How about some boomkin pvp love?

How about a conversion-like ability that heals us over time while draining lunar or solar energy? We could keep it up a little while by hardcasting, but not forever obviously (because of the new super-fun never casting metagame D:)
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Druid
0
I started reading this thread. Put it down and then came back to it a little later. When I picked it up again I assumed I was in a thread on the Druid forums and was shocked to see this was in ddf.

Boomkins don't need much of a buff if any at all. In fact they could have some of their burst ticked down a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
7085
01/20/2013 02:41 PMPosted by Adlitem
Boomkins don't need much of a buff if any at all. In fact they could have some of their burst ticked down a bit.


give me damage outside of cooldowns that doesn't rely purely on RNG and sure
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
6380
SotF isn't anywhere near the buff you think it is. It only aids in reducing one cast when going from solar to lunar...that's it. Honestly FoN is better than it right now. Inc is still the best choice because the treeants don't scale from solar eclipse.

Force of Nature may win out in PVP because the treeants will still cast while the melee carves up the boomkin, or the melee will one shot the treeants allowing to boomkin to get a hard cast off...but either way neither of those is an "upgrade".

Letting us cast our eclipsed spells while moving would fix so much...it's a fantastic idea...TO TWITTER!
Reply Quote
SotF isn't anywhere near the buff you think it is. It only aids in reducing one cast when going from solar to lunar...that's it. Honestly FoN is better than it right now. Inc is still the best choice because the treeants don't scale from solar eclipse.

Force of Nature may win out in PVP because the treeants will still cast while the melee carves up the boomkin, or the melee will one shot the treeants allowing to boomkin to get a hard cast off...but either way neither of those is an "upgrade".

Letting us cast our eclipsed spells while moving would fix so much...it's a fantastic idea...TO TWITTER!

I did link this to GC on twitter. Doubt he'll have time to read it though. I'm sure he gets spammed with so much stupid crap every day. Poor guy.

I started reading this thread. Put it down and then came back to it a little later. When I picked it up again I assumed I was in a thread on the Druid forums and was shocked to see this was in ddf.

Boomkins don't need much of a buff if any at all. In fact they could have some of their burst ticked down a bit.


I'm not sure if you understand how boomkins work.
Edited by Creamo on 1/21/2013 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
9155
The 2 second extension of balance and resto cyclone has been reverted. The only buff balance will see is 12.5% more healing and a better CD on MassE.
What scares me the most is the possibility of a Cata-state rogue v balance matchup.
If we put distance between ourselves and opponents in arena, cloak and dagger will allow for instant rogue movement, CD's, smoke/cloak - and a dead boomkin.
Reply Quote
Yup rogues are gonna be horrible again. Thank got warriors are getting disassembled or it wouldn't even be worth it to play a ranged class. Rogues monks and warriors running around being op would mess this next season up even worse than the current one is.
Reply Quote
Another day, still no love.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
6280
01/12/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Creamo
I'm a big fan of the SotF change, but losing Incarnation is a hard exchange. More of a sidegrade. Same with treants, I wouldn't take them over sotf or inc. Also not sure if I could ever drop typhoon for anything, even buffed ME.


The SotF change reduces getting to lunar eclipse by one more wrath cast....that's....it...sux

The treeants....may work....especially since we can't get a hard cast off in Arena anymore so a distraction may be nice.

I say just let boomkin cast their eclipsed spells while moving...solving Arena issues AND PVE issues.
Edited by Nexian on 2/4/2013 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote


I say just let boomkin cast their eclipsed spells while moving...solving Arena issues AND PVE issues.

Would make a nice glyph.
Reply Quote
Some defense would be nice though. I frapsed myself getting literally soloed by a hunter pet the other night. Glad they're getting buffed!
Reply Quote
I've been thinking a lot about this, and figure it'd be pretty sweet if you gave us an execute. Some kind of nature drain soul is fine. Pretty much every 1v1 I have ends with me on the floor and them backpedaling away with 5% hp after dots fall off.

Being able to finish kills would be an amazing addition to the boomie toolkit without fear of us being off the charts op next season, and a big help in pve too. I have a feeling they're ignoring us because we scale with gear so well. They know we do need something though, can't be that aloof!
Reply Quote
yes
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
6520
There's a brand new patch with tons of new class changes coming. Yet none of them affect boomkin, which has been rubbish since Cata ended. Sure they do good damage in rated bg's, until they get caught out of position and a warrior sneezes on them.

I've heard that boomkin single target damage is rubbish in pve as well. I don't know much about that as I (poorly) chose to go feral this season. But in cata I seem to remember boomkins being good at both. No one ever considered them too completely overpowered in pvp either, since they'd crumble if a rogue sneezed on them.

I understand why the devs don't want to just buff boomie damage across the board, they'd be insane in rbg's. But you could at least do something for our survivability. It wasn't even that bad until the hybrid healing nerf (which wasn't even that much of an issue compared to other classes *cough priests*).

Feel free to stomp feral into the ground, the spec had its one season of viability. We didn't even get all of season 9 (4.06 never forget) after all. But for the love of god, fix boomkins. It's not that I can't handle resto, but I have a resto shammy alt, and quite honestly resto druid feels mind-numbingly easy in comparison. I'm willing to accept all the stupid pointless clunky boomkin mechanics if it means I can do enough spread damage to get an rbg spot.

tl;dr
another bad boomkin trying to get a spec thats already good buffed lol. yay
Reply Quote
There's a brand new patch with tons of new class changes coming. Yet none of them affect boomkin, which has been rubbish since Cata ended. Sure they do good damage in rated bg's, until they get caught out of position and a warrior sneezes on them.

I've heard that boomkin single target damage is rubbish in pve as well. I don't know much about that as I (poorly) chose to go feral this season. But in cata I seem to remember boomkins being good at both. No one ever considered them too completely overpowered in pvp either, since they'd crumble if a rogue sneezed on them.

I understand why the devs don't want to just buff boomie damage across the board, they'd be insane in rbg's. But you could at least do something for our survivability. It wasn't even that bad until the hybrid healing nerf (which wasn't even that much of an issue compared to other classes *cough priests*).

Feel free to stomp feral into the ground, the spec had its one season of viability. We didn't even get all of season 9 (4.06 never forget) after all. But for the love of god, fix boomkins. It's not that I can't handle resto, but I have a resto shammy alt, and quite honestly resto druid feels mind-numbingly easy in comparison. I'm willing to accept all the stupid pointless clunky boomkin mechanics if it means I can do enough spread damage to get an rbg spot.

tl;dr
another bad boomkin trying to get a spec thats already good buffed lol. yay

Another 2200 rbg hero who can't break 1800 in arenas.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
14630
I was thinking, why not modifing Owlkin Frenzy into something more defensive. I mean, it procs from getting hit, and in PvP that means either pressure or a focus, and in most cases, means we wont be able to cast anyway so the +10% dmg and the pushback protection are moot vs the silences and interrupts we can recieve. Not to mention that you can soothe/tranquilize the effect.

So, here is my idea for Owlkin Frenzy:
Owlkin Frenzy
Attacks done to you while in Moonkin form have a 15% (30% if critically hit) chance to Heal you for 5% of your Maximum Health and increase all healing recieved by 20% for 10 seconds. 10 seconds CD, Enrage Effect.

Glyph of Owlkin Frenzy
Your Owlkin Frenzy now has a 30% (60% if critically hit) chance to trigger it's effects, but you now only recieve 10% increased healing instead.


The idea here is to give a slight step into making the boomkin more resistant to opening damage and some focusing, while allowing his HoT to heal more and become an easier target to heal.

I know this will have extra synergy with some healing macros, specially with NS+HT. Probably that means that Renewal will need another perk, like being able to be used while CCed, which is something neither NS or CW can do.
Edited by Toucanio on 2/9/2013 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
8885
and I'll put some of mine:

Glyph of Tranquil Frenzy: Owlkin Frenzy now reduces the damage you take by 5% and can stack up to 3 times, instead of increasing your damage done by 10%.

Glyph of Ancient's Blessing - Learns Blessing of the Ancients: Puts a Blessing of the Ancient on the caster, with 5 stacks, lasting 30 seconds. While active, caster may cast spells on the move, and reduces the damage of the next attack by 40%. Each attack received consumes 1 stack of the blessing. 90 second cooldown.

Glyph of Focus: Your Starfall spell is not cancelled or suppressed by loss of character abilities.

Glyph of Astral Healing: If cast below 30% HP, your Starfall's stars can fall on yourself, healing you for 7% of your total HP / star for a maximum of 5 stars.

Glyph of Elune's Fury: Each your moonfire or sunfire is dispelled, the cast time of your next spell (with a base cast time of less than 5 seconds) is reduced by 0.5 seconds. This effect stacks.

Glyph of the Tsunami: Replaces Typhoon - You project a giant from all directions knocking back all enemies 25 yards, in a 10 yard radius. If Tsunami hits a rooted target, it is also stunned for 5 seconds. 45 second CD.

Minor Glyph:
Glyph of Ursoc's Binding: Your Might of Ursoc gives all of its benefits without shifting you into bear form.

^ above is to allow us to keep our starfall active when using a defensive CD.

Also, my naming creativity is horrible, so please just look @ the abilities instead of glyph names :P


Love the tsunami and Ursoc ones, but all of them are great. Wish a minor glyph would keep us in moonkin form with displacer beast. Hate losing yet ANOTHER gcd getting back in form. Since we won't get stealth, why not?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
8885
I was thinking, why not modifing Owlkin Frenzy into something more defensive. I mean, it procs from getting hit, and in PvP that means either pressure or a focus, and in most cases, means we wont be able to cast anyway so the +10% dmg and the pushback protection are moot vs the silences and interrupts we can recieve. Not to mention that you can soothe/tranquilize the effect.

So, here is my idea for Owlkin Frenzy:
Owlkin Frenzy
Attacks done to you while in Moonkin form have a 15% (30% if critically hit) chance to Heal you for 5% of your Maximum Health and increase all healing recieved by 20% for 10 seconds. 10 seconds CD, Enrage Effect.

Glyph of Owlkin Frenzy
Your Owlkin Frenzy now has a 30% (60% if critically hit) chance to trigger it's effects, but you now only recieve 10% increased healing instead.


The idea here is to give a slight step into making the boomkin more resistant to opening damage and some focusing, while allowing his HoT to heal more and become an easier target to heal.

I know this will have extra synergy with some healing macros, specially with NS+HT. Probably that means that Renewal will need another perk, like being able to be used while CCed, which is something neither NS or CW can do.


I've been asking since Cata that owlkin frenzy be used for either offensive OR defensive purposes. We're balance -- we should get a choice! But yeah, its current incarnation is just terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
6520
another bad boomkin trying to get a spec thats already good buffed lol. yay

Another 2200 rbg hero who can't break 1800 in arenas.
Yeah because ive focussed on arena's for anything but a cap. what just because your a 1500 hero in arena doesnt mean i am.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]