if you want surv buff better be prepared to give up some of that huge damage

why not CC?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/20/2013 01:57 AMPosted by Cyous
if you want surv buff better be prepared to give up some of that huge damage

why not CC?

lol

You realize that giving up cc is giving up your survivability, right? And that your cc is why your survivability is so good?
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid
02/19/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Swampdonkeys
I watched dano (playing turbocleave) try to kill a moonkin for 11 minutes.

You mean the one from 2+ months ago, or before 5.1.. Do you feel that is still relevant with the buffs/nerfs to so many other classes?
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Swampdonkeys

why not CC?

lol

You realize that giving up cc is giving up your survivability, right? And that your cc is why your survivability is so good?

Well hey, trade some survivability for some survivability, fancy that.

Maybe next time this Dano guy shouldn't mindlessly tunnel things, maybe cc the healer or something. I dunno.
Reply Quote
Things we could really use:

Passive survivability buff. Moonkin form has 15% baked in, bumping that up surely wouldn't affect precious pve.

Execute. Even a channeled standstill job like drain soul would be ok. Tired of execute classes stealing my kb's! Would also nice to be able to effectively finish a kill instead of having to resort to moonfire spamming.

Dispell protection. Every dot class is howling for this. Our dots really aren't a threat on their own, but our spec requires uptime to fish for starsurge procs. Some joker dispelling all my dots pretty much shuts me down. (i.e. one application of mass dispell)

Instant roots. This should have been balance only back in cata anyway, maybe resto too. I played feral then, and didn't need it ever. Not ever.

Escape mechanism. I love displacer beast, too bad they're taking away the vanish, because it was too good for resto druids. Just like they nerfed NV because of ferals. And instant roots because of ferals. Sigh.

Change DoC to something people will use/care about. Other than a few pve ferals who speak binary and fluent Klingon.

Make force of nature baseline again! I miss them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

Passive survivability buff. Moonkin form has 15% baked in, bumping that up surely wouldn't affect precious pve.

Execute. Even a channeled standstill job like drain soul would be ok. Tired of execute classes stealing my kb's! Would also nice to be able to effectively finish a kill instead of having to resort to moonfire spamming.

Dispell protection. Every dot class is howling for this. Our dots really aren't a threat on their own, but our spec requires uptime to fish for starsurge procs. Some joker dispelling all my dots pretty much shuts me down. (i.e. one application of mass dispell)

Instant roots. This should have been balance only back in cata anyway, maybe resto too. I played feral then, and didn't need it ever. Not ever.

Escape mechanism. I love displacer beast, too bad they're taking away the vanish, because it was too good for resto druids. Just like they nerfed NV because of ferals. And instant roots because of ferals. Sigh.

Change DoC to something people will use/care about. Other than a few pve ferals who speak binary and fluent Klingon.

No to all. Boomkins are do way way to much damage to not die.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

No to all. Boomkins are do way way to much damage to not die.

Only during our burst windows. We tickle in arena when we're out of our CDs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/22/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Jens
just so everyone is clear - almost every spec in arena , when cds are popped , they all do retarded damage , so i dont see how u can say boomkin cds are overpowered , if boomkins were good in pvp , then y is there only 1 boomkin on my battlegroup who is 2200 +

i think the problem is with cooldowns running the randomness of the spec can put out beyond retarded burst, sometimes i can chain 3 instant starsurge into a solarbeam/vortex and 100%-0 a healer. i understand the odds of that happening are beyond slim but to be on the receiving end of that is not ok
Reply Quote
If we weren't so rng reliant to actually do damage, I wouldn't be on the forums asking for buffs in the first place. :D
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
02/24/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Creamo
If we weren't so rng reliant to actually do damage, I wouldn't be on the forums asking for buffs in the first place. :D

Being the "reciever" of the beefed-up SS string is not really nice (unless you are a DK with AMS up or using Tank-class CDs, but still). The problem is that this requires to have back-to-back SS procs on a very short timer (while all CDs are up, which is mostly a 15sec space every 3 mins). Considering that this relies on 30% of a critical chance of any of your DoT and the healers actually dispell (or mass dispel) those, it might seem balanced in group gameplay.

Ofc, this is more common on large-scale groups (All BGs and some multi-target PvE fights, since you have more targets to DoT over and, except for a well-placed/coordinated mass dispell, you can outrun the single-target dispel of a healer with relative ease). But also this is detrimential for any kind of small-scale situation (Arenas, random wPvP and single-target PvE fights).
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Cezar
And right after posting this I see they're buffing hybrid healing from pvp power from 0 to 25%.

What they SHOULD have doen is change the blanket healing debuff "Battle Fatigue" from a straight 30% debuff to a 15% healing debuff with a 20% mana cost increase, so that all forms of healing are decent, but COST $$$$$$$ in mana.

Problems solved.

I already go oom healing as is. Of course moonkins get a crapton of mana back from eclipse, but that'd crush ferals. As feral I can't even HT to full without innervate :p
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And right after posting this I see they're buffing hybrid healing from pvp power from 0 to 25%.

What they SHOULD have doen is change the blanket healing debuff "Battle Fatigue" from a straight 30% debuff to a 15% healing debuff with a 20% mana cost increase, so that all forms of healing are decent, but COST $$$$$$$ in mana.

Problems solved.

I already go oom healing as is. Of course moonkins get a crapton of mana back from eclipse, but that'd crush ferals. As feral I can't even HT to full without innervate :p

Ferals get so many PS procs that they can outheal a boomkin any day of the week.
Reply Quote

Problems solved.

Ferals get so many PS procs that they can outheal a boomkin any day of the week.

1) outside of burst, ferals tend to be energy starved all the time, where do the PS procs come from then?
2) what does that have to do with squishy owls getting beaten down in battle areas with no chance to survive?
Reply Quote
Even though there are a few buffs coming our way, I'm rather concerned they won't be enough with every single melee class getting buffed. Unholy dk's will be worthy of pulling the router cord, our old nightmare from s11 (rogues) are making a big comeback, warriors are still going to be ridiculous, monks are looking good, ferals are still really strong despite cyclone cd, and rets are shaping up to be great too.

Despite all that, should you (Blizzard) decide to put more stuff on DR with similar effects (dragon roar and paralytic poison come to mind) and make it so I can play my character, I'd be more than happy with that. There's also still 9 different blanket silences out there in the world. I know it seems ridiculous, a balance druid complaining about blanket silences, but you can't run out of the others. Solar beam takes about a second or two of setup with vortex, or more with a root, other blankets you can just set to focus macros and fire off any time.
Edited by Creamo on 3/2/2013 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]