How about some boomkin pvp love?

02/11/2013 07:17 AMPosted by Nightmarezx
oh sorry excuse me for my mistake. 1300 hero LOL in rbgs AND arena's. stay small please

1) it's hard to check achievements
2) i was zero rated a day ago
3) thanks for the bump, stay angry my friend!
Edited by Creamo on 2/11/2013 1:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/12/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Nightmarezx

Yeah im angry because some 1300 hero who cant even make it in simple rbgs starts talkin to me :D

cant even armory right . dude is 400+ above you in every bracket lol.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/12/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Nightmarezx

Yeah im angry because some 1300 hero who cant even make it in simple rbgs starts talkin to me :D

The person you're quoting has a 2200 achievement, I'm not sure why you even bring up ratings epeen garbage when you can't even read a number correctly lol.

Anyways, Boomkins are amazing and practically required in RBGs specifically for damage and for Vortex/Beam, but they ARE really bad in arenas compared to other caster specs. I'm not really sure how you go about fixing boomkins to be stronger in arena without buffing them in RBGs even more though. Maybe give them instant root back?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm not really sure how you go about fixing boomkins to be stronger in arena without buffing them in RBGs even more though. Maybe give them instant root back?

+2 seconds on Cyclone will help with arenas a fair bit imo.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/12/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Velaniz
I'm not really sure how you go about fixing boomkins to be stronger in arena without buffing them in RBGs even more though. Maybe give them instant root back?

+2 seconds on Cyclone will help with arenas a fair bit imo.

Didn't they revert all the cyclone changes except for the feral CD?

also

lmao.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
If moonkins get changes it should only be to increase their comp variety. They're pretty good, it's just that there are, like, two good people playing the spec.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Didn't they revert all the cyclone changes except for the feral CD?

also

I haven't seen them change it on the patch notes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

This season? if not just stay small k?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
9% buff to our 3 main dmg spells. No survival buffs, no movement dps buffs, just even larger SS crits. I dare say I hope our crit is insane in 5.2.
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid
If moonkins get changes it should only be to increase their comp variety. They're pretty good, it's just that there are, like, two good people playing the spec.

We're pigeon-holed into specific comps due to Symbiosis. It's a good reason why r.druids are always more wanted because they have a much wider range of useful abilities to make more comps viable.

We are pretty good, but only once every 3 mins when our CDs are all up. We do have amazing burst - and it makes the moonkin an even larger target for CC when he pops them up. I'm not saying RBGs are bad, but we're in RBGs due to Beam/Vortex. Take those away, and I'd dare say that no one would want a boomy.

Earthgrab totem specc'd enhance shaman (Symbo'd) is going to be equally good next patch - which is why I say that symbiosis is a definitive culprit for the balance druid problems.
Reply Quote
If our class didn't rely on symbiosis for defensive cd's life would be so much better.

Also grats to that trashcan warlock for getting his first 2200 (in rbg's). Awful troll.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So what's your plan for buffing moonkin only in arena and not rbgs as well?
Reply Quote
Survivability. Every class dies when you swap to them in rbg's. Assuming you did something about the healers...

Losing the stealth portion of DB is going to be painful, expecially considering the nerf was aimed at restos exploiting it. Much like the NV change was only really intended to weaken ferals. Though I am looking forward to trying HotW next season.

Give me some way to mitigate physical damage. even in moonkin form with barkskin up, hunters and warriors barely have to sneeze on me. I know my gear is pretty bad, don't get me started on how gear works this season.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Moonkin survivability is good, though. Remember that this is a team game...
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 02:24 AMPosted by Swampdonkeys
Moonkin survivability is good, though. Remember that this is a team game...

I play almost all classes, and gotta disagree about the survivability. Surviving with symbiosis from a warlock is a different story. I don't keep a warlock in my pocket, sadly.

As far as it being a team game, what am I supposed to do if the other team is all hunters and warriors?

I'd still settle for some kind of execute though. Even the silly weird thing they gave dk's this expansion. People cry about instant 140k starsurges but dont realize how we have to line up the sun and the moon to do it (I just make a moonkin joke). If it happened all the time...

I probably wouldn't have made this thread. Ever.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/18/2013 07:46 PMPosted by Creamo
I play almost all classes, and gotta disagree about the survivability. Surviving with symbiosis from a warlock is a different story. I don't keep a warlock in my pocket, sadly.

Well, fine, but I suggest you watch some streams of high-rated players. Moonkin really don't need anything except for eclipse to be killed really hard. Like, down into the depths of hell killed.

I think the problem is that moonkin are just stressful to play, and they're not very beginner-friendly because of it.

Go take a cold shower, Nightmarezx.
Edited by Swampdonkeys on 2/19/2013 9:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'll give you an example of why I'm saying what I'm saying:

I watched dano (playing turbocleave) try to kill a moonkin for 11 minutes. They eventually did get the druid down, but it took several full cycles of cooldowns, and while I'm not good enough to point out who's fault it was that the moonkin died, I'm pretty sure 11 minutes against turbocleave speaks for itself.

It's not a good idea to make moonkin even better in rbgs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]