look @ the abilities instead of glyph names :P
Reply Quote
Nice! Really dig the cosmic radiance and tsunami.
Edited by Creamo on 1/14/2013 12:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Boomkins will rise again.
Reply Quote
We still like the DR change to Cyclone, but we are going to increase its range to 30 yards, and the PvP glove bonus for Balance and Resto will be to increase Cyclone duration by 2 sec.

Interesting...
Reply Quote
still no love
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Moonkins need a big defensive cd ( That isn't from symbiosis ) Just like every other caster has.

Would go a long way in fixing / helping moonkin pvp.

Would also love love love love love to see HOTW get revamped. I love the idea but as it is right now , The talent is awful. ( But it still may be the best option in pvp come 5.2 )

* Edit *

Having Instant roots again would be nice :)
Edited by Forestoreo on 1/18/2013 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Save the owls!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Lol all 3 specks of druid as pvp viable. How bout we gut boomkin since it didn't need buffs and should be in line with post 5.2 feral?
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 06:52 PMPosted by Vaega
Lol all 3 specks of druid as pvp viable. How bout we gut boomkin since it didn't need buffs and should be in line with post 5.2 feral?

I don't know what the heck you just said, but it was a free bump after all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]